Power Couple of the Seven Seas

Preston's jaw nearly touched the floor. "What-. How-. When-. You're alive?!" he angrily sputtered.

"Your plan didn't work so well now, did it Pres?" He turned around to make a run for it but Gabe and James stood in front of the door. Nathan, who was lurking in the shadows, walked up behind me and I smirked.

"You-. You're working with THEM?" he roared.

"That's my business and none of your concern. You're the one that turned your back on me. You tried to kill me. These guys gave me a second chance at life," I reached up and slid my hand along Nathan's jaw. He grabbed it when I reached his neck and he kissed the back of my hand.

After the whole debacle with Gabe, Nathan and I started dating, or as much as you can date on the seven seas. Not too long after, the cabin boy Noah told me that both James and Gabe had severe romantic feelings for me, but they were too scared to cross Nathan just so they could have me. When I heard that, I immediately asked Nathan if I could move into his cabin because my room was so far away from his quarters. It was extremely close to James and Gabe's quarters, too close for my comfort.

"You, you're dating!?" Preston screeched when he saw Nathan and I.

"Again, that's my business and not yours." I glared at the man across from me. "Now, I suggest you and the rest of your treacherous crew leave and never show your faces around here again. If my crew or I ever see you again, it will not end well for you. Let's just say, I will succeed where you failed."

Preston glared at me before turning around and trying to get past James and Gabe. I gave a stiff nod of my head and they moved aside so Preston could leave. A second after he was out the door, I saw him sprinting down the dock. I chuckled under my breath at seeing the confidence of a man thinking he had everything just to see it ripped away from right under his feet. I stood up and shared a glance with the man I worked with.

"I, I didn't know you were still alive, Captain (L/n). I, I didn't have any reason to disagree with Captain Preston, er, Preston. I am so sorry for not believing you were still alive-. Gabe silenced him by sliding his sword in front of his neck. He shut up immediately.

"Andrew, stop rambling," I barked. I nodded my head at Gabe and he moved his sword from Andrew's neck. "We will still be doing business. We're just working with the Unspeakable now."

"I, I thought you t-two we're, were enemies."

"Stop stuttering Andrew!" I barked again. Softer, I continued, "We're doing business on the Unspeakable now."

I turned on my heel and walked out of Andrew's house. We made our way to the port and saw the Fire Truth ready to set sail. I glared up at the deck, my gaze locking with Preston's as he and his crew of traitors sailed off, never to be seen again.

To this day, I have no idea what happened to them. Maybe they went around to the other side of the country. Maybe they sailed to an island far away. Maybe their ship sank and now rests on the bottom of the seafloor.

One day I asked Nathan if he ever saw them again. "No, Syreni," he responded. "Those traitors will never show their faces around here ever again."

A thought that had been tugging at the back of my mind jumped out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"Why did you save me all those years ago?"

"I could never kill you, Syreni. Even back then. I promised myself I would never hurt you."

"Even when we were enemies?"

"Even when we were enemies."

"So, even when you fished me up you weren't going to kill me?"

"The only reason we were able to save you before you drowned was because we had been following your ship. We kept back so you wouldn't see us. We saw something happening. When I saw someone hit the water and not come back up, I knew I had to do something."

"You were following us?"

"I never felt right letting you out of my sight. Guess I was right when Preston tried to drown you."

"Thank you for always looking out for me," I said as we leaned in for a kiss.

"Anything for you, Captain," Nathan whispered against my lips.

Nathan and I went on to rule the seven seas as husband and wife, the most fearsome pirate duo who ever lived. Everyone cowered in fear at the sound of our names. The entire coast was at our mercy.

Everyone on the Unspeakable has never said anything about Nathan and I's relationship ever again. No one has ever tried to make a move on me since. Everyone in the crew knew never to cross us. Everyone on land who knew of us knew never to cross us. Anyone on land who didn't know us would soon know who we were. If anyone tried hitting on me, Nathan would be there to threaten the poor sap into apologizing to me and demand they never look at his wife ever again. If they didn't, they never lived to tell the tale.

"I am so glad you and I got together Syreni," Nathan said as we settled down to bed one night in our cabin.

"I am so glad, too, Aneípotos," I whispered as both our arms wrapped around my expanding stomach. Soon there would be another generation of fearsome pirates. And Nathan and I would be at the start of it all.