20 | When the Clouds Cried

Trigger warning: Sexual assault

"Remember, pages 284 to 304 of the textbook should be read by next week in preparation for the test. That's it. Have a good rest of the day, you all."

A loud bell rung, indicating the end of class and the start of lunch. Students rushed out in hopes of being the first to secure the school store's food before they ran out. People proliferated in the halls to escape the stifling classrooms now that they were dismissed.

I groaned as I raised my head from my folded arms on the table. I was having such a nice dream too.

???: "Sleep well?"

A young-looking boy with large round eyes approached. He was on the shorter side, and to others, he might've seemed like an underclassman.

Y/N: "Meshi...Why is this class so hard?"

Meshi: "Let me guess. You were up until 3 in the morning finishing the paper that you had all week to do."

Y/N: "Actually," I corrected, leaning back and stretching out my arms, "4 in the morning."

Meshi snorted, rolling his eyes and pulling up a chair next to my desk. He unwrapped a rice ball he had in his small hands and spoke.

Meshi: "How many times did I tell you to get started on it?"

I grinned dumbly.

Y/N: "A lot! But it's okay. To be honest, even if I failed that paper I would still finish the class with an A."

The boy shook his head disapprovingly.

Meshi: "Just because your combat grade is so high..." he muttered.

???: "Yooooo!" A loud voice trumpeted. A tall, muscular man with messy brown hair and handsome features sauntered through the doors of the classroom, his arms outstretched to emphasize his entrance. He, and three other figures, circled around the desk Meshi and I were at, and pulled up their own chairs. There was one face among them that I was particularly excited to see.

Y/N: "Ahri!" I greeted as she took a seat next to me. I reached into my bag, pulling out two identical lunch boxes and sliding one to her, a routine that I haven't broken since I started in middle school.

Ahri: "Thank you," she chirped. "I'm so hungry. I totally forgot to eat dinner last night."

Meshi: "Were you also up late doing the paper?" He looked at her dubiously.

Ahri: "No, I'm not (Y/N). I was just caught up in my music, you know? I feel like I'm onto something big right now."

A stylish girl with wavy hair leaned in and took her hands.

???: "Really? You definitely have to show me when you're done with it! Your voice is sooo pretty!"

She gushed, but we were all well aware of that side of her.

Ahri: "Thanks Suyong. You'll be one of the first people I show it to."

???: "Ooh, me too! I wanna hear!" the muscled man from before excitedly yelled.

The stylish girl, Suyong, elbowed the shouting person.

Suyong: "Kenza! Shut up, you're so loud!"

He simply rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

Kenza: "Whoops! Sorry Su. Love you."

She looked away with a huff, crossing her arms.

???: "Love you too, boo."

The final person, a boy only slightly taller than Meshi with sharp eyes and an impassive face, blurted out. To that, Suyong stood up and lightly slammed her hands on the table.