Chapter 19 || Thin Mint Parties.

CHAPTER SONG - I Don't Want To Live Forever - ZAYN
Lina

It has to be at least eighty degrees, at least. In the middle of May. Lord, can you hear me? I would like some cooler weather please. I'm tried of feeling like a fried pickle all the time.

I said the prayer as I stood at the edge of the parking lot, scanning the crowd of people in front of me. A box of cookie's tucked underneath my arm, as the entry fee. I was told not to go in alone. Not without a Ramos, or Vallero next to me. And sue me, but I wouldn't go in there without one of them even if they didn't tell me this, repeatedly.

On the edge of the cliff stood the youngest Ramos son. In white swimming trunks that had bright pink flamingos on them, and a grin so wide that it made me question how many cookies he already ate. He had to be on a sugar high. Expect, Ash was practically always on a sugar high, like a sugar cookie.

I pulled my phone out quickly, changing his contact's name to sugar cookie. A grin on my face as I pushed my phone back into my pocket and looked back up at him. I swung my head behind me, checking for another familiar face and came up with none. Sara couldn't come, despite my internal begging. Eventually she did tell me that if I really wanted, she would sneak out of the house. I told her not too. I didn't want her to get in trouble, especially for me. She would, if I asked. I wouldn't.

So, here I am. At the edge of Devil's hole, staring at about three hundred high school students. All laughing, talking, jumping off the cliff, and drinking. Majorly drinking. Some of them even stumbled by me, and I had to move aside so I don't get trampled.

I could have not come, I debated that for a long time. And yet, here I am. Ash asked me to come, and I told him I would try. Much to my discomfort. He didn't push me and kept reminded me that if I didn't want too, I didn't have too. Still, that lit smile on his face, and those excited eyes when I told him I would come totally made me a sucker because I was here. Even if I rather be anywhere else. Anywhere else.

I sighed, switching legs as I stood there, still watching all my classmates. They were enjoying themselves, me? Hardly. I was frying.

"There you are, Christ, try to hide a little harder next time why don't you."

I spun, almost tripping over my own feet and faced Maddox. "You told me to wait!" I scowled. He was one of the once that told me to stay, several time.

He too came ready to party, in light blue trunk's and no shirt. Plus, a box of cookies because can't forget those. No shirt, did I mention that? His usual blond hair, styled upwards, in a carefree matter that made him look incredibly effortless attractive. Plus, those pale grey eye's in the bright light looked like storm's fading away into clear skies. No shirt, did I mention that? Well, I'm mentioning it again.

Lord? It's me again. I know your terribly tired of hearing my squeaky voice at this point but hear me out... did you really have to feed his ego with the good looks? Couldn't you give him a single facial flaw? Just one...

Maddox squinted his eyes at me. "I know we told you wait, but no one told you to hide in the fucken bushes. It took me at least five minutes to find you. Damn girl, you're like a little ninja."

"Or you have terrible eyes sight because I haven't moved since I got here. And I'm not in the bushes, I'm by them." I scoffed, eyeing the bushes, then him. I was a little close to them..

    He lifted his hand, grabbing the sunglasses that sat on top of his head and dropped them to his eyes, hiding those sea stormed eyes. Maddox, well, his something. Ripped body, curved arms, tones abs (on full display) and built chest. The point is, Lord, really?