How To Fail At Finding A Date Pt.2

(Okay so spoiler/warning this chapter involves a love potion and we all know what those are basically are and do to a victim so just be warned)

The boys each had a mission. The mission was important and it was imperative that they succeeded. The mission? Don't let Mirabel go on a date with Draco or else his evilness would turn her evil. They are also pretty sure he has a life potion so they're watching what she eats very carefully. Ron and Harry's plan was too hook Neville up with the date, something he was more than happy with. Right now they were in potions class with the Slytherins.

Snape being the ever loving and compassionate teacher decided to be nice to Neville and pair him with Mirabel.

Nah he paired Neville with Goyle and Mirabel with Draco.

"So your making your own dress for the Yule Ball? I can't wait to see it I bet it's going to look gorgeous on you. Your so talented with a needle and thread," Draco said and Mirabel blushes giggling. "Thanks Draco I bet you'll look dashing in whatever you wear to the ball," Mirabel said as she grinds the beans for their potion. Seeing Draco was seconds away from asking her Harry acts fast and snuck three ginger roots into Seamus's potion without him realizing. "Speaking of the Yule Ball," Draco begins when suddenly a huge explosion goes off.

Everyone covers their ears, but it was no use as everyone has a ringing in their ears. "What!" Mirabel yells not hearing herself. Snape angrily yells at the students asking who's potion that was and how they messed it up so badly, but none of them could hear him. He starts waving his arms around weirdly and Harry thought the teacher had lost it when Mirabel started copying him. Who knew Mirabel and Snape knew sign language?

Despite the ringing in his ears and the class trip to the hospital wing Harry thinks it was worth it. Even if he owes Seamus a huge favour for the detention he got.

Next class after the ringing ended was charms. The class was trying to master a enlargement charm on a apple. The boys had decided to ask for Neville and slide a note to Mirabel because with Draco's attention on Neville they would never see it happening. Ron grins as he folds the paper into a bird and blew it across the classroom. They watched as it was about to land when suddenly. Zap! They watch as the papers ashes fall in front of them. "No passing notes in my class, minus five points Gryffindor for both of you," Flitwick says and they slumped feeling defeated as Draco grins menacingly at them.

Next class was beast keeping and Hagrid decided to take a break from the blast ended Skrewts they had been working with and instead decided to spend the lesson with these fury dog type of animal that sniffs out anything that has material value. They each picked out one of the furry creatures and set them to find valuables. Draco snuck over to Mirabel and tapped her on the shoulder. She turns around, but just as she did one of the furry creatures pounced on Draco and wouldn't get off him. What Draco had not noticed was that Harry had snuck some coins in Draco's pocket and he smirked as Mirabel tried helping to get the thing off him.

Finally it was lunch and Neville was working up the courage to ask Mirabel out. He had his gift for her and Draco was all the way two tables over from them. There's no way he could reach them in time to stop anything. "So Mirabel has anyone asked you to the Yule Ball yet?" Neville asks. Mirabel shook her head. "Nope," she answers as she took a sip of her drink. "Really because I was wondering," Neville began when Mirabel suddenly stood up. "I'm going to ask them myself," she chirps. Neville looks at her confused. "Uh who are you going to ask?" He nervously stutters. She smiles and says. "What other adorable blonde boy would I ask?" She says and eeps. "I need to go make them something! They're so amazing and special they deserve it after all. You must always give a gift when asking someone out my Tio Felix always said that," She says and starts walking off. "Bye Neville," she sing songs. The poor boy looked absolutely crushed and Mirabel's three friends watched jaws dropped as Mirabel disappears from sight.