Belle of the ball

The following evening the Holcrofts are outside preparing to get into the carriage.
Mrs.H:  Straighten your dress Abigail!,June and Sophia no courting!,you shall stay with your father!,Penelope and Elizabeth!-
She gives you a soft look..
Mrs.H :  enjoy yourselves.
Once in the carriage it's mostly a quiet ride,June and Sophia are whispering to each other.You just look out the window until arriving upon a quaint building where there are crowds of people outside.
You proceed out of the carriage and into the main room which is considered the ball room.
Penelope pulls you onto the dance floor,your both having a laugh while dancing until...
A man blows a horn and the hall goes quiet.He the proceeds to announce-
Man:  The Duke of Berriton,the Dukes right hand man; Mr.Barnet,and the Dukes sister..Caroline.
The room bowed,the two men and woman walk through the middle of the room to the other side where they observe.You and Penelope then dance again.
Sometime later your father is waving you and the rest of your siblings over as he heads towards the duke.You all stand there in front of the gingerly man as Father goes to introduce you all-
Mr.H:  may I introduce my wife,Mrs.Holecroft.My five daughters Penelope,Elizabeth,Abigail,June and Sophia.
You all curtsy,while Mr.Barnets eyes linger on you as does the duke for Penelope.But once introductions are over with the duke and Penelope dance while you stay with his sister Caroline and his right hand man,Mr.Barnet.
There is a moment of silence until you decide to break it-
E:   Do you dance Mr.Barnet?
Mr.B:  not if I can help it.
With that answer you then curtsy one last time and go join your sisters dancing.

And that was the last you saw of Mr.Barnet...