Test One: Alissa and Rose Part Two

Alissa knew she had to get her barring. Everyone besides her and Rose was freaking out. She managed to retrace her steps to the wall. "Rose?"

"I'm here," Rose said. "They don't mess around, huh?"

"Hey!" Danny said, moving towards them. "Don't sneak off without us."

Alissa never thought it was possible to roll her eyes as hard as she had. This guy was like a lost kid. To everyone's surprise, the door slid open and blinding light shined through like a beacon. No one moved. They were all waiting to see what everyone else did. 

"To hell with this," A boy said, looking outside the room and waving to his group. They nodded at each other and then followed the boy out of the building. 

"We should leave too. If they are grading us, then those guys probably got a massive point lead," Danny said. 

Alissa shook her head. "Think about it. Why would the door open like that unless it was a trap? They most likely went out the front. Does this place have a back door or something?"

"I saw a couple of windows. Maybe we could use those?" Rose suggested. 

"You want us to go through windows?" Blair asked, looking at Rose like she was crazy. "Are you insane?"

"Only a little," Rose shrugged. She watched one more group leave and noticed they went a different way than the others. "Wonder where they're going?" She got up and leaned out into the hallway. No other doors were opened, but something didn't feel right. Rose walked back to the group. "Okay, does anyone know how big this place is?"

"It has to be pretty big. I saw a massive gym on our way here," Sydney said. 

"Alright, let's move. We should head to the gym. They probably won't be expecting it. I bet most of the admin are waiting at the front door," Alissa said. She led the way out of the room and down the hallway. It was dead quiet as they made their way to the gym. Before entering, she noticed one of the participants move along the gym wall. He had a terrified look on his face as he pressed his body as hard as he could against the wall. 

Danny moved to see what she was looking at. "What's he doing?"

"My guess, trying to survive," Alissa said. "Something has him scared."

Danny scoffed and opened the door. Suddenly, something shoots towards him out of the corner of his eye. Danny barely had time to close it before a spear pierced the door. Stopping inches away from Danny's stomach. "What the hell?" 

"That's fake, right?" Blair asked. "This has to be like a fake door or something. And the spear has to be fake too."

Danny put his finger on the tip of the spear and hissed as blood blossomed from the wound. "That's real."

Alissa looked back through the door window and saw that the boy was almost to the exit when two people in white jumpsuits came out from a side door. Each of them holds a different weapon. She pressed her ear to the door to listen.

"Someone's out there. Should we go see?" A male voice asked.

"We're supposed to stay in here. Now, end him before I do. Unless you don't want the points," A female voice said. She pulled her weapon from her back and aimed it at the boy.  It was a high-action crossbow.  "Have you ever heard of William Tell?"

The boy shook his head.

"But where's the apple?" The male voice asked with a hint of twisted glee in his voice.

Before the girl could answer, the boy tried running for the exit only to get a bolt through his neck. 

"Got him!" The girl laughed. The participant grasped at the arrow before dropping it to the ground. "Hurry up, or you won't get the points."

"Alright, fine. I could use a few extra credits anyway," The male said, walking up to the body and taking a blade from his belt. He held it high above his head and lowered it onto the boy's chest. 

Alissa looked through the window again and saw the male admin take his blade and wipe it off. "Poor kid. He almost made it outside too."

"At least the other two made it. Don't know how much better that is, though. Outside is worse." The woman turned her head towards Alissa. "Are you coming in or not?"