Imagine #3: Viscount Dameron (Part I)

Bridgerton AU hehe

HEY GUYS IM BACK! Send requests plz

~

It's been only a few days since you presented yourself in front of the queen, Leia Organa. That day which was so long awaited by you was finally over with. The nerves have subdued but the knowledge that you're parents expect you to find a husband this season has not.

Your father is well known for his work in lumber in America, and of course your family comes from a long line of wealth and success.

Your mother was the diamond of her season, though it's clear their pairing was a love match, though you've certainly questioned if their attraction to each other was not just the worth of their face or home.

You sit at your vanity as your maids tend to your hair and face.

"Are you excited for the fête miss? I think the first ball of the season is always the most exhilarating for young women." says Joy, one of your favorite and most trusted women.

You glare up at her jokingly. "Not particularly, mama says I shall have my dance card full, if only I were not the oldest of my siblings, if I had someone older I might be able to cling to them - make conversation."

"You'll have Viscount Dameron, he's always been like your older brother." Joy notes. "Always there to protect you."

You scoff.

"I think he has eyes for you miss." Another maid notes.

"I hardly believe that, if he wanted to express interest in me he already would've. Plus, he's very close to Queen Leia, I think she probably has someone picked out for home already."

After finishing up hair and makeup you step into your sage green gown. There is a beautiful white embroidered piece with flowers on it laying over the silk. Your maids secure your tiara, earrings, and necklace, as well as your gloves and then send you on your way to the carriage.

Your parents stand at the bottom of the staircase, admiring your beauty as you descend upon them.

"Wow darling," your mother starts. "You look... amazing."

"Thank you mama, now let's get this over with." You smile and your parents roll their eyes.

At the ball...

"Now, you mustn't be too selective with who you dance with, it's good to plant seeds of kindness everywhere my dear." Your father squeezes your hand as he escorts you into the ball room.

"I shall think it best I only accept invitations to dance by the most attractive gentlemen" you laugh lightly, he joins in.

You and your parents find an area of the ballroom that allows you to scope out the scene. Immediately, you spot the tall, dark haired Prince Ben Solo next to his mother the Queen, Leia Organa. Standing to his left is Duke Hux. The prince catches your eye and yours his. He grins and nods his head in acknowledgment that he appreciates your attention.

You bow your head to the floor as to not blush in his direction.

"The prince is approaching my love." Your mother whispers. "Head up."

You lift your head to find his about a foot above yours just a few inches away.

"Good evening, Duke, Dutchess." He nods to your parents. "Good evening, Y/N." He is charming and his hair is absolutely beautiful. His jawline is sharp and his lips are perfectly plush looking.

"Good evening your majesty." You curtsy.

"May I have this dance?" He reaches his hand out.

"Of course." You take his hand and allow him to lead you to the ballroom floor.

You begin to dance, when he gets the opportunity to be close to you he whispers in your ear, "I've quite missed seeing you around the academy."

"I've missed getting an education too," you chirp.

"Perhaps I could convince the queen to allow young women to advance their studies after the established age."

You find yourself growing bashful; a little surprised too.

"You would do that for me?"

"Yes... I would do... many things for you." He says under his breath.

Your face grows hot and just before you find the opportunity to respond you hear and feel someone at your side.

"Your highness, mind if I steal your dance?"

Prince Ben grimaces at... Viscount Poe Dameron.

"Of course it's you." You mutter.

He winks at you and offers you his arm. You want to object but that would be embarrassing in this situation. "I shall find you later your highness." You curtsy. You take Poe's arm and let him lead you to the other side of the floor.

"I was dancing with the Prince." You yell whisper.

"You mean the prick? Y/n I can't believe you, it's like you barely remember who you are. You are likely to he declared the diamond, you could have anyone." He looks at you with hopeful eyes, a single black curly strand falls on his forehead.

"And why not a Prince, I feel like becoming a princess isn't so bad, much less the future queen."

"Is he who you want? The man who bullied his way through the academy and if you ask me is gaining much too much power over London. Do you want to be the wife of a man who gets whatever he wants when he wants it, no matter the means?"

"You're one to talk Dameron, you are a rake." You begin to sneak off of the dance floor before the dance even begins.

"Wait, Y/N," he follows.

"Leave me, Viscount."

You make your way down the grand hallway of the estate the ball is being held at, you look for any possible powder room.

"Y/n," he grabs your hand and turns you around.

"We should not be here alone." You demand.

"And you should be more careful with whom you choose to dance." His face is scrunched in anger and confusion. His eyes seek through yours to find any glimpse of agreement. "I am close to the queen, she wants to pair you with her son. I cannot bare to watch it play out." He sighs and turns away, putting his face in his hands momentarily, then regaining his composure.

"I wish not to watch you be paired with someone, I wish to watch you fall in love."

You scoff and fold your arms. What does it matter what he wants? Is the queen's favor not something to be proud of? Is marrying or even just courting a Prince not something to be proud of?

"It seems you are far too focused on what you want Viscount." You say.

He looks disappointed and overall flustered. "Y/n I have grown up with you I know what you want and deserve."

"Again, it's not about what-" you lower your voice. "It's not about what you want." You grimace. "I shall go now before we are seen alone and I am assumed compromised." You begin to strut down the hall putting as much possible distance between you and Poe as possible.

"Would it be so terrible?"

You stop.

"To be... compromised or married to a man like me?"

"A man like you? Poe you have never wanted to settle down you have had three seasons of opportunity." You note. "Good evening Viscount."