CHAPTER 3: MARRIAGE VOW

It’s already 6 pm in the evening when the rain starts pouring. Emma was about to go out from her office when someone called from her phone.
“Hello love? It’s me David. Are you okay?”, asked David.
“Love? Yes, I’m alright but the rain starts falling on the ground. But I have my umbrella and I can commute myself safely at home. Don’t worry.”, she replied.
“No, just wait for me there.”, replied David.
After minutes of waiting, someone texted her from an unknown number.
“BE CAREFUL.”
“Oh, what’s this David?”, whispered Emma.
At last, after 30 minutes of waiting, David came. He parked the car beside the mini store.
“David.”, she whispered.
“Hello love, how are you? How’s your day?”, asked David as she gently kissed Emma on the lips.
“I’m okay love. Did you just text me earlier?”, asked Emma.
“No, I like calling you to hear your voice rather than texting you.”, explained David.
“Why are you asking?”, he added.
“Oh, it’s because someone just texted me and noted, “BE CAREFUL. Look at this.”, she explained.
“Oh, maybe it’s just a scam, don’t mind it. As we all know, you are a respected reporter at the same time a journalist. So anyone can scare you with that. Just relax, don’t mind them.”, explained David.
“Yeah, you’re right.”, replied Emma.
“So where are we gonna eat? It’s already 6:45 pm.”, asked David.
“Oh, maybe we just need to order from any of the fastfood here and take out our order. I missed eating dinner at home love.”, she explained.
“Alright dear, so get in now and we have to go to a restaurant to take out some orders. What fastfood do you like?”, asked David.
“I think McDonald’s is okay for me. What do you think love?”, asked Emma.
“Sure, no problem.”, added David.
The couple headed their way to the McDonald’s Drive Thru. In there, they placed their orders.
“Hello, good evening Miss, we would like to take two orders for McCrispy Chicken Fillet with Fries, Small Meal. Thank you.
“Hello Sir, the total amount is $4.61 dollars. Thank you.”, said one of the crews.
“Here, take this.”, said Emma.
“No, just keep it. I’ll be the one to pay.”, replied David.
“Thank you love.”, replied Emma.
“Here’s your order Sir. Enjoy!”, said the crew.
The couple headed their way home after they took their orders. It’s already 8 pm until they arrived at David’s house.
“And yes, we’re here.”, said David.
“Oh, I thought you’ll bring me home.”, replied Emma.
“Yeah, and we’re here.”, replied David.
“No, I thought at my house..”, replied Emma surprisingly.
“I want to take you home. And this is your home, love you.”, replied David.
The sweet couple stepped out from the car and headed their way at the front door.
“I’m hungry now. I’ll go first at the dining area love. I’m really hungry.”, said Emma.
“Okay, let’s go together. I’ll just ensure here to lock the main door. Here, take the food.”, replied David.
“Okies.. come quick, let’s eat together.”, replied Emma.
After David locked the main door, he then immediately went to the kitchen and helped Emma opening the food boxes.
“This is so yummy. No doubt McDonald’s is one of the common yet, very delicious and cheap as well. It can truly make the person full already.”, explained Emma.
The couple ate together and happily started a conversation with each other.
“Oh, heavy rains can make us feel more cold love.”, said Emma.
“Yeah, by the way, how’s your day?”, she added.
“Well, this afternoon, we went to the orphanage where I grew up since I left my parents at the age of 5. In there, I met Mother Ana one of the nuns who supported me until I went to college and graduated. I can’t forget her because she was there whenever I’m down.”, replied David.
“Oh really? That’s great news!”, said Emma happily.
“Who’s with you? Your team?”, she asked.
“Actually after we had our visit to the highway, we had our lunch at the restaurant and after, Marga and me went to the orphanage since the team should attend a seminar.”, replied David.
“Fine. Why didn’t you tell me or even text me? I can find time to accompany you love.”, replied Emma.
“It’s okay dear. Marga is also there. As a Secretary, she must ensure all of my appointments are all set every single day.”, he added.
“Why? Is there something wrong?”, asked David.
“Actually, everything’s fine. I just can feel that there’s something about her.”, replied Emma.
The heavy rain still continuously pouring down and the cold night really made the couple to create a fire in the hearth fire place located at the first floor.
“Just leave it there. It will just slowly disappear.”, replied David as he holds the torch.
“So, tomorrow is Saturday. We should date.”, said David.
But Emma did not say any single word.
“Hey love,”, asked David.
“What’s on your mind right now.”, he added.
“Do you think Marga likes you?”, replied Emma.
“And from all the things that you might think love, is that the question that came up to your mind right now?”, asked David.
“Yes.”, replied Emma.
“You can’t suddenly stop me because that is really what I am thinking right now, David. I’m sorry. Even other women can also do the same right?”, added her.
“Well, of course I can’t do anything because it’s just normal for a fiancée asking about how her loved one is doing at the office. Actually, Emma is pretty and smart. Anyone can like her. But whenever I look at you, it’s another feeling love.”, explained David.
“But are you sure you don’t even try to liking her or a crush thingy?”, asked Emma.
“Of course not she’s not my type and absolutely not my dream girl. My dream girl is beside me watching
the fireplace. I love you..”, said David.
“I love you too David.”, replied Emma.
“When can we set our wedding plan?”, asked David.
“It’s alright if tomorrow love.”, replied Emma.
“Oh, yes, you’re right love. Tomorrow Saturday is our rest day. We should contact the Wedding Coordinator love.”, said David.
“Are you really that excited my love?”, replied Emma.
“Of course, aren’t you?”, replied David.
“I’m super duper excited for it, Can’t wait to be called as Ms. Emma W. Andrews.”, replied Emma proudly.
“Alright, since it’s already 10 p.m, I think we should go to bed now. I want to hug you so tight Emma because it’s very very cold.”, said David.
The couple went upstairs and headed to David’s bedroom.
“Okay, here take these clothes. These are new but I’m sorry because it’s not made for women. Actually it’s my big t-shirt but it’s brand new. I bought this last month but I haven’t used it till now.”, added David.
“It’s alright. I just change my clothes, and so are you too.”, replied David.
After Emma changed his clothes, a text from her phone startled her.
“BE CAREFUL.”
“Oh my gosh, Love!”, shouted Emma.
“What? I am just right here changing my clothes too. Why are you shouting?”, asked David.
“You know what? It’s quite creepy this time. I don’t know but I noticed I continuously received messages like this within this day and it noted “BE CAREFUL.”
“As I have said, you should not mind the scammers Emma. Just chill.”, replied David.
“How can I just relax David? Maybe you have an enemy that tries to ruin our lives and our marriage!”, replied Emma.
“No. Don’t think about that love. I don’t have enemies. I love the city and the people. Trust me, everything will be alright love.”, replied David.
“Just ensure that all of your responsibilities and duties as the City Mayor will keep the city prosperous.”, added Emma.
The couple went in bed and fall asleep as the heavy rains continuously falling on the rooftops.
“I really love the rain. It can be a stress reliever.”, said David.
While he was always whispering and explaining to Emma, he didn’t suddenly notice that her fiancée went fast asleep already. He hugged her tightly turned off the lights until he was fallen asleep.
A bright Saturday morning came while the couple is still sleeping until…
‘Rrringg!! Rrringg!! Rrringg!!’, the clock suddenly alarmed at 6 am in the morning.
“Oh gosh, I forgot to turned it off last night, I’m sorry love.”, said David.
“Good morning love..”, replied Emma.
Emma started to get up from bed and fixed the pillows, blankets and bed sheets. After, she went downstairs to cook breakfast.
“Mmm… Smells good, what’s that you cook love?, asked David.
“This is spicy tuna flakes with cheese love.”, replied Emma.
“Wow. I am excited love.”, replied David.
Emma then prepared the meal with banana fruits. They sat and ate together. After they finished their breakfast, David washed his car while Emma was washing the plates and glasses. She then cleaned the living room, bedroom and every corner of the house. David was also watering the plants at his backyard. It’s already 10 am when both of the couple finished their tasks. David decided to tell Emma about their Wedding Plan.
“So love, what time are we heading to the Wedding gown boutique?”, asked David.
“After bathing love, I’ll go ahead first at the comfort room then after, I will change clothes for our important appointment today.”, replied Emma.
The couple are already prepared to go to the boutique. They headed their way to the “A&A’s Wedding Boutique” after an hour. David parked the car beside the boutique.
“Love, I’ll go ahead.”, replied Emma.
“Okay, I’ll just have to set aside the car.”, replied Emma.
Emma opened the glass door.
“Hello, good morning Miss.”, greeted her.
“Hi Ma’am, is there anything you want to fit? I guess you’re the bride.”, replied the sales lady.
“Your boutique is quite big and wide. I love it.”, replied Emma.
“By the way, I want a white long gown with long sleeves onto it yet simple, classy and elegant.”, replied Emma.
David enters the boutique and supported Emma on what she likes.
“You know what love?  Any type of gown will always suit you. Trust me, you are very beautiful with these gorgeous gowns even without make-up.”, replied David.
“Stop kidding David.”, replied Emma.
“Oh Mr. Mayor, it’s you. Good morning.”, greeted the Sales Lady.
“Oh, so he’s your fiancée I guess, Mr. Mayor?”, she asked.
“Yes, she’s Emma my lovely soon to be bride.”, replied David.
“Wow! Great! Congratulations to the both of you.”, congratulated the Sales Lady.
“Thank you.”, replied Emma while she was still searching for her best gown to be fitted on.
“Actually, I just proposed to her last day. And I am thankful that we’re now engaged.”, he proudly said.
“Uh.. So lovely and sweet.”, replied the Sales Lady.
Emma then found her gown in which she truly loves.
“Hey love, I found the gown I want. I really love this and I think it’s simple but very classy and elegant”, replied Emma.
“May I see?”, replied David.
“Oh, it’s very nice and I love it too.”, he added.
“Ms. Emma, I will accompany you to the fitting room. You can also be with us Mr. David.”, said the Sales Lady.
“No, I just wait here and expecting for a surprise hehe..”, replied David.
While David was waiting, a girl with short golden hair wearing a shirt and a skirt enters the room.
“Marga?”, said David.
“Oh, hi there David. What are you doing here? I guess you’re very excited about your wedding uh.”, replied Marga.
As soon they started their conversation, Emma went out with a very beautiful white long gown with long sleeves. She sparkled because of her patented and glamorous gown.
“Oh my gosh love! You look stunning and gorgeous! Perfecto!”, replied David with a very happy face.
“Well, Ms. Emma was always beautiful and it’s more than that because of the gown. You look very beautiful Ms. Emma.”, replied the Sales Lady.
“Wow, thank you very much!”, replied Emma.
“Marga?”, asked Emma.
“Oh hello there Ms. Emma, yeah they were absolutely right you look stunning because of your gown.”, replied Marga.
“Well, thank you. Why you’re here?”, asked Emma.
“Oh, well I am here because of David.”, replied Marga.
“What?”, asked Emma.
“No, I’m just kidding. Actually this is one of my favorite boutiques I love everything here. Their gowns, bags and shoes.”, replied Marga.
“Yeah, Ms. Marga was right. She will always visit here whenever she has rest day especially on weekends.”, replied the Sales Lady.
“Oh. We’re really same Marga. Because of that, I started liking you. However, I thought you’re here because David’s here oh I mean we’re here.”, Emma said proudly.
“Actually Marga is the Secretary of my soon to be husband.”, she added.
“Oh,…”, replied the Sales Lady.
“So Marga, what do you think? Am I look stunning in this long white gown? Do you think David can’t replace me?”, Emma said sarcastically.
“Oh, showing off.”, whispered Marga.
“What did you just say?”, asked Emma.
“Oh, I said.. David will be more in love with you Emma. Don’t worry there will be no other woman out there that is freaking crazy at David.”, said Marga.
“Well, thank you for that Marga. I hope so. If ever there will be, I will gonna slap that woman.”, said Emma.
“Hey love, enough.”, replied David.
“Well, I will buy this gown. For the shoe glass, I want this.”, replied Emma.
“How about you love? I just wear my current clothes and help you find your tuxedo. Just wait for me here.”, replied Emma.
“Alright love..”, replied David.
As Emma was changing her clothes, Marga searched for a black tuxedo that suits David. While David was also searching for a tuxedo.
“What are you doing? Stop it. Why you knew we’re here?”, asked David.
“Actually, I have this instinct that you and Emma will search for boutiques today. So that’s why I’m here. Don’t worry, I will also buy my own gown for your wedding haha.”, replied Marga.
“You know what Marga, you’re very obvious. You should go now and find other boutique.”, whispered David.
David set aside from Marga while the Sales Lady noticed it. Emma went out from the fitting room.
“Love, I found my favorite.”, said David.
“Really? Did you choose that?”, asked Emma.
“Of course.”, replied David.
“Hey, Mr. David I think this black tuxedo really fits you. Right Ms. Emma?”, asked Marga.
“Actually, David my fiancée and soon to be husband don’t like blacks. It’s disgusting and cheap. It’s way to common.”, replied Marga.
“I love white tuxedo Marga, but thank you for helping us. You can search and buy your own gown now”, replied David.
“Well. As you say so..”, replied Marga.
Margaret went on the back side of the room where gowns with higher prices are displayed.
“Oh, this is very expensive. I don’t have much money for this. Urrrghhhh!”, whispered Marga angrily.
While on the other hand, Emma finds the best tuxedo for David.
“Here it is love. I think you’ll look very fabulous on this. Look..”, said Emma.
“Wow, I liked it very much love. This is what exactly I am looking for. A White and simple tuxedo.”, replied David.
“I’ll just choose black shoes to be fitted on. After, we can go”, replied David.
“Alright love, let’s go and find your Cinderella shoes.”, replied Emma.
“Wh-a-t? Haha”, giggled David.
“I’m just kidding.”, replied Emma.
The couple laugh each other until Margaret heard it.
“Uggh.. so disgusting. I don’t really like Emma. I don’t really like her. I envy her.”, murmured Marga.
“Excuse me Marga, did you find your own gown now?”, asked Emma.
“Oh, the gowns here are all dread. I don’t like it here.”, replied Marga.
“These gowns are all beautiful but with very high prices.”, replied Emma.
“I don’t think you can’t afford this. Don’t you?”, she added.
“Of course, I can afford.”, replied Marga.
“So what are you waiting for? Let’s go together at the counter.”, replied Emma.
“Love? We’re here.”, said Emma.
“Oh, there you are love, where’s your gown and shoes? I have with me my favorite tuxedo chosen by you as well as my black shoes.”, replied David.
Marga was making faces.
“I have to go now guys. Bye..”, said Marga.
“Wait, aren’t you buy your gown for our wedding?”, asked Emma.
“Not now Emma. I just visited here expecting there are more beautiful gowns but there’s none so far.”, replied Marga.
“Bye Marga, Bye Mr. David. See you at your wedding. Good luck!”, replied Marga.
“Oh is that it?”, replied Emma.
“How pity of Emma. Doesn’t she?”, she added.
David remained silent.
“Hello Ma’am and Sir, here’s your change. Thank you very much Mr. David an Ms. Emma. Thank you for visiting and trusting with us. Until next time.”, replied the Sales Lady.
“By the way, congratulations to the both of you. Have a blessed day ahead.”, added the Sales Lady.
“Thank you very much! By the way, we’ll just call Mirra for our wedding plan, bye!”, replied David.
The couple headed their way to a coffee shop and ordered two slices of cake with two orders of Cappuccino. After having moments of sweet conversation, they headed their way back home to contact the Wedding Planner.
“At last, we’re at home now love.”, replied David.
Emma was in a moment of silence.
“Are you alright?”, asked David.
“Don’t know I am just tired the whole day. I was surprised why Marga was there. Did you know about this? Or did you tell her that we’re heading to that boutique to help you choose your own tuxedo?”, asked Emma.
“What? Of course not. I did not contact her because it’s our day and it’s not about her work.”, replied David.
“Then why she’s there?”, added Emma.
“I don’t know Emma.”, replied David.
“So much for that, we will now contact our Wedding Planner love. Don’t overthink.”, replied David.
“Alright, I guess you’re right, I think I am just overthinking and overstressing things out.”, replied Emma.
“I have to contact our Wedding planner now.”, she added.
“Alright, I need to go to the restroom”, replied David.
Emma was sitting on the couch and placed the boxes on top of the table.
“Hello? Is this Mirra the Wedding Coordinator of “A&A’s Wedding Events? This is Emma Williams. I booked an appointment last time to discuss with you today about my wedding with David by next month. Can we discuss today by 3:00 – 4:00 pm Ma’am Mirr?”, asked Emma.
“Oh, yeah sure. I almost missed the appointment. Thank you for calling by the way Ms. Emma. I’m sorry I did not update you immediately because I have other clients as well. But thank you for the trust.”, replied Mirra, the Wedding Planner.
“Alright, we’ll wait for you here at home, I’ll just send you our village name as well as its block and lot no.”, replied Emma.
‘West Village, Block 10 Lot 18, sixth avenue and West Street W Houston.’, noted on the text message from Emma.
‘Noted on this, thanks!’, replied Mirra via text message.
After an hour, Mirra, the Wedding Planner arrived at David’s house. She rang the doorbell.
‘Ring-ring-ring’, rang the bell.
“Oh, hello Mirra, I am Mr. David and thank you for coming. Me and my fiancée is waiting for you.”, greeted David.
“Oh, hello Mr. David and Ms. Emma, sorry for the delay. Thank you for welcoming me here.”, replied Mirra.
“Oh, it’s okay. Welcome dear.”, replied Emma.
“So let’s start. I am very excited for this.”, replied David.
The couple sat each other on the couch with Mirra. They planned to finalize the wedding date.
“Well, so Mr. David and Ms. Emma, what’s the final date of the wedding?”, asked Mirra.
“We need to be married by next month.”, replied David.
“And did you bring the brochures for our chosen church and reception Mirr?”, asked Emma.
“Yes, here it is. So you have chosen the ‘Christ Christian Church’ as the venue of your wedding. Right?”, she added.
“Yes, yes.”, replied Emma.
“Yeah,”, also replied David.
“Alright. How about the venue for the reception and guests?”, asked Mirra.
“Well, I want it to be located at the Vanderbilt at South Beach.”, replied David.
“Wow! Amazing, this will be a grand wedding indeed Mr and Mrs. Andrews.”, replied Mirra.
The couple smiled each other.
“Are you sure about it love? It’s alright if we’re just getting a cheaper one for our reception venue.”, replied Emma.
“No, I want it to be more appealing and beautiful. Anyway, it’s just only a one time moment dear.”, replied David.
“How sweet of you both.”, replied Mirra.
“So it’s officially finalized. The church, the reception.. How about the gifts, cakes and meals.”, asked Mirra.
“ I think we want this whole package B. We will let you decide for it Ms. Mirra for the whole preparations and all until our wedding day. Since you’re the planner, we will trust you with that. And please ensure that every venue must have Dahlia Flowers.”, replied David.
“Oh well, amazing. You can count me in. Yes.”, replied Mirra.
“I think we just need to visit the church and talk to the priest as well as sending our invitation cards to our families, relatives, friends our colleagues and co-workers my love.”, replied Emma.
“And after that, we also need to visit the reception venue together with Mirra.”, added David.
“Yeah of course, it will just take us one day to visit the venues. I am very excited!”, replied Emma.
“Me as well dear.”, replied David.
The couple discussed some important matters for the Wedding preparation with Mirra, their Wedding Planner and Coordinator from the very start of making videos, material preparation, total amount of costs and other expenses until the wedding day.
“Alright, I think we are all set now Mr. David and Ms. Emma.”, said Mirra.
“Yeah, thank you very much for your time Ms. Mirra. We are also rooting our grand Wedding through your efforts and expertise by this. Thank you for helping and supporting us dear.”, replied Emma.
On the other day, the couple filed a leave from their work just to be together on that specific day to visit the church and the reception. They also visited their families, friends, Mother Ana, their colleagues and co-workers. The couple gave them their invitation cards as well.
“Really son? You’re getting married by next month? Congratulations to the both of you. I’m happy for you. Thank you for inviting us.”, replied Mother Ana from the orphanage.
“Thank you Mother. By the way, this is my fiancée Emma Williams. Emma love, this is Mother Ana whom I always talked to you about these past days. She’s the one who took good care of me while my biological parents died because of a car accident that until now, I have given no justice for it.”, explained David.
“Oh hello Mother Ana, nice to meet you. Thank you for supporting David until now. So it’s true, you are very kind then.”, replied Emma.
“Thank you dear. I thought the other woman named Mirra was his fiancée because of them are here last time to give us donations for the orphanage.”, replied Mother Ana.
“So, Mirra was here David?”, asked Emma hesitantly.
“Well, yes love I admit it. It’s just about our work. As a Mayor, I can’t do my job without my Secretary because she’s the one who will set appointments and meetings for me to review and prepared on.”, replied David.
“Wow. Amazing. Thank you for that Mother Ana. I didn’t know about it.”, replied Emma.
“Emma, dear my daughter, as I looked onto David’s eyes, I am really sure that you’re the only woman he loves. So it’s very normal for a woman to think that way but you can also feel how David really loves you. Right?”, explained the old woman.
Emma smiled at her and began teary-eyed.
“Yes, I love David and I know he loves me too. Sorry love.”, replied Emma.
“So are you pregnant now?”, asked the old woman.
“No, not yet mother but I really want to have a daughter. A baby girl.”, replied Emma.
“And call her ‘Dahlia’ because I really love Dahlia Flowers. I have many Dahlia flowers at home and I will bring some for you Mother Ana and help decorate your orphanage.”, replied Emma.
“Wow, thank you dear. How good are you.”, replied the old woman.
After the couple visited the orphanage and all their friends and relatives, they went back home to prepare other matters for the wedding day until their most awaited day came.
It’s Cloudy Sunday morning and the happy couple are already in the church. All their families, friends, the orphanage, colleagues, the City Councilor and David’s and Emma’s friends and co-workers are present in the Church.
The musician and choir played the sweetest love song for the couple entitled “Beautiful In White”. All their friends were really teary-eyed.
As Emma walked down the aisle, she can’t control her nervousness and eventually teary-eyed as well.
“I can’t believe I am now getting married and marry the man I truly loved.”, whispered Emma.
The flower girls are also bringing their basket full of Dahlia Flowers.
“Oh, the flower girls are so cute!”, replied one of Emma’s friends.
“I am really happy for Emma and David. I hope they lived happily like a Cinderella Story.”, replied one of them.
In the middle of the wedding, the priest asked Emma if he truly loves David.
“Emma, do you really love David?”, asked the priest.
“Yes Father.”, replied Emma.
“Do you accept him as your husband to the rest of your life?”, asked the priest.
“Yes Father, I do.” replied Emma
“David, do you really love Emma?”, asked the priest again.
“Yes, of course Father.”
“Do you accept her to be your wife for the rest of your life?”, asked the priest.
“Yes Father John. Of course, I love Emma.”, replied David.
The priest blessed the couple and the entire people in the church started shouting.
“Kiss! Kiss!”, shouted them.
“Alright, this is the most awaited part. You may now kiss the bride David.”, said the priest.
The couple kissed each other and took pictures with the priest, their families and friends.
Margaret was also there but wearing black gown.
As John started to lift Emma, Margaret appeared and everyone was looking at her because she wore black instead of purple gown.
“Emma, what are you wearing? Why didn’t you wear black? Do you like to become the star of the night?”, asked David.
“Oh, well congratulations to our Beloved Mr. and Mrs. Williams.”, said Marga.
“Hello Marga, you’re wearing black. It’s nice but much better if you wear purple since that’s our color theme. Didn’t I informed you last time?”, asked Emma.
“Oh, sorry about that Emma but the purple one got ripped out at the back portion but since black for me is also a classy one, I chose this. Sorry about that.”, replied Marga.
“Oh, it’s alright. See you at the reception area.”, replied Emma.
“Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Andrews.”, said Mother Ana.
“Oh, it’s you mother, we’re glad you’re here. Come on, let’s go together at the reception area”, replied David.
“Congratulations to the newly wed!!”, shouted their friends happily.
“Congratulations Mr. Mayor!”, said Kevin, the City Councilor.
“At last! Thank you Kevin.”, replied David.
“Thank you, thank you everyone!”, replied the couple.
“See you around at the reception area guys.”, said Emma.
The couple with Mother Ana headed their way to the beach reception.
“Oh, wow! It’s very nice here son. It’s cloudy but it’s worth it. Very nice. I like it.”, said the old woman.
“Thank you mother Ana.”, replied Emma.
“So can we go out now?”, replied David.
“Yeah sure,”, replied Emma.
“You can seat here Mother Ana with your friends at the orphanage.”, said Emma.
“Thank you dear. I love you both.”, replied the old woman.
“We also love you Mother.”, replied Emma.
Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Andrews. Your seats are in front. Please head this way. Thank you.”, replied the receptionist.
Until all the friends they invited came along and it reached them 7:00 pm in the evening to happily sang, dance, and join the party. Their friends also greeted them and gave them their sweet and best messages for the lovely couple.
“I wish you both to be very happy as a newly wed couple. And remember, don’t forget that whatever circumstances may come along, always pray to God. A sincere prayer is very powerful for a family.”, said Emma’s friends.
“We wish you David to love Emma deeply and sincerely and don’t get seduced by other women out there.”, said one of David’s friends jokingly.
The couple sliced the cake and received wedding gifts and wishes.
“Wow! Thank you everyone! Thank you for the gifts and wishes.”, said Emma.
Suddenly, Margaret came along to the couple and asked permission that she go ahead first because she has many important things to do.
“Hello, congratulations Mr. David and Mrs. Emma. Here’s my gift for you. Wishing you all the best. I’m sorry but I have to go. I have important things to attend to. Bye for now.”, said Marga.
“Oh wait, let’s just have a pic dear.”, asked Emma.
The couple and Marga had their pictorial and Marga went ahead suddenly cried quietly and headed her way back.
“Perfect!”, added Emma.
“It’s so heartbreaking David. It’s so heartbreaking…”, whispered Marga as she cried.
She went to her car headed her way at the bar and started drinking.
It’s already 9 pm when the visitors decided to go home.
“We’re off now our dear newly weds!”, said one of the visitors.
“We’ll go ahead Mr. and Mrs. Andrews. Bye for now and congratulations!!”, said Emma’s friends.
“We’ll go now David and Emma, congratulations once again. Today is the start of the new chapter of your lives. Stay strong.”, Kevin, The City Councilor said.
“Thank you Kevin.”, replied David.
“Thank you all for coming.”, replied Emma.
“Thank you everyone!”, replied the couple.
“Hey dear, we almost forgot Mother Ana. Where’s she?, asked David.
“Mother Ana? I think she went home already, but I haven’t seen her this time. Let’s go and search for her.”, replied Emma.
After minutes of searching, they found the old woman at the seashore.
“Mother Ana! At last we found you.”, shouted David.
“Oh, I’m sorry son and Emma, it’s already been awhile I did not smell fresh air from the sea. That’s why I’m here but I’m really sorry for making you wait for me. Is it already late in the evening?”, replied the old woman.
“Oh, really mother?”, asked Emma.
The couple hugged the old woman and accompanied her with the orphans to reach their destination at home in the orphanage.
After they reached at the orphanage with the children and other nuns, Mother Ana told the couple of not giving up despite of the challenges that they will face as a married couple.
“You know what, being married is exciting yet nervous. You don’t know what tomorrow may bring but if you put God at the center of your life, you can surpass everything.”, said the old woman.
“Here, take this. This is only I can afford to you right now because of your kindness, humility and generosity. These are bracelets with the image of Christ onto it. You can already wear it anytime because I let the priest blessed it when we’re already in the church.”, replied the old woman.
“Wow! Thank you for this Mother Ana.”, replied Emma.
“You are so amazing mother.”, added David.
“How I wish my parents were here.”, said David.
“Don’t worry son, I know your parents in heaven were so proud of you.”, replied the old woman.
“Thank you Mother Ana.”, replied David.
David and Emma kissed Mother Ana’s hands and bid their goodbye to the orphans and other nuns.
“See you ‘till next time when we will visit here again Mother Ana!”, shouted David.
Mother Ana and the children happily sang and went inside of the house while the couple were heading their way at David’s house.
David played a sweet love song in the car until Emma was fallen asleep so deeply.
“I guess you’re tired love. I love you very much..”, whispered David as he kissed Emma’s lips gently.
“I love you too.”, replied Emma.
Emma leaned on the car’s side mirror on the right with a small pillow which she embraced tightly wearing her long white beautiful gown. The couple headed their way back home and passed by the inclined highway. At the side is the seashore which sparkles because of the splashing of waves with the luminescent moon that lightens the sea.