Chapter Eight

Author's note 

--------------------
I'm still unsure about what to do with this story. I started to write it a long time ago but now I would like to continue it. My problem is that I need more problems to occur in the book so I can solve them. I want to make it more interesting, forgive me if things turn out strange. (If you have an idea, feel free to message me.)

  Chapter Eight
The New Problem  

The next day arrives and I wake up to a headache. Since when did my head hurt in the morning? I decided to shrug it off and went downstairs for a glass of water.
     My mom was standing next to the sink and she saw how hard my hand was pressed to my forehead.
     "Something wrong?"
     "My head is killing me," I said.
     My mom doesn't say anything else. She insist I take an ibuprofen so I did and went back upstairs to get ready for dance practice.
     I nearly trip walking up the stairs but I grip the rail for balance. Maybe I shouldn't go to dance, perhaps I should stay home and try to fix whatever is happening. The sad thing is, I don't know how I am going to fix it.
     After a few minutes of regrouping myself, I get to the top of the steps and decided to turn on the last episode of 'Dancers On Pointe' while I pack.
     First, I put some tights in for ballet and then my tap shoes. Suddenly I stop, the jazz pants I was holding, falls to the ground.
     I search for my remote and when I see it, I snatched it up and pushed the rewind button.
     "Mrs. Clarksville says that she had made a new solo for Mikayla Laid-off. Her specific words were:
     "I have choreographed a contemporary solo just for Mikayla. This dancer has something that catches my eye every time but I'm afraid that I might have to give it to someone else. Mikayla seems to be ill."
     Ill? How could I have done anything to show anyone that I am ill? In all honesty, I won the last two competitions we competed in! My head felt like it was about to explode because now I am jumping. I am not hollering or yelling. Simply just jumping up and down in order to get my energy released. My anger was too much to handle.
     Elane must have gotten that solo. The one that was meant for me. The one that was absolutely beautiful. There is no way I am staying home now. I've got to get to the studio and find some way to make her pay. Elane had to have said something to make everyone believe I was coming down with something, but if anyone really knew me, they could see right through it. On the unfortunate hand, I'm still too new for anyone to notice.