Exploring

We had linked up with our Avatars yesterday. I've never felt so free until I entered my Avatar body. It was new yet felt so free and alive.

We were exploring in the woods today in our Avatar bodies. A women by the name of Trudy was taking us. She seemed very nice. She was strong, brave and had a lot of courage in her. We landed deep within the forest, looking up to see the trees that closed in on us.

"Shut it down, we're gonna stay a while." I heard Grace yell to Trudy. She then shut down the engine, the wind from around us stopping. As we were about to go, Grace told Norm to get his exo-pack. I silently laughed at him for forgetting. He caught up quickly after grabbing it.

We continued to walk, getting further and further from the Samson 16. Grace then stopped, getting samples of the roots. Norm also stopped to help her with the equipment. Jake, I knew was a marine. He was aware of everything that was around him and wasn't afraid to go up and kill it.

Jake then went along, I followed behind. He had found some Helicoradian leaves. He touched all of them, making them disappear like a domino effect. After they all disappeared, we saw a Hammerhead Titanothere with others behind it. Jake lifted his gun in ready position.

"Jake don't." I told him in a breathy voice. I was a bit nervous as I saw it do it's threat display.

"Don't shoot. Don't shoot, you'll piss him off." I heard Grace say.

"What do you want me to do? Dance with it?" Jake responded.

"Just- hold your ground. That armors too thick, trust me."

It then charged toward Jake and I. Jake had ran towards it before I could stop him. They soon stopped, Jake yelled and cussed as it ran away. We then heard a low growl coming from behind us. I turned around to see a giant Thanator between the tree. It jumped in front of us, screeching at the Titanotheres.

"What do you want me to do? Run? Don't run? What?" Jake said pointing the gun towards it.

I quickly grab his hand and made a run for it as we heard Grace telling us to run. The Thanator was right on our tail as we kept running throughout the forest. We would get caught up in the vines that hanged from the trees as we continued to make a run for it. Jake then took the lead, going underneath the roots of a tree. We hid underneath it as the angry Thanator kept digging through.

Jake started shooting, making the Thanator even more angry. After struggling for a while, it snatched Jake's gun from his hands and we quickly crawled out. I grabbed his hand again, making sure he was still next to me. As we kept running, I didn't feel his hand. I quickly turn to see Jake being held up by the Thanator. I saw Jake struggle to take off his backpack before falling onto the ground.

"HURRY JAKE!" I tell for him. He quickly stood up and ran towards me, holding my hand once more. We kept running until we saw a opening from the forest. We stopped as we saw the very edge of a cliff. Luckily, there was water down below so we jumped right before the angry Thanator could snatch us from our hair.

We landed in the water, our hands still holding each other's. As we reached the surface, we were gasping for air. As we drifted on, Jake held onto a log that had fallen by the riverside. We quickly got out of the water as we looked up at the Thanator. It screamed loudly as we both looked at each other. We started laughing as we climbed out and started walking into the woods again.