Notice: Moving Off of Wattpad (To Other Platforms)

Normally I wouldn't post an author's note chapter but I have some very important news regarding the future of both this and my other fic here on Wattpad.

Don't worry, I'm not abandoning them.

This is extremely important, but if you don't have time at the moment or would like only the essential information, then you can read everything from the TL;DR and below it.

Notice:

Over the past few months I've been working on making some major improvements in my life and dealing with some very difficult things.

During this time, I've learned that Wattpad is a very toxic place and Wattpad support won't be of any help. Users have found loopholes to bypass muting (that I will not mention because I don't want to encourage that behavior), and aside from the loophole I've received a decent amount of gross and inappropriate comments that I do not feel comfortable going into detail about.

Because of this, I've decided to stick to platforms that take harassment and inappropriate behavior seriously. Wattpad is not one of those platforms. But if they happen to improve their support and fix the loopholes, I may return to uploading on this platform.

For now, my current fics and any future ones will be solely on ao3.

I apologize to all of the people that like to use Wattpad and would prefer not to use ao3.

If you'd like to avoid ao3 for whatever reason, feel free to message me on here with what platforms you prefer and I will consider posting my fics there as well.

In a couple of weeks, I will most likely be removing all chapters from both fics except the ones with this notice (unless people really want me to keep the chapters I already have on here up).

But I will not be deleting the entire thing, so that the people that love this and have it saved will be able to access this information and be able to continue reading it elsewhere. We all hate the feeling of a fic we've been reading suddenly disappearing without knowing why. I don't want to do that to any of you.

This change will affect both "A Ghostly Requiem" and "Liminal"

TL;DR (For the section above)

I am taking my fics to other platforms due to the sheer toxicity of Wattpad and the lack of support from Wattpad staff.

Only ao3 for now, but you are free to suggest the platforms you prefer. :)

If Wattpad staff improves their support of users and fixes the loopholes that are allowing users to bypass muting, I may return to this platform.

Moving my fics was not a choice I've made lightly or willingly, and I'm sorry to those that loved to read my fics on this platform. Several toxic people have ruined this for you and I can't apologize enough.

They are partially responsible for the long delay, but more so in the past few months than at the start of my hiatus. I have a zero-tolerance policy for demands, harassment, and inappropriate behavior.

If you are having trouble finding where they can be read instead of here, please let me know and I'll help.

New Chapters Coming Soon:

I was in the process of finishing a new chapter for each when I woke up to a notification that helped me discover the muting loophole that ultimately made me decide to leave this platform. So the new chapters will be uploaded on ao3 in the next few days once I sort everything out. I need to take a day away from this after the notification I received.

I hope that the others being affected by that user in the same way do not quit entirely as a result, and that the user understands that what they're doing isn't okay and that they stop doing it in the future. I will not be releasing the name of that user or contacting them in any way. I don't want to do anything to possibly encourage them to continue. I doubt they will ever see this but I can't be sure they'd feel any guilt if they did.