Just my luck

Kim and Will finally arrived at his penthouse building. It was located in the heart of Manhattan surrounded with tall buildings. Kim spent most of her life in Brooklyn and spending time with Will made her have a closer view of Manhattan. This part of the city just looked glamorous. This is the economic engine of New York and one of the most expensive areas in United States. Knowing Will's economical background, he could definitely afford to live here.

They went to the elevator to reach the floor of Will's suite. The building was filled with posh decorations. It was Kim's first time to be here. They finally reached Will's floor.

"So you're on the eighth floor. Wow," Kim told him while looking around the lavish ivory walls and gold linings. Even the corridors look glamorous.

"Why? What's the big deal with being on the eighth floor?" She can hear will asking her.

"Well in case you don't know, I'm half-chinese and in chinese culture, it is believed that 8 is a lucky number in feng shui," she told him and she can see him roll his eyes. "Do you have number 8 on you car plate or license?"

"Yeah, why?" he asked, giving her weird looks.

"Weren't you listening to me earlier?" Kim answered Will in a reminding tone. "8 is a lucky number."

"Well I'm not chinese and in case you don't remember, I've been unlucky these past few days," he said, smirking.

"I'm just sharing what I know, there's nothing wrong with it," said Kim and rolled his eyes. She caught him smirking.

"What?"

"Nothing! I just didn't expect you giving me some lectures about chinese feng shui." 

Kim just ignored him. They continued walking until they reached his room. The room number written on the door is 816.

"Wow! Luck must have been on your side most of the time," Kim told Will gleefully. "Many chinese business man would fight for a room number like this. Even my dad, when we went on a vacation  in Macau and Boracay."

"What makes you say that?" Will asked Kim with his deep manly voice. It felt weird because his voice sounded like music to her ears. Really weird. 

"Because 8 is a lucky number," Kim explained to him.

"Whatever!" Will said to her, rolling his eyes as he opened the door of his suite.

Will's suite looked more like a bachelor's pad. It was very obvious that a it's a guy's suite. It was really messy. Kim couldn't believe that he can just stand living here. The mess was everywhere and seeing it looked like it was going to give her a headache.

"Gosh! I can't believe you can stand living here!" said Kim, giving Will disapproving looks. "It's so messy!"

"So what if it's messy!" said Will. "It's not a big deal. As long as I have a place to stay and a bed to lie down."

"Geez! You're such a guy!" 

"And you are such a girl!"

Kim just rolled her eyes at Will's comeback. "Why are you staying in here and not with your grandpa in his Upstate mansion?"

"Because I prefer here," said Will. 

"Why?" Kim asked him again with curiosity. She can't help but wonder why would he live in a suite when he could live in his grandfather's big, luxurious mansion.

Will just ignored her question. "Make yourself feel at home."

Seriously, how on earth will she make herself feel at home in a place so messy such as this, Kim thought. She was the type who wanted her surroundings to be tidy, and organized.