Chapter Twelve

Well, Veronica's life was basically over at Hogwarts. Or at least she felt like it was. She knew she was being dramatic but Remus and the boys finding out about her romance with Aiden was pretty much the worst-case scenario.

Remus and Sirius had spotted her sneaking out of his room early one morning, causing the two Lupin siblings to fight, or, Remus tried to fight with her and instead she spent the next few days hiding from him every chance she got, sneaking around the castle as if she was a criminal.

And the feeling only got worse for Ronnie when Aiden told her about the conversation he had with her older brother.

"He threatened you?" Ronnie exclaimed, sitting up out of his grip as the two lay in his bed, his arms draped around her.

"Yeah, him and his friends but looks Ronnie it's not a big deal-" Andy tried to say, attempting to pull her back down to him as she fought the grip, anger bubbling through her.

"No, he doesn't get to do that! I am so sick of him treating me as if I am a child and can't make my own decisions! I am nearly sixteen years old! When is he going to understand that I don't need him to play my protector!" Ronnie angrily said as she stood off his bed.

Andy sighed at the girl as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed so he sat upright, pulling her waist closer to him, "Ronnie, it's okay, really. I wouldn't let what they said get to me now, I like you too much to walk away because an overprotective older brother said so."

"But it's still not right!" Ronnie exclaimed, finally letting him pull her to him as he looked up at her, "I know, but he's your brother, he cares about you. And he's done this for years, it's like second nature to him. It also doesn't help that we kept it a secret from the four of them and they found out by you sneaking out of my room at 5 am, Im sure that wasn't an ideal picture for Remus. He just cares about you-"

"Oh merlin, now you sound like him." Ronnie groaned, leaning into his embrace and resting her forehead on his shoulder as he laughed, "I get why you're mad, but try to understand that Remus just cares about you."

"Im still pissed at him, at all of them. Tell me again exactly what they all said and did," Ronnie requested as Andy shook his head, "And what good would that do besides get you angrier?"

"Well, I need to know exactly what to yell at them about when I smack some sense into them." Ronnie mumbled as he laughed, "You can't hit them."

"Why not?"

"You're a prefect."

"So are James and Remus but yet here they are, threatening boys I like."

"Ooooh, so you like me, huh?" Andy began to tease as her face blushed, trying to push out of his embrace as he locked his arms even tighter around her waist to pull her onto him as he laid back down on the bed, letting her squeal and flop into the spot next to him.

"Thank you for not being weird about this... im really sorry." Ronnie quietly mumbled as she rested her head on his shoulder, "This is nothing that you have to be sorry for, I can handle an older brother and three friends, I don't want you to think this is anything more than it is, im not going to just break things off with you because im afraid of them, or else I would've never asked you out in the first place."

"Yeah... that still took you a long time to do." Ronnie now teased back as he let out a low chuckle, "Oh hush you. Now you're free to hang out in here for as long as you want as my roommates won't be back until late but I have to run to study group, catch up later?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later." Ronnie nodded, giving him a kiss before he left her alone in his dorm.

She laid in silence for a while, overthinking the situation with her brother and his three closest friends, and her possible future boyfriend. She really liked Andy and couldn't believe Remus would threaten him and tell the boy that if he didn't leave his little sister alone, they would make his life living hell.