ii

weeks have past since kaeya has agreed to being sucrose's second taste tester (more like test subject) and it hasn't quite been for the better.

well, sucrose keeps asking albedo to either put it in his table, or give it to him directly. the other knights kept thinking that something else has been happening between the two of them.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"hey kaeya, i'm not usually the one to ask this, but i've noticed that albedo keeps giving you something.. and at the same time, there's some bag in your desk sometimes.. what is it?" fuck. amber noticed.

"ah it's just a commission i asked albedo and sucrose of, nothing much to worry about, outrider.." ah i hope she won't see right thru it.

"i wasn't expecting sucrose to be a part of this.. but fine, i'll just ask them myselves.." then left.

i have to tell them about the excuse. and quick.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"ah sucrose, there you are. can i have a word about the commission? in private, if you would.." amber. please don't tell me she has asked them already..

"uh.. "

"just go along with it, i need to explain real quick.."

"ah of course, haha!" she was taking a peak at amber. smart girl she is. she knows who i'm wary about, thank barbatos... or venti, should i say..

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"so.. what commission are you talking about exactly..?"

"there is no commission, sucrose. it's an excuse for amber, i'm talking about the sweets.."

"oh.. do you want to back-out? feel free, i'll find another one in a jippy.." huh, she was kind of sad..

"ah that's not what i meant, i just want to say, if amber asks about the sweets, that we're covering as a commission, just try not to let the secret out"

"alright then! i ought to get going now, i have to tell albedo about it. thank you for helping me out by the way, kaeya!"

oh. how bright could her smile get..

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"albedo! has amber asked you of a commission from kaeya..?" hopefully not..

"i don't know what commission she was talking about, but i just went along, it could've been a plan that the both of you thought of. but not yet, but she asked me to meet her in a bit about it." ah thank the archons

"what even is this commission-?"

"there is no commission.. it's just the sweets.."

"ah i see, but why did the both of you have to cover it as a commission..?"

"well, uh.. i- er... you do remember that kaeya isn't one for sweets, right..? and about our relationship in general.."

"i'm guessing kaeya never mentioned a reason, and just made it up, yes?" of course, it's albedo, being perceptive as he is, i couldn't even give an excuse whenever i'm in the lab after hours..

"i- yes.."

"you humor me, sucrose. worry not, i won't slip. anything else before i go?"