the Ruler

After the event was over, all participants said goodbye to each other and return to their hometown

After the event was over, all participants said goodbye to each other and return to their hometown. Many of them eventually became acquainted and exchanged memorabilia. Sam, who is afraid of being targeted by girls like when he was at the inn, intends to go home secretly. He put on his hood and simple clothes again and decided to air in a quiet place. (Wait a minute, won't Chriso Macairi look flashy? Of course not because Sam has learned to store things in his magical dimension).

Just opened the wings, someone called him..

"Hey Sam.."

"?!?!" familiar voice.

Erie, who ended up calling Sam by name, no longer by nickname.

"That's right, I've always recognized those wings... acrobatic wings with straight stains from Wingspan training..."

Sam didn't say a word. He was confused why Erie suddenly called his name and.. straight stains from training?? Sam wanted to check the flank himself but obviously he couldn't.

"Ehm.. you want to go back to Kteno Diasti huh.." A bit awkward, Erie scratched his head.

"Eh.. well.. of course.. where else I'm going?" he answered flatly. He wondered why Erie who was previously rude and hated him was now so friendly.

"Look.. I.. I want to apologize for hating you for no reason.. I even had a chance to hurt you with a nickname that you obviously don't like.. All this time I thought you were like a 'noble' that people think of in general. Big-headed, don't want to be bothered, or likes to intimidate others. Turns out I was wrong.. you also have your own determination and desire..

If I may tell you one thing, some of my relatives have served as nobles of Asteria. I don't know if you know them or not, but when we gather together their words are sometimes spicy and demeaning to us who are from the other side of the family. Even though we were both born from Nelchael's wings..

But you are different..

.. You bravely came here alone, joined dozens of other participants, even chose to sleep in a room with the usual service while at the inn.. I'm really sorry.. yes.. I was wrong.. you're a strong Celestial and tough because of studying and practicing.. just like the rest of us.." Erie, whose body is taller than Sam, lowered his head so that he could see his junior's face. From his words Sam could sense that his apology was sincere. The crown prince again did not reply. He just stepped closer to his classmate. Erie thought Sam would release the emotions he had been holding in for so long... just like before when a punch flew from his fist. Erie who was prepared with that emotional outburst then closed his eyes. However...

"This.. take it.. this is the space dust that I got during the sky-climbing test earlier .." Sam took Erie's right hand and handed over a lump of gravel, space dust that was previously floating in a layer of zero gravity connected to the universe.

".. one day, once you fly to reach outer space like me earlier, take your own space dust .. and return this to me .." he continued. Erie accepted the pebble. The pebble that Sam gave as a sign that they were no longer rivals.

"From the start I was never angry with you.. I'm used to getting excessive praise or even worse prejudice.. thank you for being one of those who respect me.. you are also a Celestial who is no less great than the other participants.. I even admire you .." Sam's words ended with a sweet smile. Erie who was touched by those words hugged him. He was relieved that there was no more burden in his heart. Now a feeling of peace has filled both of them.

That afternoon, as before, Sam preferred to fly alone rather than take the royal carriage with his parents. He really enjoyed the vast view of Asteria and the southern sky that spread out as his wings spread and glided with the wind. Several Pegasus flew past nearby. He happily flew in the midst of the holy horses, hovering in the air with the cool wind blowing through every feather of their wings. It was that moment of serenity that made the crown prince of Asteria feel alive and loved by the wind.

 It was that moment of serenity that made the crown prince of Asteria feel alive and loved by the wind

...............

The country he leads, the land where his clan was born, the land where his family and all of his people live. He would definitely protect it with all his might. No matter if he had to die out of Magia, losing a wing, he would risk all his strength to protect Asteria.

Samuel Hwang, Ruler of Asteria. The Sky; the One who Protect, The One who Loved by the Wind.

 The Sky; the One who Protect, The One who Loved by the Wind

STRAY KIDS - Enn Vassili | GO!: the Wings that Protect