Chapter 49 || Wake Up Call.

CHAPTER SONG -I'll Be Good, Jaymes Young
Mateo

Fuck, my head is pounding, and it feels like someone bulldozer through me. No, more like I have been tortured for hours, and now I'm coming back for them to have some more fun. Even blinking felt like someone was stabbing blades into my eyes. "Morning, how was your nap?" I heard someone ask, and I recognized the voice right away.

I put more effort into it this time, blinking through the fuzziness until Maddox came into view. Still a little blurry but I could see him and his brownish stained untamed hair that looked like he ran his fingers through about a million times. The collar of his black tee, tugged on. And he had his legs propped up on the bed beside were I laid as he watched me with a grin from his chair. He might be grinning, but his also tired because I can see the bloodshot taking over his pale eyes.

"You look like you need a nap." I muttered, my dry mouth making me cough. I left my arm, but pain shot through me and made me wince. Maddox hopped off the chair. "Chill out there, sleeping beauty." he said, grabbing a jug of water by the bed and filling up a cup, "Your high as fuck right now. All the best drugs. I made sure myself that it wasn't any of that weak shit."

Was that why I felt so groggy?

"Very kind of you." I replied, running my tongue through my mouth and tasting the cotton mouth. He turned, handing me the cup of water. "I know, I'm the best." he smiled, and I lifted my other arm that hurt less and grabbed it from him.

Taking a slow slip, I looked around the room. Clearly, I was in a hospital room and a curtain was pulled to the side of me. In front of me, I could see all my siblings. Ash, stretched across the couch with Lily on his chest and both of them knocked out. Kirsan, sat at the end of the couch with his head tipped back and sleeping. And Aster, she was in her own chair, curled up in a little ball and sleeping peacefully. How long have they been here?

I looked back to Maddox and handing him the cup. He took it, eyes dropping in exhaustion as he set the cup down and dropped himself into the chair. And it was something about the noise of the leg's scratching against the ground that brought all my memories back. The echo's of the shots. My own gun kicking me back as I emptied a clip into the man. Lina, and her body slammed into me. Her lifeless eyes fading as they looked up at me. And finally, her bloody body in my hold.

I shot forward. "Where is she?"

Maddox jerked in his chair, grabbing my hands to stop me from yanking the lines out of my veins. But I needed to find her. I needed to see her. I needed to make sure she's alive. Oh god. Oh fuck. What if... What... I don't remember anything past the paramedics, and even that is foggy. Fuck those drugs.

Maddox pushed my hands away, fighting me. "Stop it." he hissed, trying again but I wouldn't stop until I have her back in my arms. "No." I hissed back, "Where is she? Where is she Maddox?" I groaned in pain, and still fought him with everything I had left.

He didn't give up. "Let me go! I need to find her." I winced as I threw my legs over the side of the bed. But he shot forward and placed himself between my legs so that I couldn't move. He swung out, gripping my neck to force me to stop moving and I grabbed onto his forearm. "Just let go." I begged.

He held on harder. "I'm not fucken letting go. Suck it fucken up. Quit making this harder."

The door opened, and a second later someone was dragging me backwards by my shoulders and Maddox was letting go. "Hijo, stop it."

I didn't stop fighting and swung my hands forward to get out of his grip, but he didn't let go. I felt tears pour into my eyes, but I didn't give one fuck. If she was gone, I might as well be too. If she's dead, they should have let me go too. I wouldn't make it without her. I won't. So, I continued to try to get up, because I needed to find her. But my dad didn't let go, his strong hands holding me from even getting an inch of this stupid fucken bed.