Chapter - 5

Good news, it was just a level two. Bad news, it was targeting Hyeok-u, who was absolutely clueless about this man's true colors. Panic slightly showing on his face, Hyeok-u backed away. So Mun didn't like the way the spirit was eyeing Hyeok-u - savoring him, licking its lips and grinning, a crazed, wild look on its face.

Suddenly, the spirit lunged Hyeok-u and locked him to the ground. The redhead struggled viciously, kicking and lashing out, finally throwing the other off and getting up triumphantly. So Mun charged at the spirit and gave it two, four, six punches before it fell down. He quickly exorcised the spirit which luckily didn't make a fuss and turned to Hyeok-u. "Are you okay?"

The other brushed it off with a slight hum and said, "I must say that was pretty good teamwork. Who was that?"

"No idea. Come on, let's not let this ruin the day." Hyeok-u nodded with a slight smile on his face and offered a hand to the brunette who ws still sitting down on the grass. As they both walked down the hill, both were having the same thought.

'Crap, that thing ruined my view.'

That's when So Mun noticed something and blushed slightly.

Hyeok-u was still holding his hand.

~🍜~

After a long day full of happiness, satisfaction, huge meals (and the occasional flirting ) they returned to So Mun's house. "I . . . guess I'll have to leave you here." Hyeok-u said, slightly disappointed even though he didn't know why. "Not gonna lie, today was probably the best day of my life. And it was all thanks to you. So thank you. So much." So Mun blushed slightly, happy.

As Hyeok-u thanked him oce again and turned to leave So Mun concernedly asked him, "Where are you going to stay?" Hyeok-u turned around and gave the brunette one of his unfortunately small smiles and said, "I still have some money. I can rent an apartment."

"This late at night? Hell, no. Not if I can help it. You'll get beat up again, I know you will and nobody needs that. You're staying with me."

Hyeok-u once again smiled softly causing Mun's heart to go wild and said, "Thanks for the offer but . . . well . . . as I was brought up as a rich person and had everything handed to me in a silver platter, I don't want to be a charity case. If there was something I learnt it was that. I still have my pride. I don't want to be in debt to anyone."

"Too bad, you already are." So Mun yanked the redhead into the front yard, making him yell and causing the old couple to come rushing out. "Is it okay for Hyeok-u to stay with us one more night?" the brunette asked sweetly, while Hyeok-u smiled at the grandparents and still managed to shoot a death glare at Mun. The other boy's grandfather gave his consent and the two went up to Mun's room.

So Mun collapsed on his bed while Hyeok-u wondered where to sit. The brunette patted the spot next to him and Hyeok-u sat down. The two gradually fell asleep, Hyeok-u cuddling Mun like a teddy bear.

~🍜~

Crash.

Mun woke up, panting. That accursed car incident kept coming back to him. He slowly calmed down and looked around, noticing the empty spot next to him. Wondering where Hyeok-u went, he slowly crept out of his room and outside. He saw the bathroom light switched on and the door ajar. He silently walked forward and gripped the doorknob, opening the door suddenly and stepping in.

What he saw there overwhelmed him. Before him stood a slightly tearful Hyeok-u his wrist in contact with a knife. Various cuts had already been made. Blood dripped onto the bathroom floor. Only one word came out of Mun's mouth

" . . . why?"

Hyeok-u turned around and looked So Mun straight in the eye, sighing. "Look . . ." he began.