Chapter 16 Jealousy

Winter's Pov.

This dragon was really incredible in my eyes and I felt my wolf, Chase, begin to surface in my mind. He had confusion in his voice as he spoke to me, 'Winter I didn't expect to meet my mate for another two years. He cannot be my mate because he's not staring directly at us. Actually, I do believe he is staring at red-haired dude over there. You know, the guy with the big muscles that is overprotective of you.' Now that makes me surprised...so surprised that I choke on my own spit and I end up almost having a coughing fit. Luckily, I gain my composure before I make a fool of myself in front of my Alpha dad.

'Oh, you mean Troy? He is only protective of me because he thinks of me as a sister. But, this dragon-shifter is a male and Troy is a male, meaning that they would never be fated together, right?' The idea baffles my brain, as I can clearly remember only ever seeing a male and a female in a relationship.

'Winter, you came from a place where this rarely ever happened. Now, you exist in a reality where everyone can be fated to be with anyone. Tread lightly with this situation, you must make sure to keep Troy in the pack and happy with his potential mate. His last mate was killed by his former packmates out of disgust, do not repeat their acts of violence out of your ignorance.' 

'I will try to avoid any acts of violence because that is not in my nature. Although I may not understand this, I will try to overcome that barrier and learn from it.' While I was deep in my train of thought, the foreign boy started to move towards Troy, which did not make me feel comfortable. Unconsciously, I let out my Alpha growl, the single most threatening thing a werewolf of my rank can release. Not even a second later, the boy is shaking in fear as he lowers himself onto the floor in submission. Troy throws a glare at me that is full of total and utter hatred. Realizing that I am overreacting to this situation, I stride towards him and set my hands on his shoulders. Troy lets out a soft growl but then whimpers in fright of what I will do to his dragon mate. Since I am an Alpha in training, I could decide to do anything, even if it was against a rule, and hold no accountability for what I did. Everyone held their breath no matter who they were: Alpha, Beta or warrior, they were scared for this dragon's life. Chuckling softly, I drag him from his knees and hold him up for a second due to his fear of me. Placing my hands on his shoulders, I push him away enough to look him in the eyes.

As I am talking to him, my voice is surprisingly emotionless and frightening. "What is your name and your intentions, dragon. You are trespassing on my pack's land and I have never seen your type of dragon before, what are you? A secret assassin hellbent on killing the leaders in my pack? Or are you a terror cell sent to destroy us from within?" His face had terror written all over it, a seemingly ruined canvas. Deciding that I had been too harsh on him, I add a few words to bring back the life inside his eyes. "Excuse my behavior, I must learn when to use my Alpha voice and when not to. What is your name?" The whiteness that had overtaken his face slowly dissipated as the flow of blood returned to his head. 

Placing him on the ground, I brush his shoulders off in a friendly gesture before nodding at him to speak, "My name is Jeremy. Alpha Winter, I'm deeply sorry for giving your pack such a scare. My family and I are the last of the Blood Wing Dragons. I beg of you, please do not hurt me or my mate. The only reason I dropped down into your village was that I sensed that my mate was living in your pack. Really, I never meant any harm to your people, I'm sorry. I only wanted to see my mate." As the last sentence left his mouth, a tear slid from his eye and then one after another they fell. Feeling horrible about making him feel like this, I glimpse over my shoulder to see that Troy is visibly trembling in anger. Troy is actually scared to death that I will hurt his mate, how sweet. Beckoning him over I begin to mind link with him. 'Troy, do you really want this guy as your mate? I mean, I really do not care who your mate is, but as one of the Alphas, I must know how many people live in my village for safety purposes. So do you want him?' Finishing up my question, I nod towards the male leaning against me.