1. Meeting the 'nerds'

* Isabelle's POV *

I slammed on the brake as I pulled outside of a huge building. Grabbing my satchel from the passenger seat of my car, I ran up the concrete steps and headed through the glass door. A perky blonde receptionist sat behind a desk, her manicured nails tapping away at the keyboard. I cleared my throat and she looked up.

"Oh I'm sorry I was just so caught up in this." She chuckled.

"No problem." I replied flashing her a friendly smile.

"Are you here visiting a family member or friend?" She asked.

"No I'm new here. I'm looking for either Gil Grissom or Doctor Robbins. It's my first day." I said nervously fiddling with my bag strap.

"Ahh I understand. I remember my first day, it was a while ago now but just give me a sec I'll page Grissom for you. He'll be down soon." She smiled warmly at me. "And remember I'm always down here on the grave yard shift so if you need me I'm always at this desk. I'm Allison by the way."

"Isabelle." I replied. "Isabelle Ashmore?" A voice rang out, I whipped round and saw a middle-aged man approach me. "Yes that's me..." I stepped forward to meet him.

"I'm Gil Grissom, I'm sure you've heard of me." Gil said. I nodded shyly.

"Right then I'll introduce you to the team, show you around and then take you down to the morgue to meet Doc. And I understand you are a forensic scientist as well and you are able to go out into the field."

"Yeah I'm guessing you read my cv." I chuckled quietly.

"Well I'd be a bad supervisor if I didn't." He joked back. He lead the way up the stairs and down the hallway until we bumped into a blonde lady with blue eyes which darted over Grissom and I. "Catherine this is the new forensic pathologist, Isabelle Ashmore. Isabelle, this is Catherine Willows she's second in command."

I shook Catherine's hand as she said, "Nice to meet you Isabelle."

"Its nice to meet you too."

"Grissom, Brass wants to see you and I at some house. Something about a double homicide. " He nodded briskly and turned to me.

"I have to go to work but if you go down the hall, if you hear death metal blasting and call out Greg, then he'll take you around. Just tell him I sent you." I nodded, pulling my satchel up higher on my shoulder.

"Okay. Thanks by the way." he smiled and they both walked down the hall quietly chatting to each other. I began the search for the mysterious 'Greg'. I came to a glass lab and stepped in as soon as I did I was hit with heavy rock music. I pressed paused on the speakers and a loud voice complained

"No Grissom I didn't finish the DNA tests yet you've only given me 10 minutes."

"My name defiantly isn't Grissom." I shouted. A guy on a spiny chair appeared from behind a stack of shelves and looked at me.

"I'm Isabelle Ashmore and you must be Greg." He stood up and walked towards me stopping a few paces away from me.

"Why yes I am. What assistance do you need."

"Grissom sent me to get a private tour and he recommended you." I joked raising my eyebrows.

"Ah yes I do believe he's right." he spoke with a British accent. "Come dear madam as I will show you the wonders of this magnificent over-sized police station that is thriving with nerds. A very specific breed of human." I burst out laughing as I followed him out of his lab and down into what looked like a break room where a tall brunette woman was sitting with a steaming mug of coffee and a table full of paperwork.