Chapter 1 - The Masquerade

It has been two days since Hope arrived in Mystic Falls 2010. It is now the day of the Masquerade ball March 24, 2010. Hope has found a place to stay and has prepared for the ball over the past two days. She has also been gathering information about what has been happening over the past two days, so she knows what's going on. She has been trying to keep her mind off of her family by preparing for the ball. Hope has also done research on spells dealing with time but has come up with nothing, probably because of the lack of resources she now has. Even looking into Triad and ways to destroy Malivore have become more difficult.

Hope was lucky to have her wallet on her when she was transported, but her knowing she is in the past and can see her parents again has made her restless. She can't exactly shift into a wolf either since there isn't any where to shift, or she might attack someone, as well as it would be suspicious since it's not a full moon. What Hope truly wants to do is go and see her dad and mom once again and save them, but she also knows she has to find a way to defeat Malivore and go back. What Hope is trying to do currently is figure out what exactly is happening and how she won't mess up the future. What could have been changed already just from her being there. Hope had been trying to blend in and not draw a lot of attention to her since she was "new" to town.

The time for the Masquerade ball soon came. Hope made her way out of the room she was staying in and headed to the Lockwood mansion. Before she could be seen by anyone she murmured, "Invisique." She began making her way inside the Lockwood mansion to see what exactly is happening tonight. She had made her way inside watching people she recognized as Caroline, Bonnie, and Matt. She knows that Caroline and Bonnie are supernatural, while Matt somehow always got involved. She didn't know the details as well as she would like too, since, she hadn't read the Stefan Salvatore's journals since she was a kid.

The ball had been in full swing and Hope was watching everything play out. Hope had seen Katherine who she had never met, she was pinning Caroline to a wall. Hope had followed them, her spell still active, she had stood some distance away since even though she was cloaked they still had supernatural hearing. Hope didn't know any of the exact details happening tonight since her family was mentioned in later pages. Hope didn't want to admit, but she was very curious as to what her family was like before she was born.

"What are Stefan and Damon up too?" Katherine asked. She had Caroline's head pinned to the wall.

"What do you mean?" Caroline asked, trying to play dumb.

"I've got Jeremy Gilbert luring me out to the lake." Katherine had said, still pinning Caroline. "What's going on?" She asked. Katherine's voice was very calm like she had expected them to plan something.

"I don't know, nothing." Caroline states.

"Don't lie to me Caroline," Katherine said. She had sounded more threatening and was now choking Caroline. "They're up to something. What is it?" She said, as her grip tightens slightly on Caroline's throat.

"I—" Caroline says, as Katherine grips even harder, hard enough to hear something pop. "Wait, no. Ok. They're trying to kill you." Caroline says, as Katherine releases her throat.

"I figured as much. Where's the moonstone?"

"Bonnie has it."

"And where is Bonnie right now?"

"I don't know." Caroline says, sounding more sure in her answer, then previously. This causes Katherine to grab her by the throat again. As soon as this happens Caroline panicked and says quickly, "Ok. She's upstairs. She's upstairs." After that was said Katherine and Caroline began to make their way upstairs with Hope following behind at a safe distance.

"Where is she?" Katherine asked. She looked annoyed as she glanced around the empty room.

"Heh. Heh." Caroline laughed. "I did it. Heh" she said with a bright smile on her face. "I really didn't think that I'd be able to fool you. But I did it." After Caroline said that; a look of realization crossed Katherine's face as she tried rushing at Caroline which only resulted in Katherine being stuck by an invisible barrier.