ARU
"What, I'm his granddaughter?" Aru asked, freezing. Her spoon was suspended, as she had just been about to take a bite of pulao. 

"I mean, he doesn't have family in New York. To go to his apartment, and get his documents, someone needs to act like a grieving family member." Aiden said, pushing the rice on his plate. 

"It feels disrespectful, though." Aru said, squirming in her seat. 

"It is," Aiden said gravely. "But what other choice do we have?" 

"You can't go alone, either, Shah." Brynne said, heaping raita on a plate. "Those people have a hit out on us, and you stand a better chance going as a pair with someone." 

"I mean, two people can act as a couple, I guess?" Aru said. 

"You're going. You look somewhat similar to Shakhuni anyway, and you're the best liar in this group." Mini said, a tone of finality in her voice.

"And who else?" Aru asked, looking at the others. 

"I'm not going." Rudy said immediately. "I cannot lie." 

"I can't go either, Mini and I need to look through newspapers for the hand symbol." Brynne said. 

All eyes turned to Aiden. He sighed. "Alright, fine, I'll act as Shah's boyfriend." 

Like her, he too was blushing. 

Brynne's eyes gleamed, as she noticed their red faces, but had the grace to not say anything. She nodded again, satisfied. "Alright, then. Tomorrow's a Saturday, you can go tomorrow." 

----

Saturday. The perfect day to get some ice-cream; complain to your friends about the burden of homework; or playact as a couple to infiltrate a dead man's home and figure out who was threatening him. 

"Why is everything you own black?" Aru demanded, holding up a shirt. 

Mini insisted, "It hides the dirt better!" 

"Don't complain, Shah, Mini's the only person we know who has somewhat sensible clothes." Brynne said. 

"What about you?" Aru asked, turning to Brynne. 

"My clothes will be too big for you, you're like an ant. Plus, I doubt big rompers with "HANGRY" printed on them count as inconspicuous." 

Aru sighed, and took out a long, loose shirt from Mini's closet, and threw it on Mini's bed, next to her own jeans. 

One shower later, she appeared, her nerves mounting. 

"This smells strongly of sanitizer." she said, picking at the shirt, and casting a suspicious look in Mini's direction. "What, do you bathe in antibacterial solution, or something?" 

"That's physically impossible, Aru." Mini sighed. 

Before an argument could break out, their bell rang. Brynne opened the door, behind which stood Aiden, looking nervous. 

He was wearing a green shirt, dark jeans, and his camera was missing, from around his neck. He looked strangely lost, without it. 

"Shah." he said, smiling slightly. "You look..."

DON'T PANIC, her mind screamed, the first sign of her panicking. 

"..fine." he finished, somewhat flatly, as his smile faded. 

Aru visibly deflated, while she could hear a tiny groan from Mini, and Brynne facepalming. 

He tapped his watch, and said, "Shall we?" It glossed over the awkward moment.