𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

"Would you pass me that garlic bread, Dongie?" I asked, motioning to the basket across the table. Handong slid the dish of buttery goodness in my direction, and I snagged a crispy slice from the top of the pile. "Thanks."

"No problem. So, what else is new?" During the course of our lunch, Handong and I had already covered discussions about our upcoming tour and the roommates that we would have on it, new dramas that we had scraped up enough free time to watch, and airport fashion ideas, but the freedom of being able to talk in our first language about whatever we want in public is too precious of an opportunity for us to ever pass up, so we can honestly spend hours catching up about the most random of things.

"Well, Dami and I worked on Crystal Clear again recently."

"Really? How did that go?" Handong asked.

I swallowed the bite of garlic bread that I had torn off before replying. "It's coming along really well. I like the way that it's headed."

"Did you show anything about it to SuA yet?"

"No," I answered. "I tried to get her to come with Dami and I to the studio the other day, but she said that she was going to a fitting."

"Oh, I've got a fitting coming up, too," Handong mumbled. "Makes sense."

I sighed. "I'd really like her to hear it while it's in production like this. I want her feedback, especially on the lyrics."

"Of course," Handong hummed. "Why don't you just send it to her?"

"It's not special enough that way," I pouted, and Handong rolled her eyes.

"If you say so."

"I feel such a drive to make music now," I gushed suddenly, the word "special" making my thought process shift slightly. "After that first win...everything just seemed to fall into place for me. What I'm doing with my life, I mean. What and who I'm making music about and for."

"Sure," Handong nodded quickly. "I agree. I'd like to get back into the studio, myself. It really does give you motivation."

"I'd like to do unit songs for our next album," I hummed thoughtfully. "If that's a possibility, we should definitely do one together in Mandarin."

"Oh, that would be great," Handong replied, her eyes lighting up. "I would love that."

"This is a good thought," I mumbled, quickly grabbing my phone and beginning to type up a note as several more ideas popped into my head. "We could do something about finding our new lives here together, and how we bonded."

"That would be so cute," Handong cooed. "I really like this idea, Meimei."

"Good," I grinned. "We'll bring the idea up at the company meeting for the next album and go from there. If they veto it, I don't want to just scrap the idea. We can do it on the side as a single."

Handong nodded. "I'm willing to do that. I think that it would be worthwhile."

"Me too." I reached out, placing a hand on top of Handong's. "I'm really glad that we're in this together. I know that I've said this before, but it really feels like I have a big sister with me in the group because you're here."

"You really are my little sister," Handong smiled, referencing the Mandarin nickname that she always calls me by. She turned my hand over in hers, linking our fingers together. "There's no one else that I can count on like you. All of our members mean everything to me, but I always feel like you make time for me and check in on how I am the most, and it means a lot to me. Like this date, too, I'm really glad that you agreed to come."

"Hey, I'm always up for a meal that someone else is paying for," I grinned, giving Handong's hand a squeeze as I spoke so that she knew that I acknowledged her words, as cheesy as they had been. "I love you, big sis. My unnie."

"Hey, come on, now, don't let the people know that we're locals. I still want to keep talking about that new song idea."