New You

"I think like you"

"Well, I like you too, Bradley."

"You like-like me?"

"Sure, I like-like you a lot-lot"

--

That had been years ago, Butter's was now a distant memory of my past.

A marker of my experiences, just another one of my many childhood crushes.

Although, he met much more to me than any of my others.

He had saved my life, shown me that there was nothing wrong with me. Opened my eyes to the wonders of the world.

He was my first taste of acceptance in the dark, cold world I once lived in, the sweet ambrosia taste his words had left in my mouth that faithful day stuck with me throughout my growth. Its residue stuck in my mind, replaying his speech over and over when I needed it most.

His words would sometimes push me through my hardest days. Inspire me to keep on pushing through when no one believed me.

It was stupid, to say the least.

Having such childish words be the basis of my success. Letting a child's speech be the one thing keeping me going through all these years.

But that speech meant everything to me back then, it still does now. It was the thing I needed most at that time, the one thing that made sense to me.

Maybe that's why he stuck out in my brain. Why his words still brought me joy, why the memory of his face still made my mind all giddy as if I were still in grade school thinking about holding hands with my crush for the first time.

But I wasn't a child, not anymore. Years had passed since I've seen Butter's, and I had grown a lot since then. I had different boyfriends over the years, went through the ups and downs of life throughout middle school and the beginning of high school. I even began to stop muttering bible verses everything I had a 'bad' thought, though the habit still comes back to bite once in a while.

That was until my dad got a new job and had us move.

We're moving to a town called South Park, I haven't even seen it on the maps before now. The mountain town seemed so small, so insignificant, that I wouldn't have thought to look for it until now. How my dad found work in such a place is beyond me, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is the fact that was moving.

Just me.

None of my friends are going to come. They're all going to be left behind while I'm forced to live in some unknown snowy wasteland. All the memories and relationships I've worked so hard on will be gone in an instant.

Though, I guess that's what happens when you move. You have to leave your old life behind and start a new one.

New house.

New memories.

New friendships.

New You.

___

naturally I had to make the dad have a new job that made them move-
naturally.

Will the main ship I have rn end up together in the end?
Imma be real with you, idk- so I hope your a multi-shipper cause were jumping in the deep end and we both don't know what's in there-

why am I only able to start fics with weird flashback things??? Idk I just am- sorry

dont think to much bout this, I came up with this at 11pm and I dont know where its going to go but I hope it goes far-
if that makes sense-

:)

---

ok im literally not gonna be ready for school if I do this any longer so I hope this transferred  correctly TT