Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
Ideas

After ballet, we head to the dressing room. I didn't want to say anything to Alex and make it worse. It was more quiet than it has ever been.
     Until Elane says something to her.
     "Alex, come on tell us why you're crying. We care about you."
     For a moment, Alex was completely silent. The room began to feel awkward and then, "You put me up to this Elane! Why are you being so mean and hateful toward everyone on the competition team? Right, besides Lexi because she's the only one you've got. You don't care about me or anyone else. Go find another studio with people to torment!"
     Alex pushes herself off the bench. That was the last straw for me. Anyone who not only goes after me, but my friends too? That person has some explaining to do, if not I will find something. I have to find some way to make Elane pay for what she's done. I have to do it soon enough that she understands what it's for.
     The tricky part is not getting caught, I might kick myself off the team.
****
The next class was tap. Jordan was the first in there and I was the second. As soon as I stepped into the doorway, she screams my name.
     When I get to her, she seems so excited that she almost trips. I catch her and she laughs. Brushing it off and finally calming down.
     "What happened?" I asked.
     "I'm on the team. The competition team! I don't know what happened. Mrs. Clarksville  just now asked me!"
     There was nothing to say. Since Alex was kicked off, Jordan took her place.
     "Who else knows?"
     "Just you," she says. But it's only a matter of time before the other girls find out.
     "Hey Nikki, guess what?" Jordan skips over to Alex's cousin. This isn't good, and I have no way to help. Alex and Nikki are close, I can't imagine how Nikki's feeling. When she hears this news, it will only get worse.
     I watch, "I'm on the competition team now! I don't know how it happened but I'm so happy!"
     Nikki's eyes dart to the floor. Elane and Lexi stand close to the door from walking in.
     "What? Aren't you happy for me? I mean I wish I knew why but I don't," Jordan says, clearly out of worry.
     Elane looks at Jordan dead in the eye. Jordan looks back at her.
     Elane speaks, and everyone listens, "I do."
     After those words slipped. Jordan and Elane were in a stare down. All I could do was watch.