The Beginning

Elesa couldn't sleep. She just couldn't. Not when she had just received some of the best news in her life!

Ingo was back! Ingo, INGO, was back! She had to go see him. She needed to pick up Emmet and- Oh, right. She forgot. Doesn't matter, she had a friend to pick up from the airport.

Elesa was nervous. Apparently Ingo had amnesia and couldn't remember much. He had only recently remembered her. That wasn't going to deter her from getting her best friend anyways. She arrived at the airport in record time and ran in like a frantic tauros. And there he was.

Ingo had noticeably changed. For one, he now had a small beard and his coat was ripped. He stood hunched over instead of straight. He looked so tired but also so alert. His frowning face looked so worn, if she didn't know any better, he looked as if he were gone for fifty years instead of two.

"Ingo."

"Elesa...?" Elesa nodded and watched as Ingo's eyes filled with recognition. He hugged her tight, tighter than ever before. His arms felt muscular under the sleeves of his torn and ragged coat. Now that he was closer, she could see the pink tunic he wore that she didn't notice earlier. "Come on, let's get back to Nimbasa. You can explain everything to me in the car."

One car drive and explanation later, the duo were at Elesa's apartment. "So, let me get this straight, you fell through a rift while walking back home, woke up like 600 years in the past in Sinnoh, got adopted by an extinct evolution of sneasel and became her warden, helped the Champion of Sinnoh who was in a similar situation, had to deal with a merchant that has a god complex, and was sent back by Arceus itself?"

"Yes, although many of my memories are still gone. I could only remember a man who looked like me in white who always smiled and a pokemon with blue flames. I could also remember the phrase 'I like winning more than anything else.'" Elesa winced, knowing who he was talking about. "Do you remember them now?"

"Yes! The man is my twin brother Emmet and the pokemon is my beloved partner Chandelure! I must find them immediately."

"Hold your Horeseas-"

"That was terrible."

"- Chandelure and the rest of your pokemon are at my gym."

"That is good, but where is Emmet?" Elesa froze. Could she really tell him? He just remembered Emmet after all. No, she had to. No use of giving him false hope.

"I'm sorry Ingo but-"

Ingo's face fell at the news.

—-----------

Kudari woke up with a gasp. It was the same dream all over again. He was a small child, travelling with his twin brother and their best friend. He had a tynamo with him while his brother was holding a litwick. They were laughing and having fun. It should've been a nice dream if it weren't for the fact they had blank faces and their names were lost to the wind.

"Sylveee..."

"Ah! Do not worry. I am perfectly functional! It was just a dream." Kudari petted her ribbons as they got out of bed. He just turned twenty. "Good morning Zoroark! You are up early." His strangely colored Zoroark gave him a little lick before going back to watching those baby sensory videos on his tablet. He smiled gently before walking over to his bathroom and brushing his teeth. He'll soon find out more about his past, but for now he must focus on practicing for the concert! They worked very hard to get their guitar part down.

They must also be on the lookout for trainers coming to the battle facility. 'Everybody smile!'