"Rumours and Allies"

Word quickly spread about the fight between the jomies and Jake, practically all of the students were talking about it the next day at school. Said gossip reached the ears of the music club as well, first of whom being Sean.
He already knew something was up with the whole situation, why would Jake try so hard to get their trust just to say those things, and this made a lot of sense, he'd try to talk to the others about this but first things first, he needed to find Jake, and actually hear his side of the story. Though he did not know where Jake would be now that he wasn't in the music club or with the jomies and he did not have any classes with the guy..
He thought for a few moments before an idea popped into his mind, Jake said daisy was the one who got him to audition...maybe she knows where he might be. He went to find her, which proved to not be that hard since she practically almost ran into him, "Oh no! Sorry Sean.." she apologized ,"I just heard about all the things that happened and I wanted to find you, I'm sure Jake didn't mean any of what he said-", Sean sighed, 'That's exactly what Jake said but no one was willing to listen.' Sean interrupted Daisy,
"Look, Daisy, you wouldn't happen to know where Jake likes to hang out? I'd like to hear his side of the story.". At those words, Daisy's eyes widened slightly before she seemed to be pulled into thought, "hmmm..." she thought for a second,"well...when I first heard him sing, it was on the roof...I think that's because not many people go up there...so you could try there." She looked back at Sean with hopeful eyes, "I really think he didn't mean any of those things...please try to get the others to understand... we don't know what Jake could've gone through." Sean nodded and thanked Daisy before heading to the rooftop.
Once he opened the door, he was greeted with a sight. Jake was sitting on the rooftop floor, his back against the safety railing, hands brought around his knees and his head rested on top of them. Instead of his usual jacket, he seemed to be wearing a hoodie, the hood pulled over his head, the only indication of this being Jake being his blonde/peach bangs.
"Jake?" Sean moved closer, saying his name cautiously. When he was met with silence, he paused for a few seconds and sat next to Jake before continuing his train of thought. "Look Jake, I'm not saying I forgive what you said...but, I'm willing to listen to your side of the story..". This time, he did get a reaction, with Jake's eyes meeting his, which took him by surprise, Jake's eyes looked almost lifeless.
"Oh.." was Jake's only response as he turned his head and pulled his hood off, looking at the ground, "I...was going to hang out with.....them." his eyes squinted and his brows furrowed slightly, "but before meeting with them, I ran into Hailey and Zander in the hall...Hailey was still upset with me because I let Drew still bother you guys...so I was heading to the music club hoping to find her there, and properly apologise, but..." he paused  "I heard Daisy's voice..and...I peeked into the music room, and saw you two talking..." Sean's eyes widened, but before he could say anything Jake continued, "You two seemed pretty close so I ignored it and left to hang out with you know..." he reached under his hoodie and pulled out his necklace, playing with it for a few moments, "When I was at Drew's house, I told them about what I saw, Lia and Zoe saw you two on Saturday and showed me a photo saying you were on a date...and they started saying things like how you guys were bad friends and were just using me...and then Lia brought up the duet with Hailey which caused a whole other mess and I just...." Jake put his head in his hands and let out a shaky breath, "said those STUPID things."
Sean sat there, processing what he just heard, "Jake.."
"I don't expect you guys to forgive me." Jake removed his hands from his face still looking at the ground, his eyes slightly glossy like he might cry any second, "I should've never said those things. I just didn't want to be bullied again..", he sniffled and wiped his eyes, "Again?" Sean asked tilting his head. "I was..."the music freak" in my middle school.. and after I started high school I was so afraid of being bullied again I....bullied you guys along with Drew and the others.. I was just so scared they would find out and they would bully me too.
When Daisy proposed that I audition for the competition, I fully expected to be rejected, which wasn't far from the truth, but you guys gave me a chance, made me feel like myself and that I finally belonged somewhere and I RUINED IT ALL." Jake at this point had a few tears streaming down his face.
Sean couldn't bear to just watch anymore, he hugged Jake, the other tensing slightly before wrapping his arms around Sean and sobbing out. It took a few moments before Jake calmed down and Sean looked at him, "I'll talk to the others and we'll figure this out..okay?" Sean looked at him. Jake nodded and the two got up, Jake wiping his tears and rubbed his hand on his elbow, "Thank you Sean." He gave him a small smile. Sean looked at him and gave him a smile back, "No problem, Jake."