Prologue 1

Whistle of the train brings him back to the present.The train is about to leave the station.Rushing footsteps of the passengers is quite evident. Platform is full of hustle and bustle. It is a very interesting site to behold. So full of life and activities. There is a long queue of passengers on the other end of the platform, in front of the ticket window. Some are sitting on the benches. The anxious look of a few of the running passengers to get into the train before it leaves is funny to watch. The potters are running with luggage. The whole scene looks like a teeming-hive. Somewhere near a baby's crying voice echoing loudly in the hall. Frustration is visible on people's faces. Though his first class apartment is visibly empty in comparison to others. Only a young man accompanied by a young lady is present in the last bench of the first class boggy. They looked quite young to him. They look like a couple maybe in love...who knows? A tangent of a smile spread across his face remembering his young days, when he was in LOVE or at least he thought he was. As they say 'it's not the goodbye that hurts, it's the flashback that follows'. Yet another flashback ,flashes through his hyperactive mind. Yet another reverie, yet another soul churning void, yet another aching heart.

The watch on his wrists shows its 4:58p.m. Still two minutes left to move out from the platform.Overnight train journeys are something he is really fond of. The overnight thrill to be in some other part of the country is what he found his joy in and that is the sole reason even though he could easily afford a plane ticket but he chooses trains over planes. His overenthusiastic, adventures, never old personality is what differs him.The excitement is clear on his deep black eyes. Travel has always been his passion. He always wanted to be a full time travel guide but the pressure of responsibilities of being a single child of a single mother had restricted him from doing so. Now, when he often dives down in the memory lane, he can't help but feel guilty...a pit full ball would always roll down his stomach. His conscience would always mock him. At this time he is usually found with a bottle of whisky, drinking his sorrow at the darkest times of night. He missed those responsibilities that once detested the most.

Looking out of the window his eyes fell on a girl. Wearing a tight fitted pink top paired with extremely short white shorts. She looks visibly uncomfortable. Her eyes landed on him for a second. He felt a sudden pang in his heart looking at her fearful eyes. Her eyes hold agitation..her eyes hold terror..her eyes hold an unknown fury.. No it's not like the love at first sight we see in movies. It was sudden and left him a bit strange and awkward. He felt unusually odd yet familiar..yes a very familiar feeling started to grab him. She instantly reverted her eyes to somewhere else. A frown appeared on his face. He definitely did not like that. Closing his eyes for a second he again looked at the same place but there was none. It's like she was never there. She just vanished into thin air. The hustle bustle of the platform stopped for a moment for him. He felt like hallucinating. She felt like a mirage to him.

The final whistle rang and the train started to move out from the station in a very slow manner. His phone rang , getting out of the stance for the second time in an hour he started to look for his phone.

....

Hello Sidharth ...

The shrill voice from the other end of the device rang through his ear drum alarmists, making it clear that he is really not a fan of the owner of this melodious voice.

Haan ... bolo .. kya hai ? He spoke with a hazy mind.

Kuch nahi bas yaar puchna tha..Train mil gaya? ..care evident .

He didn't like the query. He didn't like the care .

I guess I have restrained you from calling me on my personal number. Please get that straight Ms.prakash. You are my client and I like it that way . Do get that or there are many other ways which I think you wouldn't like that much.

I am your friend Sid.. a mere whisper came out.

You were... Now please, I would like to cut the call.

With that he hung up the phone and switched it off.

...

It was past midnight and just another sleepless night for him. The lights of the kamra are almost deemed. Train is running at its full speed. Speed is something that he hates the most. Speed comes with changes and changes what he fears the most. It is a fact of life . Change often comes with loss. Not exactly with everyone. But for him...yes. Changes brought misery to his life. Changes made him suffer. It brought hardships , pain and deprivation.

Yet, changes are inevitable and unavoidable.. isn't it ?

Twisting and turning on his self made bed his mind goes back to those deep brown eyes. He felt something. Not sure what but he definitely felt something. Maybe a longing..he is not sure..The mysterious figure intrigued him. He is not sure if she was actually there or not ! But he wanted her to be true..why ? He doesn't know.

Sitting on the bench he reached out for his water bottle ... time illustrated 12: 35 a.m. A sigh left his mouth. He seriously needs to sleep. With a hope to get the blessings of 'nidra devi' he again falls back to his previous position.

After a bit of struggle he finally drifted off to sleep. Unaware of the fact that the journey of his life is about to begin.

***

I hope to find you in my stories too ❤️