chapter one » mystery hunk ও

( 🏹 ) ASTRONOMY© 2022 — fated lovethe vampire diaries!!(01x01)

( 🏹 ) ASTRONOMY
© 2022 fated love
the vampire
diaries!!
(01x01)

.ೃ࿐

I stared blankly at the reflection through my glossy mirror, re-living the moments of this past summer. It was a very interesting one. My best friend, Elena Gilbert, had a terrible car accident and fortunately she survived, but her parents didn't. So for the majority of the summer, my friends and I have been trying to console her. But lately she's been pushing us all away, but I understand why she is.

I could never compare myself to what Elena's going through, but my life isn't all peachy either. My dad left me and my mom when I was three years old, so I never really knew him but I never needed him anyway. Because I have my mom. She is my rock, and she's honestly my best friend.

An alarm clock ringing in my ears awoke me from daydream. And that brought me to an even worse realisation. It's my first day back at school today.

"Honey, hurry up! You're going to be late!" a voice from downstairs shouted my name, to which I replied, "Coming mom!" I strut down the stairs and see my mom rushing around the kitchen.

My mom is the most hard-working person I know. She works as a nurse in Mystic Falls Hospital and she works non-stop just to create a living for us. She's honestly the best mom I could ask for.

"You ready for school?" she asked as she rushed around the kitchen, "Lia, have you seen my keys? I've been looking for ages."

I swiftly grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl but I then hesitated when I felt a prick on my finger. "I think I found your keys mom." Suddenly, my mom rushes to me and briskly kisses me on the cheek, "Thank you so much honey, have a great day at school!" she spoke as she ran off to get to work.

"So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands..." My best friend, Bonnie Bennet, trailed off noticing Elena wasn't listening. "And then she predicted that there is going to be a massive orgy party at my house!" I joked trying to get Elena's attention, but it didn't work so me and Bonnie simultaneously shouted, "Elena!"

"I did it again, didn't I?" Elena looked over with a sympathetic face, "I--I'm sorry, guys. You were telling me that..."

"That I'm psychic now." Bonnie reminded her, "and apparently that Lia's having an orgy at her house..."