14.

*Owen's POV*

I hated many things in life.

Too loose socks, peanut butter, riddles, that stupid fucking Robin who chirps outside my window every morning at the ass crack of Dawn.

Oh yea, and Valentine.

It's easy to be a leader. What's not easy is to not let that power go directly to your head...which bitch boy completely lost the plot on.

Dennis was so unlike his father. I'd fallen for him quickly, he was beautiful, smart, kind and wise.

Which is the opposite of me so you can imagine my surprise when he confessed he loved me as well.

But anyways. I hate Valentine. Dude is unable to keep his trouser snake in its enclosure and thus fucks up the kids he has.

Meeting Sebastian officially only solidified that fact for me.

Werewolves didn't have an exact ruler. More an elected representative and my family has held that for a long ass time.

Keanu is the head of our family pack and also the official leader. Honestly, being unbiased as I can be as he's my cousin, he'd a good fit.

He's strong, kind, caring, loyal and all that.

But still, Valentine. I hated him.

Especially right now.

Vampires are difficult lil buggers to kill. Staking works sure but you gotta really get it in there, fire works as well but then again that kills almost anything. Silver? Kinda outta the question.

So, decapitations and tearing to shreds it was!!

Another head fell and I panted. I could hear wolves yelping, vampires yelling. Blades clashing and then someone grabbed my arm.

I whirled around only to see Dennis staring at me with his icy blue eyes, I perked,

"Dennis! You're okay!"

"I am, so is Sebastian, we're heading to the dungeon to get Mateo"

I nodded, "Lead the way!"

~!~!~!~

So the dungeons were fucking creepy.

They were dark, smelly and damp. If Mateo wasn't as sick as a dog, forgive the phrase, when we found him I'd be in awe.

"Guys!" Dennis called from where he stood in front of a cell, staring wide eyed and horrified.

Sebastian and I rushed over. I couldn't help but widen my eyes and stare as Sebastian fell to his knees and gave the most heartbreaking, blood curdling cry id ever heard a man give.

Mateo was in that cell alright.

He was feral. As feral as I'd ever seen someone. Claws, teeth, red eyes and more hair covering him...not turned, not man. He was shackled to the wall by his wrists by what looked like silver cuffs and chains.

"Oh fuck" I whispered, Dennis grabbing my hand tightly, squeezing it.

"Is there...anything that can help?" Dennis asked as Mateo looked up, spotting Dennis and I, he snarled violently.

"I don't know..." I whispered back to Dennis before Sebastian let out another sob, Mateo's head snapping to look at him and I tilted my head as he seemed to soften, his lip not as curled, shoulders not as tense.

"What're you thinking?" Dennis asked and I just frowned a bit, watching a bit more as Sebastian cried, Mateo whining and struggling to get to him.

"Feral wolves...they typically have an anchor, a rock...something that-that tethers them to being...not feral, be it pups or a mate or just a really good friend" I swallowed heavily, looking at Dennis,

"...What're you suggesting Owen?"

I looked from Dennis to Sebastian and Mateo then back at my mate, my husband,

"...I'm gonna unchain Mateo, have Sebastian calm him down from outside the cage"

Dennis' eyes went wide,

"Owen? Owen-No, okay-No!" He exclaimed, "I know you're a dumbass but you can't just get in a cage with a feral wolf!"

"It'll be fine Dennis" I said soothingly, placing my hands on his face, holding it gently and kissing his forehead, "it will be...okay? We gotta try"

Dennis just gave a shaky sigh, "I don't suppose we could just...let Sebastian in while he's still chained?"

"Would you calm down with your wrists burning, chained to a wall?"

"...Be quick" Dennis said softly, kissing me in a way that was longer than a peck but not long enough it would be...weird.

I nodded, stepping away slowly and heading over to the door of the cell, carefully pushing it open, heading inside and once I did, Mateo went on the defence again.

I could hear Dennis stand beside Sebastian who asked through his tears,

"What's he doing?"

I heard Dennis sigh,

"Being his usual dumbass self..."

Yea. He wasn't wrong.