º3º

It was Saturday night. Jungkook was coming back. The day had dragged for far too long and Jungkook's train had been delayed so Jimin had more time to think. This was not necessarily a good thing. He had the full support of everyone around him, but he couldn't help but imagine everything that could go wrong. All of those thoughts left his head, however, when Jungkook stepped through the door.

"Jungkook!" Everyone chorused and Jimin had to hold himself back from hugging him until all of his bags had been put down. Once they had been, however, Jimin leapt onto Jungkook and no one made any move to stop him. They knew how much he needed this.

"Missed you, Kookie," he whispered and Jungkook laughed.

"I missed you guys, too. What have you been doing without me?" Jimin let go of him and looked sheepishly to the other members. Truthfully, they had been listening to Jimin openly pine for Jungkook for about three days. They couldn't tell him that yet, though. He filled them in on details of his trip and Jimin listened intently. Not necessarily to the words, but to his voice. He had missed it.

After they had all eaten, the others excused themselves at various stages of the evening until it was just Jimin and Jungkook. Before Jungkook could get up, Jimin asked,

"Hey, can we talk about something?" Jungkook looked at him curiously and turned towards him, focusing his beautiful doe eyes directly on Jimin.

"Anything." Jimin was scared. What if this didn't work? What if Jungkook did abandon him? He thought back to all the support from the others and took a deep breath.

"Okay, so, the last week was really hard for me and I-I really wasn't myself. And...it was because you were in Busan. It was because you weren't here. You weren't with me and it killed me." Jimin didn't want to look at Jungkook in case he didn't want to see the reaction. "I had everyone else to help me but things are never the same unless you're here. I love you, Jungkook." He finally looked up and saw Jungkook sitting and looking unreadably into his eyes. He bowed his head.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly and Jimin shattered. "I-I'm sorry, I don't...I like someone else. I'm sorry." Oh hell no. Jimin wasn't giving up. He couldn't.

"You always do. There's always someone and I always want to get them away from you. They don't deserve someone like you. You deserve better than them. They will never love you as much as I do."

"Jimin..."

"I need one night. That's it. Just one. To show you just how much I need you. Because I do. When you aren't here, I feel like crying. Can you give me one night? One night and then we can forget all about it if you want." Jungkook looked conflicted and Jimin didn't know what he would do.

"One night?" Jimin's heart pounded.

"One."

Pause.

"Okay." Jimin swallowed.