∆The Visit To Griddy's Doughnuts Pt. 1∆

Chapter three

After a long drive, five finally got to his destination, and that was Giddy's Doughnuts. The place where he and his siblings would always go every time they snuck out of the house. It was one of five's comfort places.

He smirked as he remembered all the fun they had every time they sneaked out and all the pranks they pulled on people for fun.

Such simpler times...

After a while, he parked the car a fair distance away from Griddy's Doughnuts because it would be weird to see a 14-year-old kid getting out of a car alone with no parents nearby, and he doesn't need any unnecessary attention from himself. So, five walked the rest of the way.

He entered the place as the feeling of déjà vu hit him as he heard the familiar ring when he opened the door, but it was short-lived as he saw that the inside of the place was different from the way that he had remembered it when he was a child. which bothered him for some reason, maybe it's because this was where he had met people who were close to him. But it doesn't matter, just as long as five can get his decent cup of coffee before he kills someone for a replacement (not that he would do it since all the killings are behind him now. That was made clear once he broke the contract with the commission and he had one more option before resorting to murder.).

He shook his head a bit as he made a quick look around, trying to find the person that was supposed to be waiting for him, but sighed when he didn't see them.

Deciding to wait, Five made his way towards the front, where the counter should be, and took his seat on one of the stools. Moments later, he heard the hanging bell ring. He looked back slightly, thinking that maybe that was the person he was waiting for, but to his disappointment, it was just an ordinary guy entering the place. He looked back as he decided to ring the bell on the counter while the guy from earlier took a seat next to him.

The waitress didn't show up at the first ring, and five were getting impatient. So, he rang the bell again, and this time the waitress came.

Waitress: Sorry, the toilet was clogged

she said while rubbing her hands dry on a white towel she was holding.

Five recognized her and if he's right about his assumption her name must be Agnes.

When five was a child, Agnes was just a teenager, who always helped her mother at their doughnut shop after school.

Five: Hmm, so she took over this place.

He thought as he looked at Agnes, noticing how much she had gotten older.

Agnes then pulled out a pen and paper so she could take their order.

Agnes: So, what can I get for you?

Before five could respond, the man beside him went ahead and ordered before him.

Man: I'll get a chocolate éclair

Agnes: hmm-mm And maybe a glass of milk for the kid?

Five: The kid wants coffee, black.

He scoffed as he gave her one of his fake smiles. She returned it with an awkward chuckle before turning to the man sitting next to him.

Agnes: Cute Kid.