Lift Up The Evening Just For A While

Chapter title from Birthday Suit by Cosmo Sheldrake

We continue our daily schedule from last chapter.

Attempted Pokémon battle scene.

TW// Implied/Referenced past child abuse

---------------------------------------

Kudari stretched once more in the studio. He wore the same outfit from morning practice but without his Galvantula mask. He loved Galvantulas. They were so cute and cuddly! Also they were great Pokémon to breed. Please don't ask how they know that.

Back to the task at hand. Kudari was veerry grateful for the curtains covering the windows to the hall and outside. They didn't like showing their actual face. It's not like it was something they were ashamed of or anything. It was hard to explain why they didn't want anyone looking at it. Silver eyes looked around the room for something.

Their almost always present smile grew wide as they spotted the guitar in the corner. Good. He decided to try a trick before starting actual practice. He sat with legs spread to the sides and placed his hands on the floor. Using the strength in his arms, he lifted his body off of the ground as high as he could and started to raise his legs as well. Their legs moved inwards and upwards until they were doing a handstand. Proud of themself, they let their legs back down and walked over to the guitar.

They had about twenty five minutes remaining. Usually it's longer but with the league starting up again, the facility needed to be in shape! Grabbing the guitar and doing a quick vocal warm up, he practiced the cords he'd need and tuned them to the correct note. He played a lively tune, tapping along with his foot. "Doki doki keiyu no ressha ni notte tashikame ni ikō..."

He frowned. The cords didn't feel right. If only they had given him the sheet music! "This is supposed to be happy. Right?" they questioned. Then why did it feel so sad? They groaned in frustration. Why was this so hard?! They usually didn't have any problems with these types of songs! He took a deep breath. "I am Kudari. I can do this."

He repeated his little mantra as he went over the cords once more. If there was anything Kudari hated, it was failing at something that should be simple.

(A bad habit picked up from childhood. Zoroark has been trying to dispel of it ever since he accidentally went through his trainer's memories. He could never control the malice that burns deep within his bones whenever the thought of his savior's parents crosses his thoughts.)

He spent the next twenty minutes practicing those same chords until his alarm went off. He grabbed his poryphone and went back to the dorm. The facility couldn't run itself!

-------------------------------------

Kudari sat in the near empty subway car. This route wasn't used as much which made things easier. It saddened him quite a bit though. It was a nice route and the stations the train stopped at were quite beautiful. Maybe that's why he chose that building on Hoshi Street.

The train slowed as he stood. They waited until the doors fully opened to walk out and past the turnstiles. Hoshi street was pleasant and calm, something you wouldn't find in a big city. It was more apartments than regular buildings so finding a place to make the facility took a while. He stood in front of a multiple story building, the only commercial one on the street. He entered and took the stairs down to the basement where clear doors that showed an empty room stood guard.

They reached into their pocket to pull out some keys before entering the room and turning on the lights. It was mostly empty seeing as it was just bought a few months ago. The memory of receiving the email of the battle facility being league approved filled them with such happiness.