Four

I couldn't hold back the laughter that erupted from my lips. Did Sangwoo actually think that I was onto him? Man, he's more paranoid than I thought. I mean, I expected this in the far future, but today? Definitely not.

"What's so funny?" Sangwoo said.

"Just this meme I saw," I said simply.

"Sure," Sangwoo said as he plopped back down onto the couch. "So, what do you do for work?"

"I work from home," I said. "Occasionally I have to go out and do things, but I'm mostly on my computer."

"Being a hacker?" He joked.

"Exactly," I said. "So, Sangwoo, what did you think about the movie?"

"Ted was a psychopathic killer," He said. "He should be locked up for life for his crimes. It's just wrong."

"Sounds rehearsed," I teased. "That's like, the typical thing any person would say. You and I both know you're a much deeper thinker."

"What are you implying?" he said.

"Just saying." I shrugged. "Your answer is generic. I can't exactly use this in my essay if you're being boring. What do you really think about it?"

"It was fucking idiotic how he got caught," Sangwoo said.

'I'd have to agree," I hummed. "The girlfriend definitely shouldn't have snitched, plus, he acted so," I trailed off. "Suspicious. He could've successfully gotten away with it if he was a bit smarter."

"I agree," Sangwoo said. "Besides, he did most of that shit out in the open. That was stupid too. Plus, why would he bite one of his victims? That's another thing that got hit ass caught."

I smiled. "Are you sure you haven't done this before?"

Sangwoo and I laughed.

_______________

Sangwoo paced around his living room. "Are you listening?" He said. "I really hope you are because I need someone to talk to. God, does she know about me or is she just messing with me? She said she wouldn't tell on that Ted guy, so maybe it's the same with me? But how does she know?" He paused. "Now that I think about it, there are so many missing pieces in her life. SO much shit that doesn't make sense."

I smiled. "I'm constantly on your mind, Sangwoo," I said with a dreamy sigh. "It's like we're destined to be together."

Then, my phone started to ring. I picked it up and answered it. "Hellooo."

"_____," Sangwoo said. "I have a question."

"What's up?" I said.

"If you had a dead body in your basement. What would you do?"

"You asked me this yesterday," I said. "Do you have a body in your basement for real?"

"Maybe," he said. "Just answer the question."

I chuckled. This is so easy.

"Put it on ice," I said with a hum. "Keeping the body cold will slow down the decomposition process."

Sangwoo was silent. I could see his hands trembling on my laptop.

"I'm so confused," he confessed. "I can't get you out of my head. There are so many unanswered questions and-"

"Are you having a panic attack?" I said. "Calm down, Sang. I can't answer any questions you don't ask."

"I have so fucking many, I can't even get one in order."

"Throw out words, then," I said. "I'll put them into sentences."

Sangwoo plopped down on his couch and sighed. "No, you're a good friend and a good person. I'm just paranoid, I guess."

"Why?" I said. "Sangwoo, is there really a body in your basement?"

He laughed. "No, ____. Just, someone said something and I assumed some things- it's not important," he rambled. "I'm glad I called you."

I smiled. "I'm glad you called too," I said. "You should call me more. I'm so bored when I'm working."

He chuckled. "Okay, then. I'll call you again tomorrow."

"It is a Saturday," I said. "Why don't we take a break from studying and work, and just hang out? It seems like you need a day to relax."

"Yeah," he said. "It's a date then."