What Lies Beyond the Walls

The first thing Tubbo did that morning was visit Niki's new bakery. The second he stepped into the cozy warm shop he smelled the sweetest, warmest, loveliest smells of bread. Niki beamed when Tubbo opened the glass shop doors. "Tubbo you made it!"

"Make it? It's right next to the lake! It's not even far! Also, I smelled the best smelling bread ever so my nose lead me here more than anything." Tubbo chirped.

"Would you like to try anything?" Niki extended her arm to display all the pastries and goods she had made. "The cinnamon rolls seem to be a hit-"

Tubbo interrupted her by dropping a bag of coins on the counter with a clatter. "ALL OF IT!"

Niki seemed taken aback. "Wha- Tubbo?"

"I want everything." Said Tubbo earnestly, making perfect eye contact with Niki, eyes wide.

"B- but Tubbo I have other customers that will come later today-"

"Then just one of each thing. I can't choose." He needed to make it clear he wanted to try every edible thing in that bakery.

Niki blinked for a second then began grabbing one of each pastry. Then- with absolutely no warning, the bakery doors burst open. Tubbo jumped and turned to see a wide-eyed Tommy panting for breath.

"Tubbo! I need to speak to you!"

"Uhhh can it wait Bossman? I buying everything in this bakery at the moment."

Tommy sighed. "But don't you want to go on a daring adventure with me Tubs?"

"You didn't say anything about a daring adventure! How urgent is it?" Tubbo did want to go with Tommy but. . . food.

"I need you Tubbo!" Tommy pouted. Tubbo could tell he was being childish on purpose. Little rat.

Tubbo let out a long sigh. He knew he had to join Tommy, but Tommy could be a lot. Fortunately, when he turned to Niki to tell her he was leaving she already had two huge bags of every pastry in her store.

He jumped. "NIKI YOU LEGEND!"

Niki giggled. "You take this with you I suppose. And Tommy, please be safe. I know you have a certain disregard for sa-"

"Oh, we'll be fine Niki! When have I ever gotten into trouble?" Tommy scoffed.

"Literally too many times to count," Tubbo replied matter of factly.

"Be quiet Tubs. I need to explain to you our daring adventure!"

Tubbo sighed, he thanked Niki and joined Tommy outside. "What did you need me so desperately for Tommy?"

Tommy grabbed a brown backpack and handed it to Tubbo beaming. "Me and You are going to visit the Dream SMP today!"

Tubbo froze. "What do you mean by visit? Because coming from you that could mean, go risk our lives and start another war, blow up someone's house and make them hate us forever, or go sightseeing but make fun of everything we see."

"Err, the last one! It'll be fun Tubbo, plus you can take your treats with you as well!" Tommy pointed to the bags of baked goods that Tubbo was carrying.

They had left L'Manburg's borders recently sure, but not gone full-on into the SMP. If Tubbo knew Tommy well (and he did) he knew if they were visiting the SMP they were going to go dead center. Tubbo didn't know if he was ready to do so.

"Has it changed at all in the last month?" Tubbo asked quietly.

"That's exactly why we are visiting it, Tubbo! To see how awful it is because it could never compare to L'Manburg!"