Chapter Forty-Two

**WARNING- you may see some violent content in this chapter**

|| ✨ ||

Thud.

"Again," Luca called, his arms folded across his muscular chest. Amari gritted her teeth and swung at the punching bag again. Thud. "Again."

She whined, "Come on, Luca, I've been at this forever."

Luca gave her an unimpressed look. "It's been barely five minutes." Next to him, Santiago, finally home after working in the city for weeks, smothered a chuckle with his fist.

Amari placed a hand on her hip. She wore a bright purple matching sports bra and athletic leggings. "That's four minutes and fifty seconds too long in my eyes."

I fought a smile from where I stood, watching silently. Jasper and Elijah were next to me, eyeing her form as Amari threw another punch. Either they were eyeing her punches or the male now standing behind her, showing her the correct movements. My lips curled in amusement.

A voice called my name and I twisted on my foot to see Owen making his way over. I met him halfway, not wanting my siblings to overhear the conversation, knowing why he would come to find me.

It'd been a solid week since Kimberly handed over her lover's information. "How was the meeting?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

He shrugged, awkwardly pulling on the hem of his shirt. "Fine, they agreed to all terms but they weren't happy about it," he mumbled, shivering like he was experiencing war flashbacks.

"I wouldn't think they'd be too excited about my terms but thank you for going in my place," I said, gratefully, patting his arm.

Owen dug in his pocket, pulling out an ancient-looking cellphone. "They gave me this, it's encrypted so you're completely safe, I checked it before leaving the restaurant," he explained slipping it into my hand. "They said to call when you're ready to talk." I nodded in thanks.

"Thank you, Owen, for doing this."

His lips tugged into a smile. "Thank you for trusting me, your father used to shove me in that closet of an office and never talk to me."

I nudged his bicep with my fist. "You're my greatest asset, Owen, you know everyone's secrets," I whispered with an evil little smile on my face.

He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, I do." He sighed loudly. "Okay, I've got to get back to my cave, I've got a couple more things to do from this meeting." I nodded, waving as he left the training area.

When I turned back to my siblings they were all staring at me. Luca did his best to pretend he wasn't eavesdropping but the fact that he studied the ground a little too closely gave it away. Amari lifted a perfect brow, her hands on her hips. "What was that?"

I blinked, jerking a thumb over my shoulder. "That was Owen, he's my IT guy," I said slowly as if I were explaining something to a child.

She gave me a flat look in reply. "Obviously it's Owen, but why is he coming out here to talk to you?" She replied with an extreme amount of sass, clearly bothered by the fact that she doesn't know my secrets.

"If you must know, Father and I are dealing with something important and Owen needed to tell me right here, right now about something to do with said something," I replied cryptically, shutting down her nosiness.

A scoff left her lips as she turned back to the punching bag. "I just think it's funny how much you hated our father before he got back now the two of you are practically glued to the hip," she stated, throwing a perfect punch.