EP4 // Did Loid-san notice?

y/n's pov
-------------------------

Badump.
Badump.
Badump.

My heart beats loudly. It's pulsing against my chest plate. I still feel Loid-san's body pressing against my back. How is his heartbeat this calm?! He lets go of my hands and sighs, "That's how you do it. Okay, so now-"

"..."

"Are you alright? Are you sick? Your face is super red." Loid-san looks at me expressionlessly. I hide my face in my hands. I'm blushing so hard! My heart rate wasn't slowing down, i let out a hiccup.

"Hic..! Uh- S-sorry i need to go t-to the bathroom- Hic..!" I quickly rush out of the food lab and run to the staircase behind the lift lobby. I secluded myself in the stairwell, sitting on the ground. I let out a heavy sigh and groan. "Urgh, stupid hiccups. I'm not even supposed to like Loid-san. He's just a work partner."

Or is he?

-------------------------

I had been stuck in the stairwell for about an hour. I was too afraid to go back out to face Loid-san.

Knock-knock! "Ah- Lana-san, if you're done hiding you better come out now. The head of FoodLive is going to taste everyone's products."

I hear Loid-san by the door. The head of FoodLive? As in the director?! I immediately push open the door...

Thud! I feel something soft, like clothes. I think I've fallen down, obviously. "Are you gonna get off me?" Loid-san's face is right in front of mine. He's too close, i could smell his cologne. "OH! Ah- s-sorry.. Hic!.." my hiccups came back, great.

We quickly rush over to the cafeteria on Level 1, that's where they taste the food. We prepare our dish; Loid prepares his dish, and we wait for the director to arrive. I turn to Loid-san, I see that his face is more pink than usual. I failed to notice his hair just now, it's so perfect!! Amidst my admiration of Loid-san, the director had already walked in. Woah, he's handsome for a guy like him.

Director Igor Ivanov. Son of Edgar Ivanov, Igor took over the company that his father had owned and is now here till present time since the early 2000s. "Director Ivanov! How wonderful to have you here, once again, we have our talented chefs present to you their finest dishes." Some guy beside Ivanov was being very optimistic over such boring things like food tasting. I yawned behind my face-mask, Ivanov is suddenly infront of me. I almost let out a yelp, his handsome face was too mesmerising.

"Ah, you must be the company's 'Lovebirds'. Lana and Lloy was it? Or was it Lois-"

"Loid Forger."

I jolt. I turn and see Loid-san's face. He's infuriated. Ivanov stands straight, hands in the pockets of his suit coat. He's wearing black leather shoes and his hair is gelled up and styled. Wow, he's really good looking..
I let my thoughts slip, Ivanov is smiling at me. Loid-san laughed and says, "Ha! To think a guy like you could not only mess up my name, but try to steal my wife as well!" I quickly turn at Loid-san. "Did i break character? Are we busted?" I mouth my words. Loid-san mouths back, "No, let me handle this."

Oh, i see. Loid-san purposely started a scene to mend Ivanov's suspicions. Did i hear him correctly? "Steal his wife?" I laugh to myself. Because they were having their little fight, Ivanov decided to try ours' last. Loid-san looks at me, his eyes are so gentle. They're nothing like Ivanov's, or any other guy I've met. I couldn't stop the smile that was escaping slowly. Before i turn to hide my face, Loid-san breaks into a smile first.

I feel like im getting sucked into his grin, his smile was so genuine, and handsome. I unknowingly let my smile show and i feel my ears get hot.

-------------------------

That chaotic day, Ivanov didn't even like the dish. I have a feeling Loid-san and him already started a rivalry. I sit down at my office table, I really wanted to go back to our other office at AA Agency. Loid-san takes off his lab coat. "We should pack up, we need to go back home." I was so relieved i heard Loid-san say that. We could finally go home after a hell day of work.

We're at the lift lobby, the lift was coming from level 10. It's gonna be a crowded lift, i bet. Ding! Loid-san and I enter, it is indeed crowded. As the doors close, the lift atmosphere is very hot and packed. Some people are on the phone and some people are squirming non-stop. I feel Loid-san's body pressing against mine, for the third time already! He's breathing right beside my ear, it's hot. I suddenly feel someone's hand grab my waist. I turn to see Loid-san's face, he's sweating and he's cheeks are cherry red. I cover my face with my hand, shocked.

Ding! Everyone leaves the lift, Loid-san and I walk awkwardly out of the lift as well. I can see we're both trying to come up with something to talk about, but fail.

We've arrived home. Even after an hour, the air is still tense and awkward. My thoughts are racing. "Did he notice anything today? Does he think i like him?" I bite the tips of my fingernails and sit on the couch. My hair is still dripping wet from the shower. Loid-san suddenly appears from the toilet, he tilts his head and asks, "Do you dislike me? Or is it you're just not used to me?" I stare at him.

"I don't dislike you, i mean there's nothing to dislike about you- Ah- But do you dislike me?" I ask back, genuinely curious.

He shakes his head, "I don't dislike you too, i agree there's nothing to dislike about you." He leaves the living room and smiles at me. My face turns into a giant peach, I could feel my cheeks were flushed. I put my hand over my chest, my heart pulpitates wildly.

I rush over to Loid-san's room. He's on his bed, sitting by the side. Out of my right mind, my body moved itself, I sat on top of Loid-san and stared into his eyes. He looks clueless, but Loid-san plays along. "Yes? Do you need something?" I snap out of it. I'm holding onto Loid's shoulders. I immediately let go and attempt to get off him. Loid-san pulls me closer, he doesn't let me escape.

Suddenly, Loid-san and I are hugging eachother like a real married couple. I rest my head on his shoulder while he talks me to sleep. He's so gentle. Resting my head, I fall asleep on Loid's shoulder, comfortably and safely.

-------------------------

T. B. C