The End of the World- part 3

(A/N) hello my fellow whovians!!!!! Oh my gosh I don't even know where to start! I just want to personally thank you guys soooo much for supporting my book. It just means so much to me and you guys are just flipping amazing! Thanks again!
~JazzySmith
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sage's P.O.V

"That wasn't a gravity pocket. I know gravity pockets and they don't feel like that." The Doctor tells us as we enter back into the room where all the aliens are socializing.

"What do you think Jabe? Listen to the engines. They've pitched up about thirty hertz. Is that dodgy, or what?" He asks the tree woman that flirted with him earlier.

"It's the sound of metal it doesn't make any sense to me." She tells us.

"Where's the engine room?" He asks her.

"I don't know. But the maintenance duct is just behind our guests suit. I can show you and.... Your wife." She tells him as she looks at me.

"I'm not his wife!!!" I groan while throwing my head back with exaggeration.

"Partner?" She asks.

"Nope." The Doctor tells her while popping the p.

"Prostitute?" She asks with a smirk and I growl.

"Excuse me!" I hiss and Rose grabs my wrist to stop me from ripping her head off.

"Whatever she is, she must be invisible. Do you mind?" Rose asks her harshly while I try to bite my tong from saying anything I might regret.

"Tell you what, why don't you two go and pollinate. We're going to catch up with the family and maybe have a quick word with Micheal Jackson" I growl and stomp away with Rose right next to me.

"Don't start a fight!" The Doctor calls as we walk away.

"No promises!" I tell him. He links his arm with Jabe and they walk away.

"And we want you home by midnight." Rose warns as she points an accusing finger at them. This lightens my mood a bit and I chuckle.

"Earth death in fifteen minutes." The intercom booms.

Rose and I walk over to to Cassandra and stand next to her as we watch the sun expand onto Earth. Rose stands on one side of her while I stand on the other.

"Soon the sun will blossom into a red giant, and my home will die. That's where I used to live, when I was a little boy, down there." She tells us and I cross my arms over my chest. I mouth 'little boy' to Rose and she raises an eyebrow at this as well. However, we don't question her about it and continue to listen to her life story.

"Mummy and daddy had a house. Built into the side of the Los Angeles Crevasse... I had much fun." She sighs.

"What happened to everyone else? The human race, where did it go?" Rose asks her.

"They say mankind has touched every star in the sky." She tells her.

"So your not the last human?" I question her with a raised eyebrow.

"I am the last pure human, The others mingled. Oh, they call themselves 'new humans' and 'proto-humans' and 'digi-humans' even 'human-ish'. But you know what I call them? Mongrels." She hisses with disgust.

"Right, and you stayed behind? Isn't that a bit cowardly?" I ask her with mockery laced into my words.

"I kept myself pure." She tells me in a matter-of-fact tone.

"How many operations have you had?" Rose asks her.

"708. Next week it's 709. I'm having my blood bleached." She tells us and I try to hold back the gags that threaten to come up my throat.