Chapter 38 || Pool Breaks.

CHAPTER SONG - I Found, Amber Run
Lina

"Come on, love. I promised to show you how to play pool, and my room." he winked, standing to his full height and towering over me. I didn't mind it, not at all in fact. I liked that he was much taller then me, and always felt like a shield I can dodge behind if I needed it.

    I pushed off the couch, my feet hitting the ground with exactment bubbling in my tummy. "You did! You did." I nodded, grinning so hard that it almost hurt.

     He laughed, pulling the door of the back patio open. "I absolutely adore you." he chuckled, leading me into the house. And if I though the outside was gorgeous, it was only because I hadn't seen the inside. Everything about this place screamed money, elegance, and family. From the messy living room that had pillow's scatter on the ground like someone was just hangout there, to the blanket tossed on the couch.

     The walls painted in a light grey that reminded me of silver sage and brightened up the interior. It made the space feel larger, opener, and homier. It coated the room in a softened vibe, and made it feel almost warm. I always imagined the shade white did that, but it seems that this shade of grey worked just as well.

    Light wooden floors lit the place further, and all the furniture a shade of black. Each piece styled with a modern touch and made the place all the more beautiful. Tall ceiling across the whole house, and window's that seemed to never end as they climbed up the walls into the ceilings.

    Past the living room and into the hallways, I could see the clear-cut black and white kitchen that screamed for attention, with all its marble counters, and glass chandeliers. I could only imagine how big and splendid the whole space would be, and I almost wanted to ask to see it. But my attention was caught by all the painting covering the hall that we walked by, all sorts of animals and painted in a black and white style.

     I tugged at Mateo's arm. "I can't believe you live here." I exclaimed for the hundred time as we walked past a little nook hidden in the hallway. A built in bookcase sat in the wall, and a window seat occupied the corner with a fuzzy blanket covering it.

Mateo laughed, glancing at me. "Don't ever lose all your excitement, love. I like seeing you that way, makes me feel excited for you."

     I blushed, doing my best not to burn up in front of him but basically failing as he poked my check and laughed. "Those checks, they turn into little strawberries. Makes me want to take a bite."

     I swatted his hand. "You can't." I told him, my attention being stolen by the dinning room as we walked past it. Behind the double door's that were wide open, sat a long Scandinavian style table, made of I would bet solid wood. Attached to it were long benches that reached to each side, and could fit a full family in there, plus some.

I didn't catch more, sadly, because we continued to walk. But something tells me I could walk through this house a million more time, and I would still be impressed and in awe every single time.

     Mateo leaned down. "Yes, I can. Think you can stop me?"

     I titled my head up at him. "I could try."

     He grinned. "Your effort's will be appreciated, but ineffective either way. I always get what I want, you know this. I wanted you, didn't I? And guess what."

I rolled my eyes, not bothering to answer his ridicules question. He wanted me, he got me. That's the answer, and that's the proof that if Mateo set out for something, nothing could stop him. Honestly though, I'll be the first to admit that he had me the second he saw me. It wouldn't have token to much of his effort, I'm a sucker like that. I don't know what kind of black magic he sprinkled on me, but I was a goner the second he smiled at me.