∆We Only See Each Other In Weddings And Funerals∆

Chapter two

Five didn't expect to end up in his 14-year-old body once he time-traveled back to 2019. He must have messed up the equation somewhere. Delores kept telling him that something was wrong, but he chose not to listen, and now, after emerging from a temporal anomaly in his backyard half an hour ago, his two siblings, Numero Uno and Numero Dos, better known as Luther and Diego, are fighting like children at their father's memorial.

Five would have said that it's disrespectful, but he doesn't care.

Regardless, precious time is being wasted, the time he and they don't have.

Five: We don't have time for this!

He warned as he shook his head in disapproval. He then left and went straight to his room. Once inside, five went and lay on his bed, sighing with exhaustion as his head landed on the soft pillow. He must say, despite the room being unoccupied for the last seventeen years, it's still tidy, and hardly any dust can be seen. Not that he's surprised. His "mother" must have still cleaned it.

She and five have never really been close to each other. Well, not like she is with Diego, at least, but five still saw her as a family member. She was the one who took care of them (alongside Pogo) throughout their whole childhood. It may not be the case for five, but he is still thankful for her. Admittedly, five didn't see her as his mother throughout the short time he had with her. It might have something to do with the fact that his father was the one who created her and, with that knowledge, he could only see her as his father; or maybe it's because he never really felt the affection of a mother from her, and in the past, he only saw her as a caretaker, despite calling her "mom" or "mother" and now it's still the same but he can't help but feel sort of guilty about it...

Putting that thought aside, after half a minute of just staring at the ceiling, his own words creep into his head.

"We don't have time for this!"

Five sighed before getting off his bed and walking straight to the door, but before he could open it, he remembered something that stopped him. He quickly turned around and went to the right side of his bed. He then knelt on the floor before lifting a loose floorboard.

Underneath the board was a small space, and in it lay a flower crown. Five stared at it for a moment, immediately noticing the flower that was used was already dead. He then picked it up and examined the handmade crown. Shortly after, a memory played on his mind as he stared at it.

•••

Five was sitting underneath a tree reading a novel, a mystery novel to be precise. At a far distance sat his friend (his first and only friend) in a field of flowers. Beside the boy was a woman dressed in a sunny white dress.

Unknown: How's your reading doing, five?

Five tore his attention away from the book. He looked up, and in front of him sat (in a blanket full of pastries) another woman, who has raven hair that goes to the length of her shoulders. Half of her hair was put up in a ponytail. She had a soft smile playing on her lips as she looked at five, waiting for an answer.

Five: It's going quite nicely. I'd say, the story is very interesting so far.

She chuckled in understanding as she had already read the book. She was the one who recommended it to him a couple of days prior.

Raven's hair: Indeed,

After that, a small conversation occurred about the novel he was currently reading and other books that happened to have been mentioned. Five also recommended some novels he enjoyed reading, and she was happy to find some time to read them.