i

as far as experiments go, making something edible is a part of it.

taking a break from her 7612th experiment, which is still in progress— sucrose decides to work once more on something she's been trying to learn for weeks; making sweets.

for the past few weeks, which in reality, has been 3 months— she's tried to make sweets, only to end up failing. in her opinion, said experiments were not as sweets as the test subjects mentioned. but of course, she has to write their observations down.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

as she finished all batches of sweets— first batch is from the recipe itself; the second one having 25% less sugar; and the third batch having 50% less sugar. of course, she took a bite from each of the batches, which is as usual, isn't that sweet. and since most of the knights doesn't go in the laboratory, with the exception of klee, often accompanied with kaeya, she mostly asks albedo for any remarks about the experiments.

she wouldn't really want to bother him in his research, but he insisted, so who is she to refuse?

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

as she went to where albedo usually conducts his experiments, she's stuck on whether to leave or ask for permission to pry.

"mr. albedo.? may i ask for your opinion with this new batches of sweets-?"

"sure, sucrose. feel free to enter." the other alchemist answered.

by the time she opened the door, she was stunned.

WAS MR. ALBEDO EATING SPIDERS?

"sir, what are you eating?!" was her first response, along with a squeak at the end.

of course, she wasn't thinking by the time she reacted, and felt bad afterwards, muttering continuous apologies.

"worry not, sucrose. even, i, myself, can agree.. on how odd it is to eat spiders. but, there are recipes that fit them, you might not even think of what they are. maybe i could whip you up a dish like that sometime."

"eugh, i'm really sorry, mr. albedo, but i have to refuse the offer. i'm not even sure what's worse— eating spiders, or eating mushrooms.."

"why do you hate mushrooms, sucrose? they just live off dead matter.."

"that's the point!"

and suddenly, someone was knocking at the door.

"i'm coming! mr. albedo, we still have to discuss about the sweets, but probably later."

"alright then."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

the door introduced her to kaeya. with a smug look on his face, of course.

"oh hello to you, sweet flower. can i please come inside?"

"oh, uh, of course, sir kaeya. please make yourself do inside. i'm sorry for the mess, i have yet to clean the laboratory for today."

she makes her way to get kaeya a chair.

"and please don't refer to me in that way, sir kaeya."

"i just feel like it would fit you, y'know? anyways... what were the two of you doing before i invited myself in?"

"before you barged in, more like." albedo chirped in.

"woah, woah. what's got the chief alchemist in a mood today-?"

"uh, mr. albedo, if it's about the spiders, i'm sorry again, please don't be mad at me for not wanting to eat it."

"..eating spiders? what the fuck is with your experiments this time, albedo?" even kaeya looks traumatized.