chapter 4 - stargazing

It was already a late afternoon when Finley woke up from a deep sleep. These last few weeks were extremely exhausting, especially since Seth was relentless in giving orders and abusing the power over Finley's body as he pleases. If Seth wanted something he would get it and it's been getting more and more. More often then not they ran into khonshu and Marc who was behaving quite Stange each Time they meet during the nighttime. one time while Marc was raiding a drug cartel in the name of khonshu as moonknight and killing people left and right, Finley sat on another roof having a conversation with the strange looking god as they were waiting for moonknight to finish his task.....

"so you believe in my practices and way of justice?" Khonshu starred at Finley who sat next to him surprised at her latest statement. Finley nods watching her legs dangling off the edge of the building and bit her lip " yeah I do ....bad people have to be punished. It's justified to kill a bad human to protect the innocent" she shifted her glance to khonshu " I read your story and you weren't treated fairly by the other god's just because they thought their morals where above yours. In my opinion casting you out was the worst thing they could have done- with that only showing futhermore their hypocrisy and twisted way of thinking" she added and khonshu turned his head " hum.. well I feel quite flattered and relived you think that way. I'm surprised that someone actually understands what I'm after" khonshu felt a wave of relive hit him that at least some humans could understand his moral code and reason for the things he deems his life task. Especially this tiny human right beside him seems to be just perfect as they not only understood him but also didn't show and fear of his appearance and where very respectful. Khonshu stopped moving for a moment- did he actually like this human more than the others? Because it's pleasant for him to be nearby her? He shook his head and pushed that thought away when Finley spoke up again " I love the night sky ".

Finley was laying on her back and starred up into the cloudless night with a small smile "my parents taught me astrology when I was a child and they were still alive.... We even had a big telescope to look at the different stars. it's so beautiful...all these galaxies... And especially the moon..." She turned her head a bit " the moon is the most beautiful thing in existence.... It's so calming" She said softly while sitting up again. khonshu was quietly watching her for a few seconds, looking up before inching closer to her and pointed at the sky "I'm gonna show you something- look to the moon and only the moon" Finley was a bit confused at first and then shrugged it off and looked up as the god demanded it. Khonshu spread his fingertips and with one move of his hand the moon seemed to grow closer. In one of the other second it seemed to have grown twice the size and was gleaming dominantly over the landscape in an almost surreal way. Finley let out a loud gasp and her eyes widened " oh my god- that's- that's just amazing " a bright smile grew on her lips " you are amazing khonshu! That's so cool' she added and khonshu chuckled and the humans excitement over something so small. " Don't forget I'm the god of the night sky afterall " khonshu let his hand sink " I could turn the whole night sky if I wanted to but... we'll let's say there would be certain consequences I would reather not receive " he informed Finley and she nods absentmindedly still starring at the moon dazed by it's beauty. Khonshu was looking at her with a fixated glance- he couldn't stop looking at her for a while before a sound made him tear his gaze away.

" Looks like Marc is done. The screaming stopped " Finley sighs " everytime I run into you guys marc is on a murder spree. I really wish we could meet on a nicer occasion....." She huffed and slowly got up. " Well maybe but there are too many people who need to be punished for their deeds. Especially during these times it's important to extinguish their lives before they commit even more " khonshu said and Finley shrugged " I understand. I'm gonna go then. Seth is very impatient " she turned to leave but gave one last glance back to khonshu " this conversation was quite pleasant. It's really nice to be in your presence... I definitely prefer it over Seth's any day. We should talk again....if you exuce me" she cracks another smile and proceeded to jump off the building landing on her feet unharmed due to Seth's Inherited strength and made her way back home looking up at the moon who was still twice the size as before shining from the sky. Finley smiled to herself " khonshu...." She uttered and chuckled with a slight blush on her cheeks. This god surely was something else. She didn't know what it was yet but there was something special about him for sure.

Further away khonshu was waiting silently when a blood soaked Marc approached him once again with a sinister face "I don't want to do this anymore! This is the fourth time now this week. I don't get why you suddenly wanted me to go on a murder spree but I'm sure there are no more bad people left for now. Also why you where having a nice conversation with fin, Steven came out almost twice! It's getting worse" he complained loudly and threw his hands up in frustration " are you even listening bird Brain or are you upset I'm not that Finley girl you seem to be so obsessed with - if you like her so much maybe she should be your avatar" Marc scoffed and looked at khonshu " oh stop complaining. Remember what you owe me! It's not my fault you Humans are rotten to the core. Especially in this city there are many people who deserve my judgement. Now shut your mouth. You are dismissed. Go home and don't let the idiot come out too early " khonshu turned around and disappeared in a gust of wind leaving a very mad Marc behind.

" Asshole " was the last thing he uttered before he walked back home, not noticing the moon had changed at all.