CHAPTER 2: "I AM JEALOUS"

It was about half an hour when the couple caught by a heavy traffic alongside the inclined highway. Beside them is the bioluminescent sea glittering like diamonds because of splashing of waves on the seashore. The dark blue sea  glows from the very moment. The warm afternoon is moderated by the sea breeze which felt by the  lovely couple. As Emma opened the window glass, the cold sea breeze blew her fragrant golden hair smoothly.
"Hey dear, I really love the cold breeze. I can feel the calmness and tranquility away from work", said Emma.
"That's good to hear love...", replied David.
"Ugh.. it's almost 5:00 pm but we are stuck in a traffic. Can I replace this song in a more romantic one love?", added David.
"Sure love, I know you're just getting hungry now", said Emma.
"And aside from that, I am very excited to have a dinner date with you.", replied David.
David kissed Emma on the forehead while Emma's cheerful face got blushed. Her heart was beating fast while she felt there were flutter of butterflies in her stomach. The couple were more in love with each other.
As they continuously headed their way to the restaurant which was owned by David, his stomach suddenly rumbles because of hunger.
"What's that sound?", asked Emma.
"Love, I am now starving..", replied David.
Both of the couple laugh each other.
It's exactly 6 pm in the evening as they reached their destination. The restaurant named as 'D&D's Fine Dining Resto Bar'. It was one of the well-known restaurants in the city.
"Love, I will get out of the car first.", said David.
"Why? Let's just go together", replied Emma.
But David got out of his car first and immediately went to the other side of the front door to open it for Emma.
"That's why I want to get out first to open the front door for you.. hehe", said David.
"Oh, you're so annoying but at the same time sweet my love..", replied Emma.
David looked at Emma and smiled.
"Thanks!", said Emma thankfully.
"Ok, let's go together. Put your right hand on my arm, so that they can all see how sweet our relationship is.", added David.
"Stop acting like that love,", replied Emma.
"I just want them to see how very proud I am to have you as my soon to be bride, love.", replied David.
"I love you David..", replied Emma.
"I love you too Emma..". replied David.
The sweet couple walked towards the resto's main entrance as they were greeted by the hostess.
"Welcome Mr. David and Ms. Emma!", welcomed the hostess and other hosts.
"Hello, thank you!", replied the couple wholeheartedly.
"Alright, we are now in the front desk", whispered David to Emma.
 Excuse me miss, I did a reservation for tonight's dinner date with my beautiful fiancee. Can you take us to the table please?", asked David.
"Hello Mr. David and Ms. Emma, good evening. Welcome to the resto. Please wait for awhile, our hostess will be with you in a moment, thank you.", said the receptionist.
"Hello, good evening as well, alright we can wait.", replied Emma.
After 5 minutes, the hostess accompanied the couple to their reserved dining table.
"Here it is, Ma'am and Sir, have a great dinner", said the hostess.
"Thank you.", replied David.
"Thank you for accompanying us.", replied Emma.
Meanwhile, David pulled the chair for Emma.
"Thank you love.", said Emma.
"You're welcome, as always..', replied David.
As both of them seated together on a dining table, Emma noticed there's no other people inside the reserved room except the host.
"Mmm.. I didn't expect this David", said Emma.
"We can just go and have a dinner at home.", she added.
"You know what love, it is because I want to cherish our dinner date together", said David.
In a spur of moment, a musician who was about in 40's walked towards them and stood still near the couple and started playing a love song through a violin.
"Hello Mr. David and Ms. Emma, good evening. Can I play a song for a very lovely couple tonight?", the musician said.
"Oh, wow! Sure Mr.. What's your name by the way?", asked David.
"I am Wilbert Sir David. Just call me directly by my name. Good evening once again.", added the musician.
"Ok, Wilbert thank you for coming. We'd love to listen while you are playing a song", said David.
"My pleasure Sir.", replied the musician. Wilbert started placing the violin through his collarbone while holding it onto his left hand. He then started playing a sweet and melodious song which the sweet couple might love. As the song plays, a waiter came to them and handed them the menu.
David started to ask Emma’s favorite meal.
“So, what do you want to eat love?”, asked David.
“I want the Beef Steak and Garlic Butter Shrimp love.”, replied Emma.
“Please add pizza with mozzarella cheese”, added David.
“And the menu which my fiancée just ordered, I want it as well.”, added David.
“How about drinks Sir?”, asked the waiter.
“What’s yours love?”, asked David.
“Mmm.. I want the liquid lemon tea.”, replied Emma.
“Ok, I would also like to take that drink”, added David.
“Alright Ma’am and Sir, I will repeat your order, 2 orders for beef steak, 1 bowl for Garlic Butter Shrimp, 2 slices of pizza with Mozarella cheese and 2 glasses of liquid lemon tea.”, explained the waiter.
“Yes, that’s right.”, explained David.
“Thank you!”, replied Emma cheerfully.
Then, the sweet couple started their conversation.
 “So love, how’s your day today? I am very sorry that I made you wait for 2 hours.” Asked David.
“As I have said earlier love, it’s just alright. Okay? No worries.”, replied Emma.
“Ok, so while waiting, I have a question, how did you fall in love with me?”, asked David.
“Oh, should I answer that David? What a question haha.”, replied Emma.
“Well, yeah that’s a true question. I am just wondering because from all of the men courting you, why did you still choose me instead.”, added Emma.
“Well… I feel safe whenever I’m with you. You cared for me and I can also feel that you love me too, so I have no doubt to choose you David.”, replied Emma.
David smiled and blushed.
“Oh my gosh! You’re blushing David!”, said Emma.
“Really?”, replied David.
“Yeah.”, said Emma.
“Because you’re too sweet my girl.”, replied David.
“And how ‘bout you? From all the women you’re courting, why did you choose me? I guess I did not seduce you dear.”, asked Emma.
“Well, I can feel that you’re the right one for me and I am so much thankful because I found you.”, replied David.
The two giggled each other. After 30 minutes of waiting, the waiter came and provided them the delicious meal.
“Have a great and sweet dinner both!”, said the waiter.
“Thank you!”, replied the couple.
“Mmm. I missed eating this. I’m always on a diet these past months love.”, said Emma.
“You know what love, you don’t need to keep on a diet. If you love to eat that much, there’s no need to deprive yourself of the food you like especially if you’re hungry or just want something to eat. But always make healthy choices.”, replied David.
“Thank you for the advice love, as always.”, said Emma.
The couple is happily eating their meal at the dining table. They are very happy that night while the musician is continuously playing the violin.
“This is so wonderful!”, said Emma.
“I planned this to spend the dinner with you love.”, replied David.
“Thank you for always making me happy and comfortable with you David.”, replied Emma.
“Thank you also for showing your love for me Emma. I deserved you. I love you dear”, added David.
“I love you too David.”, replied Emma.
As they were about to finish their meal, Emma started to notice David’s nervousness.
“Hey love, why are you feel like restless? Is everything okay?”, asked Emma.
“Huh? Yah. I’m fine”, replied David nervously.
“Emma, my love?..”, asked David.
“Yes David.”, said Emma.
“How are you feeling right now?”, asked David.
“I felt loved and cared for. I’m very happy David it’s because you gave me that wonderful feeling that I never felt before.”, explained Emma.
“It’s been 5 years already Emma but I think our love went deeply every single day.”, said David.
“Uh-yeah?.. Why are you saying that. Don’t you want me anymore?”, replied Emma.
“No, you misunderstood. I mean, our relationship must be on the next level.”, replied David.
“What are you taking about?”, replied Emma.
“Mmm..”, David acting nervously.
“You know what David you make me feel nervous right now.”, said Emma.
“Oh love, don’t.”, replied David as he giggles.
“What? Why are you laughing? Stop making fun, so are you really gonna breaking up with me uh?”, asked Emma.
“No, look. As I’ve said, I want our relationship to be stronger. So I think it’s time for me to honestly say this to you.”, replied David.
“Do you love me?”, asked David.
“Of course! What that question for?”, replied Emma as she laughed.
“Do you want to spend your life with me?”, asked David.
“Yes!”, replied Emma.
“Do you want me to be your husband for the rest of your life? Because I want to spend my whole life with you.”, added David.
“Yes David,”, replied Emma.
“Can you stand up and come along with me dear?”, asked David.
“Why love?”, replied Emma.
“You’ll know after a minute”, replied David.
Emma was feeling nervous and her heart starts beating so fast that she wants to go out of the restaurant and go home.
“David, where are we going?”, asked Emma.
But David and all the people in the resto kept a moment of silence. The couple stood in front of the dining area where they noticed by a lot of people. Emma noticed that all lights are turned in front of them.
“What’s this all about David? Are you planning something that I don’t even know?”, asked Emma.
“Just relax dear..”, replied David.
Everyone’s cheering already for the couple. David stood in front of everyone with his fiancée as he started to get the wireless mic.
“Ladies and gentlemen! Good evening. Thank you for coming. Are you enjoying your dinner? Well, I really love tonight’s precious moment with my fiancée who will soon to be my wife. The crowd applaud and cheered to the sweet couple.
“Weet-weew!!”, shouted the crowd.
Everyone, let me introduce you my fiancée Emma Williams.
“Hey, what are you doing? So you know and planned for this.”, asked Emma.
“Emma dear, just smile and feel relax. You will know…”, replied David.
Emma is very nervous and she kept on smiling in front of the people. As David pulled something inside his pocket, the love song starts playing and everyone is excited about it. David gently pulled Emma’s right hand and kneeled in front of her. Emma was so shocked and can’t even say a word. She can’t even barely move because of what she sees.
“Emma, my dear, I love you nth times. You know that. I want to spend my entire life with you. If you will allow me this time, please let me love you forever”, explained David with teary eyes.
“Will you marry me?”, said David.
Emma stood in front of David and undoubtedly said:
“Yes yes!”, replied Emma.
David then put the ring on Emma’s finger and they both kissed.
“I love you.”, said David.
“I love you even more David.”, replied Emma.
The people in the venue congratulate the couple and applaud.
All David’s friends, families and colleagues went in the restaurant to witness David’s proposal. Marga, David’s secretary also went there.
“How lucky of you Emma. How I wish David was mine.”, whispered Marga.
“Marga, thank you for coming.”, said David.
“Hello Sir David and Ma’am Emma, good evening, I want to congratulate both of you. Good luck for the soon to be bride and loyal husband.”, said Marga.
“Thank you. So you are Marga, you are indeed beautiful. My fiancée was telling me stories about you, wherein you wanted to meet me?”, said Emma.
“Oh, well, yeah, David’s right.”, replied Marga.
“I wanted to meet you personally.”, added Marga.
“Well, nice to meet you Marga, until next time and thank you dear.”, said Emma.
“So, what’s the plan? When will you both married?”, asked Marga.
“We’ll let you know Marga as soon as possible.”, replied David.
“Don’t worry, we will invite you Marga, I’m excited to talk with you soonest and know more about you.”, added Emma.
“Oh, same.”, replied Marga.
“Bye for now Marga, thank you.”, added David.
“Bye, dear.”, added Emma.
Their close friends also congratulated them until they decided to go back and drive safely at home.
They went to the car and started their conversation.
“Love, tonight’s the best night. I didn’t expect our relationship would come this far.”, said Marga.
David smiled and said:
“I already planned this 1 year ago but I’m afraid maybe you’ll reject my proposal. Because I thought you aren’t ready that time. That’s why I waited for another year until I got to this point.”, replied David.
Marga kissed David on the lips.
“I love you David.”, said Emma.
“I love you more and more and more.. So, I will drive you safely to your home because you already have a work tomorrow.”, said David.
“Alright love.”, replied Emma.
David brought Emma home and gave her a bouquet of flowers.
“Wow, beautiful flowers indeed. I really appreciate your efforts my love.”, said Emma.
David opened the side door of his car for Emma and he accompanied her to the front door of her house.
“So, is anybody home?”, asked David.
“Love, I am only in the house. My parents were gone already and I am the only daughter. Did you forget it already? Isn’t my life boring love?”, replied Emma.
“Oh, sorry about that love, no I didn’t forget that. It’s just I asked you since no one’s home maybe I could cuddle you inside?”, replied David.
“Oh, stop it David.”, replied Emma.
“Well, that’s true love. Let me accompany you inside your room.”, replied David.
“No, just stay here or leave now.”, said Emma.
“But why? Will you not miss me?”, replied David.
Emma blushed and kissed David.
“You know what? You’re so funny. Get in the car now David. I’ll lock the door now. I’ll just chat and call you later.”, replied Emma.
“I want to sleep right next to you.”, replied David.
“Not for now David, please.”, replied Emma.
“Alright, your wish is my command my queen.”, replied David.
Emma laughs. The couple hugged each other and David in a moment bid his goodbye to his fiancée.
“Bye. Take care. I’ll pick you up tomorrow.”, said David.
“No. It’s alright. You have many things to do at the office by tomorrow. I can take care myself. The important thing is that we better keep our communication open. I believe relationships will last because of better communication love.”, replied Emma.
“Are you okay?”, replied David.
“Yeah,.. It’s already 9 pm. You should take your rest now.”, replied Emma.
“I will miss you if I get home. Can I sleep with you just this tonight?”, replied David.
“Love… How many times I told you that not now..”, replied Emma.
“But why? We’re engaged already. Don’t worry, I have my self control.”, replied David.
“Okay fine, I understand. You can sleep at home but not on my bed.”, replied Emma.
“Thank you love for understanding, because right now, I am very sleepy. So where will I sleep?”, asked David.
“Maybe beside my bed, on the floor?”, replied Emma as she laughs quietly.
“Poor David… as you wish my dear..”, replied David. Emma chuckles and looks pity on her fiancé.
I’ll go first to prepare everything love.”, said Emma.
“Alright I’ll help you.”, replied David.
Emma prepares everything for David. His sleeping clothes, the bedroom, his midnight snack in case David wants to eat and she made sure that the house is entirely locked its doors and windows are closed. David helped Emma.
“Here love, these are your sleeping clothes I hope it fits you. And if you want some midnight snack, you can grab milk and biscuits or even cereal pack at the kitchen.”, explained Emma.
“Alright love, thank you for taking care of me. I remembered my Mom through your image.”, replied David.
“As always love. And you can also sleep in my bedroom if you want but on the floor. I already prepared the bedsheet for you there”, replied Emma.
“How generous of you my love. But I really want to sleep beside you.”, replied David.
Emma remained silent and went upstairs.
“Love,.. what happened to her?”, whispered David.
As David enters the bedroom, Emma went to the comfort room to change her clothes and then, she sits in front of her mirror desk to remove her mild make up and toned her face. David observed how Emma was so glamorous and beautiful that night. She went close to Emma and thinking of hugging her.
“Love?...”, asked David.
“Are you mad?”, he added.
“Huh? Of course not. Why are you asking love?”, replied Emma.
“Because I noticed that you were silent the whole time.”, replied David.
“Is it because you are afraid if I sleep beside you? I know you’re very conservative my love, I know you’re afraid if I can’t control myself you will become pregnant and I respect you with that ”, he added.
“Huh? No. I already kissed you that means I am excited to be with you. And at the same time, you’re right because we’re not yet married David. But thank you for always understanding me love.”, replied Emma.
David hugged Emma so tightly and he kissed her on the cheeks.
“You know what, whatever your decision, I always respect you for that.”, David added.
The couple chuckled and laughed each other.
“But I won’t deprive you my space love, you can still sleep beside me. Because I don’t want us to be in hatred or misunderstanding with each other. I’m sorry about that earlier.”, said Emma.
“No. It’s alright dear. I understand.”, replied David.
Emma sleeps on her bed while David is sleeping on the bedsheet placed on the floor beside Emma’s bed.
Emma can’t sleep. She felt like he offended David. She was worried about how David felt. Due to her doubt, she called David.
“Love? Are you sleeping already?”, asked Emma.
But David did not answer. She got out of her bed and came closer to David. She kissed and hugged him.
“I’m sorry..”, added Emma.
Suddenly, David woke up and kissed Emma on her lips. He lifted Emma and they both landed on the bed.
“Oh, David please stop. It tickles me. Stop this now.”, pleaded Emma.
But David did not get up from bed. Instead, he started kissing Emma on the lips gently.
“Davi-d.. please..”, said Emma.
David then slowly get up from bed while Emma still barely moved.
“I’m sorry love, I am just excited to be with you. I love you..”, replied David.
“I love you.”, replied Emma.
“Can we sleep now?”, she added.
“Yeah, I will sleep right beside you.”, replied David.
David then embraced and hugged Emma tightly. Emma turned off the lamp shade until they fall asleep.
A bright Tuesday morning came. Emma was still asleep. David woke up first. He then fixed his blanket and pillow. After, he then went downstairs to take a bath and decided to prepare breakfast for Emma.
“What would I cook? Oh, I think Emma loves pancakes and milk. She must be healthy.”, whispered David.
David prepared breakfast and placed the baked pancakes and milk on the dining table.
“It’s 6:00 am in the morning. I must eat first because I have to go to the office. I have many things to do today. My fiancée is still asleep. I think she’s very tired.”, whispered David.
After David ate his breakfast, he went in the bedroom where Emma is sleeping. He then changed his clothes. He noticed that the flowers inside the flower vase where Emma placed it near the lamp shade were already withered. So he picked new beautiful Dahlia flowers from Emma’s garden and changed the withered flowers into new ones. Then, he leaved a note for Emma and placed it on the top of the bloomed flowers.
“Dear Emma, good morning, I prepared you good breakfast. Hope you like it. Sorry for not waking you up, For the meantime, I have to go now love, I will be late for work. I’ll chat you later. Bye for now. Thank you for understanding.”, he noted.
He then kissed Emma on the forehead. As David was about to leave, Emma suddenly woke up and saw David leaving.
“Love…?”, said Emma.
“Oh, love, did I wake you up?”, replied David.
David then came close to Emma and said:
“Love, dear, did I wake you up? I’m sorry.”, added David.
“No, I just felt your kiss. Sorry for not preparing your meal this morning and thank you because you’re the one doing it. I am just so tired and can’t move my body. It’s already 6:30 a.m. love… I guess it’s time for you to leave now.. I’ll chat you later.”, replied Emma.
“It’s alright.. Let me bid you goodbye for now.”, replied David.
Again, David kissed Emma and bid his farewell.
“Love you!”, shouted Emma.
“Love you too my sweetie pie!”, replied David.
David went to the garage to use his car heading at the City Hall’s office. As a Mayor in town, he must see to it that he is very neat and clean, as well as not forgetting all of his duties and responsibilities. He called his secretary Marga.
“Hello, Marga? Good morning, I’m on my way. Please ensure the list of my duties today”, called David.
“Good morning Mr. David. This is noted. Actually I already done… hello? Mayor?..”, replied Marga.
But as soon Marga was about to explain her side, David then put down his phone immediately and continuously went on driving.
“Urggh, I’m not yet done explaining. Should not he listen?”, murmured Marga.
David arrived at the City Hall at 8:00 am. He then immediately went to the conference room to see his committee and guests.
“Oh there you are. Good morning Mr. David!”, greeted Marga.
“Good morning Marga.”, replied David.
“David, for update, you have a meeting de avance with the Project Team and the Civil Engineers today for the budget as well as your ongoing plans for the reconstruction of the highway road at 8:30 in the morning. After that, you and the team will proceed to visit the New York Bridge High Way Authority to witness and observe the location site at 10:00 am – 12:00 nn. The team will have their fine dine in at your restaurant of course because it’s just quite near from the site. While in the afternoon, you and the team will proceed to the orphanage to have a program for all the Global Family Charities. The team then will distribute the relief goods and clothes for the children until 3 pm. That’s it for now Mayor.”, explained Marga.
“Oh, great! Today is a very busy day. Thank you for that Marga.”, replied David.
“You’re welcome!”, replied Marga.
As David enters the conference room, Marga is silently blushing and followed David. For over the years, Marga was so inlove with David until she heard that the City Mayor was already have a girlfriend, that time she was also heartbroken by her boyfriend named John who was also having an affair with another woman named Sandra. 
She can’t forget the evil act that John did to her while betraying her. She felt like she carried the world with regrets and disappointments in her life. Until now, she still had a big crush on David but she just kept it a secret by herself. She liked David’s intelligence, perfectionism and aura.
“Oh, I love everything about him. How I wish he could be mine someday. But there’s this woman named Emma, the “show-off girl.” What should I do? They’re almost getting married. I wonder if David has this little liking of me. Anyway, I’ll just focus on my duty as her secretary and should impress him all the time until I he will fall in love with me. Good bye Emma. Hahaha..”, giggled Marga.
David with the committee team started the meeting.
“Okay, hello and good morning Kevin, our City Councilor, our Project Team and to our dear Civil Engineers, welcome to the meeting. I have also with me my Secretary Marga so if ever you all have clarifications or questions or even suggestions or improvements for the plan, kindly contact Marga. She will set appointments. I’m glad you all came. How are you Mr. Kevin and team?”, greeted David.
“Well, we’re all okay. I think all are set David. So let’s now begin the meeting de avance.”, replied Kevin, the City Councilor.
“By the way, how are you and your fiancée now. When are you getting married? We’re all excited for the both of you David.”, added Kevin.
“Oh, we’re already planning with that. We’re also excited about it too. I hope you guys will be there on our wedding soon”, replied David cheerfully.
Marga heard their conversation and she was very disappointed.
“Okay, please proceed now. It’s already 08:40 am.”, said Marga.
“So, we are planning to reconstruct the railroad near the highway Mr. Kevin and project team. The budget should be discussed now and the team should have now the final total cost of expenses to be presented today”, said David.
“Actually, we already targeted the total amount Mayor. We just compared the cost from the previous year and since this is a very big reconstruction, as you can see in the pictures presented, we need $58 billion dollars. The project would take for about 3 years.”, replied Anna, the Project Head.
“Well, three years is way too long for that. What’s the reason behind? It costs too much as well as it can undergo three years long.”, replied David.
“Mr. Mayor if you don’t mind, our project is very big. Since the roads are getting old, we need to change
it with new ones for a better construction. The materials, labor, PPEs, overhead costs and other expenses are very important to continuously do the project.”, explained Diana one of the Civil Engineers.
“Yes, I guess so.”, replied David.
The committee team discussed other important matters in the center of the meeting de avance.
“So, I am assuming that we can already hire laborers for this.”, added David.
“Wait, how about the citizens living under the bridge or what we call as squatters Mayor?”, said Kevin, the Councilor.
“We need to find location for them Mayor.”, added the Councilor.
“Well, of course, We cannot leave them behind.”, replied David.
“I think we can start the initial reconstruction by next year Mayor.”, said one of the treasurers.
“We will ensure the materials and labor first.”, replied one of the project leaders.
The team continuously discussed and shared their insights about the big project. Until..
“Oh, it’s already 10:00 am in the morning.”, said Marga.
“We need to proceed to the location site now. We should spend 2 hours there to witness the actual area.”, she added.
“Alright, let’s go.”, added David.
While David and the team headed their way to the construction site, there’s this his fiancée who actually called him.
“Hello love?”, asked Marga.
“You’re so sweet. Thank you for preparing the meal for me. I really loved those banana pancakes. It’s very delicious.”, she added.
“Hello love? Good morning.. Oh yeah, that’s for you. I’m glad you liked it. You should eat healthy foods.”, replied David.
“Where are you now?”, asked Marga.
“Well, me and the team headed our way to the National Highway to oversee the actual situation in the site. This is in line with our project for the reconstruction of the rail road highways as well as the bridge that is getting old already.”, he added.
“Oh, good luck to your team love. I hope you can settle down the project successfully soon.”, replied Emma.
“Ok love, thank you for the support. Bye for now. I love you.”, replied David.
“I love you.”, replied Emma.
“Hey, wait. Are you gonna work today?”, asked David.
“Yeah, actually I am now at the office, filing my latest reports.”, replied Emma.
“That’s great. Ok, take good care of yourself and don’t forget whatever stress you are in today, don’t skip meals.”, added David.
“Thanks love. Take care as well. Bye..”, replied Emma.
“Bye love..”, replied David.
Marga heard the couple’s conversation. Marga pretend to sleep while slowly laying off the right shoulder of David.
“Hayyssst.. I’m very sleepy..”, whispered Marga.
“Hey, get off with my shoulder Marga.”, said David.
David suddenly moved sideways. Both David and Marga seated at the front seat since two persons will be catered in front of the van.
“Next time, don’t sit beside me especially if there will be events like this. You should sit at the back.”, said David.
“You’re so obvious. Actually, you don’t need to worry Mr. Mayor, Mr. David, I am not interested with you. I don’t like you. Okay?”, replied Marga.
“I don’t care. Aside from that, I am now getting married. So if you don’t mind, stop seducing me.”, added David.
“Oh wow, seducing and attracting is totally different. I am not attracting you David. It’s up to you if you will be attracted to me.”, replied Marga jokingly.
David did not mind Marga’s words since it will be very impossible for him to betray Emma since he is very loyal to his fiancée.
“I love Emma.”, added David.
“Okay, fine, as you say so Mayor.”, replied Marga.
“We’re getting married. Hope you will come.”, added David.
“Whatever, of course.”, replied Marga.
As the two keep murmuring with each other, Kevin the City Councilor reminded the team to slowly get down from the van since they were already at the site.
“Alright everyone, we’re here.”, said Kevin.
“Is this it? The place is disgusting full of garbages.”, said one of the leaders.
“I think it is a dumpsite.”, replied one of the Civil Engineers.
“Okay, let’s look around.”, said David.
As everyone is busy observing the actual site, Kevin the City Councilor came close to David.
“Mr. Mayor, I just noticed these past few days..”, said Kevin.
“Hey, Mr. Councilor, what’s that?”, replied David.
“I think you’re secretary is having so much interest about you. I have no doubt since all of the girls out there will be attracted to you by the way. But this girl of yours is totally different.”, added Kevin.
“What? She’s my Secretary and as you know, I am not the one who took her to be my Secretary. She’s already there before I came.”, replied David.
"Yeah, I know. But maybe you'll change your mind.", replied Kevin.
Hey, if ever you don't have anything good to say, it's better if you focus more on your responsibility as the City Councilor rather than ruining my life. No matter what you say, Emma will still be mine. She will always be mine and no one will gonna take her place. Understood?", replied David.
"Alright, alright.. Fine, I am just kidding. We all know you really love Emma. You know what, you can't be joked David.", replied Kevin.
David did not mind Kevin, rather he focused his duty as a Mayor in the City.
"So, as we have observed the citizens here must be evacuated as soon as possible. There's no doubt they can be sick because of bad condition of the environment.", added David.
"Well, you're right Mr. Mayor. We can't easily reconstruct the site if the citizens are still here.", explained the Project Lead.
"Hey team, it's almost 12 nn.", added Marga.
"Well, since this is the scenario, we must do something as soon as possible.", replied one of the Civil Engineers.
"Right.", added Kevin
"Okay, since it's already 12 nn, I think that's it for now. At least we have seen our citizens here and their situation. I can't let them just live in here. They should be properly evacuated.", added David.
"Alright. We should set an appointment for that.", said Marga.
"I think we should go now.", added Kevin.
"Let's go to the restaurant to have our lunch", said David.
The team headed to David's restaurant.
"Hello Mr. David and guests. Welcome to 'D&D's Fine Dining Resto Bar'! ", greeted the hostess.
"Hi, good noon. Please provide seats for us. Thank you.", replied David.
"This way Mr. David.", replied the hostess.
As soon David’s colleagues and team were seated on the dining table, his team were really amazed about David’s restaurant and achievements.
“Wow! You’re restaurant is very nice Mr. David. It’s also very neat and clean. It is simple but super classy and elegant.”, replied Diana, a Civil Engineer.
“Well, thank you for that Diana. Actually, this is the business of my parents. Since they were already gone, I just can’t leave this to be just like that, but I decided to flourish the business of course with the support of my fiancée, Emma. I can’t do this without Emma’s side”, replied David.
The hostess came and gave the menu list to David.
“Hello Mr. David, here’s the menu, please choose. Thank you.”, said the hostess.
“Well, what do you want team?”, replied David.
“Our order will just same as yours Mr. Mayor.”, replied Kevin, the City Councilor.
“Sure?”, replied David.
“Yes Mr. David.”, said the whole team.
“Alright. So our order will be Chicken Quesadilla, Sweetened Buttered Shrimp, Fried Rice Bowl, Grilled Vegetables, Spicy Salad and Ice Tea Pitcher.”, said David.
“Oh, that’s too many Mr. Mayor.”, replied one of the team.
“It’s okay, I also want you to taste one of our delicious meals here.”, replied David.
“Thank you Mr. David.”, added Diana thankfully.
“You’re welcome.”, replied David.
After 30 minutes, the hostess went back to provide them the foods ordered.
“Here’s your order Mr. David. Thank you and have a nice meal.”, said the hostess.
“Thank you.”, replied David.
“So, back to the platform, we should first hire construction workers for the site. Maybe we’ll post about it soon.”, explained Marga.
“Yes of course.”, replied David.
“Actually, the food is so delicious! Awesome! It can totally relieve stress.”, replied one of the Civil Engineers.
All the team were laughing until Kevin, the City Councilor asked David about his wedding plan with Emma.
“So, what’s the plan?”, asked Kevin.
“Well, after this, Mr. David will visit the orphanage by 1 pm at the ‘Global Family Charities’. We will distribute some relief goods and clothes to the poor children who lost their parents when they were just so little.”, replied Margaret.
“Well, that’s nice. But I am actually asking about David’s wedding plan with her fiancée Emma.”, replied Kevin.
“So I bet you know that as well Margaret?”, he added.
“Hey, actually our wedding plan doesn’t still have a scheduled date yet but we will update you all if we have already committed a schedule. Emma was also very busy back then but we should also spend time for it after I surprised her with my proposal. She was very surprised last day.”, replied David.
Margaret didn’t even say a word. All she did was looking at her cellphone and almost finished her spicy salad.
“How ‘bout you Marga? When will you get married? I think you have one.”, asked Kevin.
“Oh, why are you asking? I don’t have time for that.”, she replied.
“But why?”, asked Kevin.
“Okay, that’s enough.”, replied David.
“Excuse me for a while.”, said Margaret.
Margaret went to the comfort room, washed her hands while looking herself on the mirror.
“Am I ugly?”, she asked herself.
A woman heard her and answered:
“Excuse me Miss, for me, you’re so pretty.”, said the woman.
“Oh, I’m sorry about that. And thank you for your compliment. I appreciate it.”, replied Margaret.
While Emma is still washing his hands, she felt pity for herself and started crying. She went to the cubicle room to cry silently about what Kevin said to her awhile ago.
“Actually, it did really hurt me. David and Emma will be married soon but I still haven’t done anything to win David’s heart. I know myself that David has already an instinct that I liked him but why doesn’t he make the first move? After all I knew David’s feelings for Emma is not that too deep. He just loved her because of her familiarity towards the press.”, murmured Marga.
Margaret went to the dining area but as she came through, the team were gone.
“Oh gosh, where are they? Are they leaving already?”, murmured Marga.
On the other side, Emma Williams, one of the famous journalists and reporter in New York City was very hardworking and even though she was tired, she always made her team laugh and smile.
“You know what Emma, we have no doubt why David really fall for you. Because you’re too smart, intelligent, beautiful, rich and famous. We love everything about you dear.”, replied one of her co-workers.
“Wow, that’s a very great compliment uh. Because of that I will take you to dinner later.”, replied Emma.
“No. it’s true.”, replied one of her colleagues.
“Thank you for that Christine, you’re smart and beautiful too.”, replied Emma.
“But for us you’re different. We bet David can’t replace you anymore. He has everything he wants and so are you.”, replied Christine.
“Okay, enough guys. We still have many things to do. Keep grinding team.”, replied Emma.
Back to David and team’s situation, on the other hand, the team already went to their personal duties.
“Bye David, tell Margaret we’ll go ahead this time to attend seminar. We would also like to thank you for this great opportunity with the team.”, replied the Project Leader.
“Well, thank you also Ma’am and to the team. Thank you for accompanying us.”, replied David.
“Thank you David and wish of luck to our upcoming big project soonest. I’ll always support you for that. And what I said this morning, please don’t mind it. I am just kidding you around since you’re always in a serious mode.”, added Kevin jokingly.
“Right, I know you’re just making fun of me uh. Bye Kevin thank you everyone for coming. While me and my team will also go to the orphanage. See you around.”, replied David.
“See you soon Mr. Mayor and thank you for today, God bless you and Ma’am Emma.”, replied Diana.
“Thank you dear.”, replied David.
David and the team shook their hands and greeted cheerfully with a bid of goodbye.
“Hey!”, shouted Margaret.
“Where are they? They just don’t even think about me you’re number one secretary?”, said Margaret mockingly.
“Oh, Marga, actually we waited for you but you didn’t even come quicker than you think. But anyway, they send their wholesome regards to you.”, replied David.
“Whatever. By the way, should we proceed now to the orphanage?”, asked Margaret.
“Of course, I’m excited to meet the committee as well as the children there. Let’s go.”, replied David.
The two headed to the orphanage after an hour.
“Oh there you are, hello Mother Ana. How are you and the kids here? Are you all safe after the typhoon?”, greeted David.
Ana was a nun for over 15 years already at the orphanage. She is already 60 years old. She is the one who will take care the abandoned children. She can’t leave the children alone so she decided to stay at the orphanage and care for them. She doesn’t have any family. No daughters, sons or relatives. She was also being taken cared of by a nun in the orphanage but eventually died because of a disease. Everytime David was spending his time to visit the home, Mother Ana was very happy.
“Oh, Mr. Mayor we are very glad you came. Our home is quiet destroyed because of the typhoon but not totally the whole orphanage. It’s just the rooftop and the ceilings with holes on it.”, replied Mother Ana.
“Really? How can the kids sleep at night if rain will pour down?”, replied David.
“We just covered it with plastics.”, replied Mother Ana.
“Really?”, replied Margaret.
“Well, you don’t need to worry about that Mother Ana. We’ll find ways to restore back the orphanage. I missed this place. You know what Marga, I am here for 20 years since my parents both died because of a car accident. And Mother Ana took care of me. I couldn’t forget that time when I am quietly crying inside the cabinet but Mother Ana searched for me the whole day and she found me inside the cabinet sleeping. I haven’t eating the whole day but because of Mother Ana, I could say that she will become a wonderful mother if she has daughters and sons, but she couldn’t have since she was already getting old.”, replied David.
“But why is that Mother Ana you did not marry? Don’t you have a boyfriend that time when you’re in 20’s?”, asked Margaret.
“Actually, I have but I guess my heart is for our Lord wherein I will serve the mass and decided to become a nun during my teenage years until my boyfriend did not appear for how many days, weeks, months or even a year. He did not get back to me that time. I think he’s okay if we will be separated. I don’t know where he is now.”, replied Mother Ana.
“That was so heartbreaking..”, replied Margaret.
Mother Ana was in a moment of silence and teary-eyed. David gave her a big hug.
“Don’t worry Mother, I will always be here for you. Just treat me like your son. I will be happy for that.”, replied David.
Margaret was more in love with David because of his compassion towards the old woman.
“So, why are you here darling? I am surprised by the way.”, asked Mother Ana.
“Actually, we’re here to give some donations for the orphanage. After the typhoon, you and the orphanage is what I am concerned about until this time Mother Ana.”, replied David.
Margaret was so touched by David’s words.
“Emma is very lucky to have you.”, whispered Marga.
“Wow, thank you very much Mr. Mayor.”, replied the old woman.
“Oh. Don’t call me Mayor mother, just call me David. Just imagine I am your son.”, replied David.
“Okay son, David. I really appreciate your kindness. By the way, won’t you introduce me to your friend? Who’s she? Your partner? Fiancee? The love of your life?”, asked the old woman.
“Oh.”, said Margaret with a blushed on her face.
“Yes.”, replied David.
“Really? Why didn’t you tell me? When are you two will get married uh?”, asked the old woman.
“Yeah, she’s my partner. My partner at work.”, replied David.
The old woman laughs so hard that she was about to pinch David.
“Is everything funny?”, asked Margaret.
“Oh, I’m sorry my beautiful dear. I’m just wondering because everytime he will visit here, he doesn’t bring any woman to introduce her to me. I thought you’re her fiancée. I’m sorry for that.”, replied the old woman.
“She’s my Secretary at the City Hall’s Office, mother.”, replied David.
“Oh wow! I hope you will be together.”, replied the old woman.
“Actually, I have already found my girlfriend or my fiancée mother. We’re just already engaged yesterday.”, replied David.
“Oh, really? Congratulations! I am so happy for you son!”, said the old woman as she shouted with joy.
“Thank you Mother Ana.”, replied David gracefully.
Margaret was so devastated that she couldn’t even say a word. She remained quiet the whole time. She’s jealous of Emma. Really, really envy her.
“I really envy Emma. Everything is really good about her.”, murmured Margaret.
“Hey Marga, come here quick. Let’s give this relief donations to them.”, shouted David.
Margaret came closer to the stage and helped the team gave the donations.
Mother Ana also helped them and went back to the children to teach them by thanking Mr. David.
“Ok children after you got your received blessings, kindly give your gratitude and warm thanks to our City Mayor, Mr. David. He had done enough for the orphanage.”, she added.
After the children received their donations, all of them came closer to David and they were thankful to him. They even gave their warm hugs for him.
“Thank you very much Mr. David. We can now eat delicious meals and we can also now change our clothes to new and beautiful ones.”, added the child.
“Thank you very much Sir David. God bless you, your work and your family.”, replied the other child.
“Oh, God bless you dear. Thank you also.”, replied David and gave a hug to the children.
David went to Mother Ana to gave her the amount to restore the orphanage.
“Mother, please receive this, it’s just a small amount but it can help your family restore the house.”, said David.
“Oh, son, no I can’t accept this. Your help is way too much. Just keep it and use it for your future improvements in the city.”, replied the old woman.
“But I really want to help for the orphanage. The orphanage is also one of my future improvements.”, replied David.
“Okay, mmm.. I’ll accept this one. I am really shy but if it’s God’s will, then I’ll accept this. Thank you very much David. God bless you always.”, replied the old woman.
“I think, we need to go now Mr. Mayor. It’s already 4 pm. And  I think the clouds are getting darker. Maybe it will rain.”, added Marga.
“Okay son and Ma’am Marga. Thank you very much for your help and support. See you till next time.”, replied the old woman.
David kissed Mother Ana’s hand and bid goodbye to her and to the children in the orphanage.
“I’ll see you next time, my family.. Take care!”, shouted David.
“Hey, Marga. What’s up to you? Why are you acting like weird earlier? You didn’t say your farewell to Mother Ana and to the orphans.”, said David.
“I’m tired.”, replied Marga.
“Tired? Did I hear it correctly?”, asked David.
“Why are you tired? You can’t even give suggestions or improvements.”, added David.
“I’m sick of the people around you.”, replied Marga.
“What? What did you mean?”, replied David.
“I’m sick of hearing names..”, she added.
“Like what? Just make it straight to the point because I don’t have time to argue with you right now. For 2 years, we already made friends together. If what comes to your mind right now, just skip it. Just leave it and don’t bother me about it.”, replied David.
“So, you knew then.”, said Marga.
“Knew what?”, replied David.
“Oh gosh, c’mmon David. Stop acting like you don’t know.”, replied Marga.
“So? What do you want?”, replied David.
The driver waited for them to come along to proceed back to the City Hall’s Office.
“Excuse me Mr., can we go back to the City Hall’s Office? I left my bag there.”, asked David.
“Sure, Mr. Mayor.”, replied the Driver.
As soon the van arrived at the City Hall, David immediately get out of the van and went to the office and grab his bag.
“David, wait!”, begged Margaret.
“What? What do you want? Please set aside. I don’t want to hear any word from you.”, replied David.
Margaret looked into David’s eyes and said:
“Is it my fault if..”, replied Margaret.
“What..”, replied David.
“If I have feelings for you?”, replied Margaret.
“Oh, please stop this nonsense Marga. We just met for 2 years Marga, you know that I can’t replace Emma. Yes, anybody can like you, even me. But to tell you honestly, I don’t have any single feeling towards you Marga. Yes, I noticed you these past months but as my secretary, I should have talk to you and discipline you.”, replied David.
“But you just let me.. I am sick of Emma’s name. All of your friends really liked Emma and I envy her”, replied Margaret.
“Marga, I beg you. Please stop acting this way. It can’t help you. I want you to be more focus on your duty as my Secretary. That’s all I want, in that way, I can help you to become a better employee. Bye for now, see you tomorrow.”, replied David.
As soon David stepped out at the main door, Margaret said:
“I am jealous.”, replied Margaret.
David stepped back and moved closer to Margaret.
“I am jealous of you and Emma. I am sorry if I have this feeling. I can’t even look at you because I am now shy but it’s true David, I really like you. What are you gonna supposed to do now? Shout at me? Laugh at me, slap me on the face or fire me? I don’t know David but I really love you. I really do. I’m sorry.”, replied Emma hopelessly.
“I admired you Marga for your strong sense of honesty towards me. Yeah, it’s true and I really admired you for that. Thank you. I hope you understand that me and Emma are now getting married soon. No hate just admiration. I hope we’ll still be friends.”, replied David.
“Okay, I’ll try my best but yeah, you can count on me David. I’ll support you.”, replied Emma.
They both hugged each other and went on separated ways while Marga is crying deeply and quietly.