Heroics

UA's Hero Course was the same as the rest of the school's, all except some exceptions with subjects when it comes to their own special course. Kanao was all alone at the back without the boys and Nezuko, since she was deemed okay enough to join the rest of the class. It was rather normal and not really that exciting.

Yamada did spend most of his time on his subject trying to make her talk, and she only ended up writing her answers on the board. She was sure he was going to complain about it to Aizawa after class but Kanao didn't really care. (Yamada swears she looked a bit smug)

The young slayer spent her time watching over her classmates and taking notes for her friends in advance. Everyone was weird, she supposes. Everyone has their own little tics and mannerisms that she finds very interesting.

Midoriya would be very jittery, and eager to answer questions their teachers have but he hesitates. She can see every time he flinches a bit as Bakugo shifts in his seat. The blonde in question seemed to be bored at class, but he would open his palms the same way he would use his quirk whenever Midoriya answers a question or moves. He seemed very agitated. Even from what happened yesterday, she can tell these two have a history, and not a very good one. They remind him of the times Sanemi and Genya would go to the butterfly mansion, with the former being aggressive and the latter being meek.

There were also small little quirks she noticed on others, like the way Jirou would twirl her fingers around her earphone jacks, the way Asui would place a finger on her chin if she doesn't understand anything, the reserved composure of Yaoyorozu even though she looked like she would rather be somewhere else. Iida was very stiff and serious on his seat while Kaminari looked like he was about to fall over from the new knowledge being overloaded in his brain.

She wonders what her boys and Nezuko were doing back in the dorms with their own lesson.

They met each other for lunch.

Kanao was already walking to the loud table in the middle of the already loud crowd with her tray of food and ramune from Lunch Rush (she only ever gets one on rare occasions and whenever Shinobu's missions managed to get her to a place that sells one, now it's cheap and all around in vending machines, isn't that cool?)

At the table, Inosuke was stuffing himself with food, his chopsticks were in Genya's hands, the taller teen was trying his best to make him use it, the teen in question just pouts and turns away. Zenitsu was unfortunate enough to be sitting right next to him.

"That's disgusting, Inosuke! At least try to eat your freaking vegetables!"

"No!"

"Come on boar-head! You lived in the mountains, you probably ate a bunch of these raw before!"

"I said no, Zorotsu!"

"Inosuke, how about I take it?"

"NO! HANDS OFF, TOMPANJIRO! IT'S MINE!"

Kanao sat next to a very tired looking Genya as he ate his lunch. He mutters her a small greeting. Nezuko, who sat in the middle part with Tanjiro, gave her a small wave, which she returned with a nod.

The three watched the others squabble, with Tanjiro oblivious to the stares they're getting at this point.

Genya's ears were a bit pink. "I don't understand how he can deal with them." He says. "I would've already lost my patience, won't you?"

Kanao can only shrug.

Soon enough, three shadows fell over their table as they ate. Kanao watched Tanjiro's eyes lighting up.

"Izuku!" He says, trying to get up, but he was wedged between Nezuko and a rowdy Inosuke, who stopped and looked at the three for a few moments. "I would've said take a seat but it's kinda full here. Oh hi, Iida-san, Uraraka-san, what brings you guys here?"