chapter 5 - to save the world

- authors note: I'm trying to follow the plot along with the main characters and squeeze my girl into the gaps. It may or may not be very hard to read. I apologize-

It was a few months later and finley had got used to seeing Marc and khonshu every now and then if she crossed ways with them ever so often moved by the will of their gods. She also found out about Steven but tried to keep away from him to not confuse him any further and just sometimes watched him in his daily life when he was unaware and clueless about everything. How could he have known anyway.... But then things changed once khonshu informed her about something important that they had to do. They apparently were chasing after a golden scarab to save the world from one of the other gods. A big task that would take them in a downward spiral of madness if they were to fail.

Seth didn't liked Finley's behaviour- he also didn't like khonshu or his avatar. So whenever Finley wanted to see how they were doing Seth usually held her back but this time Finley was out on her own again chasing after Steven as he got abducted by the follower's of ammit. So far everything that happened must have felt like a bad dream for Steven and Finley felt very sorry for him knowing that Marc was mostly in control of their body whenever they meet so far and the new found truth was surely hitting hard on a man like Steven. Marc also appears to have a wife he revealed to Finley later who also wasn't aware of anything and just arrived back when everything was just starting to go downhill. Layla was a very sympathetic girl but was just as overwhelmed by the complicated situation as Finley was when she first meet them. It was almost comedically tragic how Marc had to explain himself to two people at the same time while under the pressure to save the world from another ancient Egyptian god...

Finley sat on a rooftop in Seth's amour and saw Steven getting out of a car and approached by a man. Fin bit her lip recognizing him immediately. This must be athur Harrow the leader of the cult of ammit and khonshu's ex avatar. She thought back to the time Marc told her about Harrow and the plans he had for the rest of the world which were clearly just a typical case of someone being bitter about their own shortcomings and dooming humanity for it, in a crazy act of self-righteousness. She watched on from the shadows as Harrow tried to appeal to Steven to join their cause meanwhile khonshu was shouting profanities next to them trying to urge Steven to kill Harrow already which resulted in Steven just bring even more scared and confused.

Finley shook her head " this won't get us anywhere" she scanned the area and when Steven and Harrow moved inside the building she decided to stay out of sight for now but still listened to their conversation. She let the amour dissapear and tried to mix in with the people in the surrounding area and kept her head down. She didn't wanted to interfere with any plans khonshu might had and just looked on as Harrow started to tell Steven how awful khonshu was and compared him to a big child. Khonshu of course was pissed- no one tried to understand his form of justice. Finley turned to hear Harrow suggest his own form of justice. His plan of course was to free ammit and let her kill everyone who's hearts weren't balance even before they did anything wrong. Morally this plan was very questionable and compared to khonshu's way of justice it seemed like it was way too much considering that more then half of the world's population was at stake if this plan would come into action  captured in her thoughts she noticed too late Stevens attempt to flee and the chaos that broke out afterwards. Finley looked up to see not only Steven but also Layla- being surrounded by Harrow's men. As she wanted to jump into action to help them she got grabbed by the leg and stumbled to the ground being found out as well. Trying to defend herself from the surrounding enemies she didn't noticed the jackal who was being summed by athur nor did she see in which direction Layla and Steven went afterwards. When she finally managed to free herself from a few of the attackers another one tackled her making her fall quite a bit due to her being on an elevation in the room. Hitting the ground with a small whine she had to suck in a deep breath of air after it was knocked out of her lungs and turned her head to the side. For a few seconds she was starring right into athur Harrow's eyes before she swiftly jumped to her feet and ran towards the exit to find her friends.

As she made it out onto the street she heard the sound of breaking glass and looked up. A person was heading towards the ground and she jumped to the side expecting the splatter of a dead body but she was mistaken when she looked closer at the person. "What....the hell" she uttered quietly as the person started to argue with his reflection " Marc?--- no Steven?" Finley asked and Steven turned around. He clearly was wearing khonshu's amour- well in one way or another. It looked actually like a white suit. " Uh... Who are you again?" Steven asked and Marc answered in the reflection " that's Finley. She's Seth's avatar! Focus Steven" Marc shouted as a growl could be heard and the jackal appeared again ready to tear them apart. Changing into Seth's amour she gripped her weapons. " Oh my god you're so cool" Steven said behind her and stood next to her " you look awesome" he said in a wavery but optimistic voice and Finley chuckled " thanks. You also look amazing Steven " she smiled at him and Marc could be heard slapping his head " you guys- please focus on killing that thing. You can compliment eachother later " he huffed and Finley nods.

It took them a while but eventually Steven and Marc manager to kill the jackal by impaling it with fins help. Finley sighs deeply after the creature was dead and wanted to check up on Marc and Steven but they were already in an argument with Marc back in control of their body. Not wanting to interfere with their personal matter Finley stood on a rooftop and waited for them to be done when a voice popped up next to her "you where following us huh? You know that it's very dangerous right?" Khonshu stood next to Finley " just because you're also an avatar you don't have to feel obliged to be involved into this. Tho I personally appreciate your presence " he uttered and looked down at Marc who was starting to get upset at Steven. " I have no idea what you guys are doing or how you got into this situation in the first place... Nor how Steven and Marc are existing like that or you taking advantage of their situation. It's not my place to judge but....I feel this urge to be near you. I want to help.... Especially Marc and Steven. They are a mess and .... well I don't have anything else to do with my life." She sighs and sat down on the edge of the building " I hope you understand what I'm saying".

Khonshu was starring at her. He felt this strange feeling again but then decided to turn his attention back to his own avatar. Finley looked down as khonshu began talking to Marc again. It was almost like watching a very sad but interesting personal drama tho she tried not to listen in too much. Their goal was set this night- to go to Egypt and stop Harrow from freeing ammit. And Finley would come with them , with nothing to loose she could definitely help saving the world together with khonshu and his very interesting avatar.