Chapter 6

... A group of people. One was Professor Wolf, but there were five others that were anonymous. They didn't have name tags either. They were all panting and sweating. There was a shriek outside and all of the doctors scattered in fear. One of them ran towards you and 049. They had purple eyes (likely wearing contacts) and very dark, dyed purple hair. The doctor suddenly seemed fixed on her. Oh no.

He took one arm from around you. No, no! Don't just stand there, move! You hurried forwards, tearing away from his grasp, to push the Professor backwards. The SCP shook his head and looked down at you.

"The disease, (Y/N), I sense it in her and the others," He lowered his head, but suddenly it shot back up again and focused on one of the people in the group. "(G/F/N)."

Your pupils narrowed and you turned to the woman behind you. She was still frozen in shock. She slowly backed away and followed someone else into hiding.

You stared towards (G/F/N) in both shock and hatred.

"We've gotta- wait, should we hide too?"

"No, it's only 096. He knows and trusts you. You're an SCP anyway, and none of us can kill you... well, most of us..." 049 trailed off rather nervously. You shook it off and looked at the 'survivors'.

"Just don't kill them, they could be... useful," You muttered, looking at the man who had betrayed you - just because of feelings. With a quiet sigh, 049 turned his back to the people. You could tell that it was hard for him to resist the urge to kill, or to cure.

You placed your hand on his and smiled warmly. He's too devoted to his role. One way or another he'll kill them...

He clutched your hand tightly and looked up to you. "But (G/F/N) is here... I don't trust him at all," SCP 049 muttered. "I can kill as well as cure, (Y/N), he's not on my good side." His words were kind of startling... He knew his cure from killing... You didn't understand why it shocked you though.

"A-Alright..." Just as you said that, 096 came bursting through the doorway. He turned to you, then towards (G/F/N). He was staring directly at the creature. You quietly screeched and dug your face into 049's shoulder. A scream of agony pierced the air. Then there was a sickly crunch and a horrible sound that made your stomach lurch. You felt ill...

"Hnng..." you held back the warm bile in your throat and leaned against the doctor.

"It's alright, (Y/N)... Hm, I've got an idea, can you walk?" 049 spoke quietly and softly. You looked up at him and shook your head. You couldn't stay here much longer. There was a disgusting scent on the air and a metallic taste came with it.

"I'll carry you then. I know what may make you feel better."

Then, the Plague Doctor picked you up. He was very steady and strong, it was almost surprising. With your head still dug into his shoulder, the two two of you began to leave the room. Then, 049 twisted around to face the West.

"Where are we g-going?" The sick feeling still followed you and remained in your stomach.

"I want to show you some Dragon-Snails."

~~~

You didn't know what a Dragon-Snail was. Added to the excitement though. The white walls of the hallways seemed interesting right now, even the familiar warmth of the doctor was less comforting than usual. The lonely 'clunk' of each footstep was unnerving, who knew what lurked in the shadows? Well, that didn't matter right now, 049 was here to protect you.

Then you began to think. How come you were an SCP? It made no sense, you were quite a normal person before waking in this facility. Why had 049 taken a liking to you as well? Was it because you were the only female subject he'd seen? Was it simply because he wanted to? What was so interesting about you? Everything was so confusing.

Your thoughts were soon cut off as you were shifted softly to lean on the doctor's shoulder. His arm was tense. Holding up your legs must have been hard.

"Hey, you can set me down now," you chuckled, shuffling onto the ground. He nodded thankfully and tapped the thing on the wall to open the door. It slid open to reveal quite a pretty place. It was bright and there were trees and so much grass.

Then there were some adorable tiny creatures in the chamber. 049 approached a little orange coloured one. It had two tiny spiralling horns and a beautiful spotted shell.

You let out a quiet shriek of both surprise and pure joy. The SCP turned towards you, holding out the snail. You took it softly with a small 'aww' and gave it a gentle stroke on the head. It made a weird sort of purring noise and rubbed its head against your palm. The creature was so adorable.

"Daww, can I keep it?"