Part 30

"And how on earth do you think your going to separate them? He's going to go bat shit crazy!"

And that's how my afternoon kicked off. As usual, Zoey and Grant mouthing off to each other, while Clive just stands in the background taking it all in. I do actually feel sorry for him; Zoey treats him like pure shit. Grants not much better but at least he's always polite towards him.

"Just knock him out"

"You can't keep sedating them! If he wakes up before she's back, that cell won't be able to hold him again. It's only a matter of time"

"I just want you to examine the products and make sure they're both healthy"

"Both pups?"

The Lycans hand instantly holds my stomach tighter pulling me closer to him. He doesn't realise how strong he is, or how weak I currently am. His pulling is hurting me. I even have to let out a little whimper to get him to loosen him hold, but his hand doesn't move. The noise draws the attention of the others

"Zoey you're stressing them out again. I told you it's not good for her."

"How do you know its not you? You're the one who takes all the samples, maybe seeing you in giving her a negative vibe"

Zoey storms off back towards the exit. Good, that's enough of her to last me the day, in fact that's enough to last me my life time. Now that there's peace, I can settle my head back down.

"Grant? What are we going to do? She's not been right for days now. I'm worried about her"

Grant lets out a huff. It's almost a defeated huff, like he's lost his inner battle.

"Honestly Clive? I don't know. All this research we're doing is guess work. We can't keep sedating them. In the state she's in, she might not wake up or her heart could stop"

The Lycan behind lets out a growl. I can tell he's trying to keep it quiet for my sake, but he can't keep it down.

"Can I do anything to help? We need to try something"

"If we get her on a drip it could buy her sometime, but unless you get a blood sample off her, I don't know what else she needs. We can't keep guessing and hoping for the best anymore"

They both look towards us. The expressions on their faces are of guilt. Do they actually feel sorry for us? Grant walks back towards the same door that Zoey went to, leaving just Clive in front of our cell.

"I know you guys can hear me"

The Lycan and I lift our heads up towards Clive, well I try to but it's a lot of effort. He's never actually spoken to us properly. Like were more than just wolves. He's normally been too scared too.

"I need to get the female on a drip, and get a sample off her"

"I don't trust them. He's not coming near you"

"Her life could depend on it"

"If anyone comes in here, ill kill them, even him"

I release a small growl and snap my teeth at him. It's probably the most pathetic attempt he's even seen in his life. But I don't want him to hurt Clive. He's been good to me, to all of us in fact. I don't want to see him killed.

"You trust him?"

I'm not sure why I'm nodding to the voice in my head, but I do trust Clive. There are not many people in the world I trust, but I believe he wouldn't intentionally hurt us

"Fine I'll let him doit. But the first sign of him doing anything else, he's a dead man"