Stick one's neck out

*not proofread*

(Continues...)

London 

Kapoor Mansion

"Can we get married in India"...

Silence prevailed in the mansion for quite a time. Shock, was an understatement for them at that moment. Why not?  No one expected such a proposal from the bride. Their trance was broken by a joyous squeal.  All turned their heads to look at Kiara, clapping her hands in excitement. The little girl turned  towards her father and bombarded him with her questions. " Dada, India is Mumma's birthplace right. Will we get to see her home there?  Badi Nani always told stories of Nani, Ma and Masi's childhood. How many days will we stay there?" Her questions made King look at his wife, he was trying to guage her reactions. She was looking forth and back towards the father-daughter duo. He did not have the heart to let down Kiara's excitement. Instead he gave her  a peck on her forehead and sent her out to play, promising to give her the updates of the trip soon.

Pragya felt chills down her spine on seeing Kiara's excitement. If her sister's request left her shocked, then her daughter's reaction gave her terrors. She felt numb until she felt warmth from the hands placed over hers. She held onto them tightly as if her life depended on her. She turned to look back at King, seeking solace from the assurance he was giving her. And she got that. One look at him, and she was able to calm down and gather herself. They both turned towards the soon-to-wed couple only to find out they are together in this. 

"But why ? Shristi you never told me about this. All these months, whenever we discussed marriage plans, you never mentioned this. Then why suddenly...?" Preeta couldn't complete her words. She didn't think her sister would ever want to go back to India. 

"Di, Adi has to go to India for atleast 3-4 months to look after the opening of a new branch of our hospital there. I know he would be coming back now and then, but not for enough time to conduct a wedding. We won't be able to enjoy the shopping and rituals properly. And now I don't want to wait for six more months to get married. We talked about this and Adi is also ready to get married as soon as possible. So we thought, maybe we can get married in India only.  We'll have enough time for arrangements also, and it can be a vacation for us also. "

"Shristi, you also have two big wedding contracts right? And that'll take away atleast 3 months. You'll be so busy that you won't have proper time to spend with us. Then why do you want to hurry in these 4 months only. You won't even know how fast these 4 months will pass with your busy schedule. We can have the wedding once all this settles down" tried negotiating Pragya.

Shristi kneeled infront of Pragya, cupping both of her hands. "Di, I'm sorry for pressurizing all of You. I know a visit to India will have a  lot of effect on us. Especially You. But I'm unable to shred off this odd feeling I get every time I think of waiting for six months. We were initially thinking to have a register wedding. But last night I got to know that Tarun's marriage is likely to happen in India only. Neha's family didn't agree yet. So it's very likely that you all also will be going to India. That's when we thought of this. "

" But bhabi, it's okay even if we can't wed in India. Like she said, we can have a register marriage here. And we both will go to India for work and come back. You can come for Tarun's wedding and return. All we want is to get married as soon as possible." Adi continued. 

Going back to India is a major decision for everyone, especially for the Arora sisters. With their lives finally filled with love, support and respect, they never gave a thought on what if one day they'll have to face the past. After sometime Vikram finally spoke breaking the silence, "Now if Adi is ready to give up his bachelor life, let's get them married", to which everyone chuckled. "We'll think for the night and discuss on how to proceed with arrangements and schedule from tomorrow. " Rest of them agreed and called for the night.