Chapter Four

Chapter Four
---------------
The Ask

    "Great! Not a thought!" I yelled.
     The studio in my house is a very calming place to me. Sometimes, okay, a lot of times when I'm upset about something I will come down here and just stand. Looking at myself in the mirror, sitting down just staring at my reflection. Sometimes I would even pick out a song and start dancing. Now was one of those times.
     Getting upset is a thing I do often, but I can't help the way my life goes. I got really mad because my best friend Kennedy got a boyfriend but she didn't tell me, then lied straight to my face. The reason why I was yelling is because my mind is blank I just have nothing in my head right now. I don't know what move to do next after I come out of a turning combination. Images of videos I've seen pop into my head. Whenever I tried it, I either stumbled or looked bad. Nothing worked.
     My phone started buzzing but I ignored it because I was sure it was just Kennedy. Though it rang a second time and I was so stumped on this dance.
     "Hello?" I answered to an unknown number.
     "Hi is this Makayla Laid-off? " The voice asked.
     "Yes?"
     "It's David Stonewall," his voice was deep, David sounded older than her, much older. 

     " I would like to tell you that there is a studio that will be going on television very soon, and the teacher asked me to offer you the opportunity to come dance for them."

     I muted the phone and screamed in silence jumping up and down. Wait how did this happen?
"What is the date the teacher would like me to be there? And whats the catch?" I asked curiously.
"April 30, 2017, there is no catch Ma'am."
"Alright thank you," I said and turned off the phone. Did he just call me ma'am? My phone beeped again, great it was Kennedy but I didn't respond, it had only been a text of apology anyway. I hadn't planned on forgiving her any time soon. 
     I ran up the steps talking as fast as my feet were moving. That's how I could come out of my turn sequence, footwork! My face became even brighter at the idea. 

     "Hold on, say that again," my mother asked. 

     When I repeated what had just happened, my mother sigh, saying the date of the show would be the same day as we leave for the Kentucky competition. Perfect. I cant just bail on my team like that, but I really wanted to go.

****
Hey sorry guys yes this chapter is over, :( it took a while to update I had some trouble writing this chapter it might be shorter I'm sorry but please keep reading! And thanks pleaseee pleaseee pretty please comment and vote mostly comment bye!
-mgraceb00