Chapter Nine

Ronnie sat in the Gryffindor common room Thursday evening reading a book in one of the corner nooks, still upset with Sirius and Remus for thinking they could control her life. She had been ignoring them for a few days now and she could tell Remus was getting annoyed with her behaviour but knowing how stubborn she was, Sirius, however, was so distraught about being ignored.

Ronnie watched as the marauders all sat in front of the fireplace not far from her, talking quietly to each other. She pretended she didnt feel their eyes on her as they whispered, no doubt talking about her.

She finally looked up as James started walking towards her, sitting on the nook by her feet. She slammed her book shut and looked up at him, "What?"

"I can't just come to say hi?" James pestered with a small smile on his face, trying to look innocent.

"No, because I saw you four whispering before you came over. I'm not going to forgive Sirius and Remus unless they apologize if thats what you were going to say." Ronnie dismissed him, going to open her book again.

James let out an irritated sigh as he was always playing peacemaker. He yanked her book out of her hands, forcing her to look at him with a shocked look on her face.

"Come on Ronnie, they are sorry. Sirius is torn up about it. They just worry about you hanging around Regulus... and you know how Remus is, he's stubborn... must be a Lupin thing." James tried to joke as she gave him a straight face look, clearly not amused.

"I dont care. Until they apologize and can realize that they can't control me just because you idiots think you are my protection team, I don't want to talk to them." Ronnie shook her head as James couldn't help the small smile that made its way to his face. He never had siblings, especially a little sister, and even though they were arguing right now, he was glad he had Ronnie as his little sister.

"They care."

"And I don't care."

James went to rebuttal when Professor McGonagall approached them, clearing her throat.

"Veronica, James, good evening." She nodded at them, "Hi Minnie!" James cheered as McGonagall rolled her eyes, "Yes hello Potter. As per the reason I came into the common room this evening... Veronica, we need some forms signed for Hogsmeade, Christmas vacation and more. I know this is a sensitive topic for you but as I checked the ministry records, there's been no new custody arrangements... I was wondering where I should be sending these forms?"

"Oh, uh-" Ronnie started before James cut her off, "Send it to my house Minnie, my parents have become Ronnies guardian."

Professor McGonagall didnt question this statement as she tried to hide her shocked face, "And what about Remus?"

"He is of age." James reminded her as she nodded, "Yes, yes, I suppose that is right. Okay, thank you, Potter, thank you, Veronica."

Ronnie still held a shocked look on her face as she turned to look at James, "So where were we? Ah yes, you were going to forgive Sirius and Remus so we could all be one happy family again." James told her as she rolled her eyes, now not as upset as she was before. What James told McGonagall, made her heart happy. She had a family, even if it wasn't conventional.

"Fine... if they apologize for being nosy." Ronnie sighed in defeat as James sat up happily, "Deal! Boys, come here."

Sirius wasted no time running over as Peter had to practically drag Remus over, the three boys now sitting on the floor in front of the nook she sat in.

"Remus is almost as stubborn as Ronnie." Peter teased as she flipped him off, "Hey, no crude gestures!" Sirius now spoke as Ronnie narrowed her eyes at him.