chapter four » pretty in purple ও

( 🏹 ) ASTRONOMY© 2022 — fated lovethe vampire diaries!!(01x04)

( 🏹 ) ASTRONOMY
© 2022 fated love
the vampire
diaries!!
(01x04)

.ೃ࿐

After what feels like forever, me and my mom sat on the couch together watching tv. It feels like I haven't spent any time with my mom recently. Because of all the animal attacks happening lately, she's been working in the hospital non-stop. But it's nice to have some time with her, even if the tv isn't talking about the nicest thing.

"The death of history teacher, Mr. William Tanner, has shocked all. Police have released that it was another animal attack, apparently a mountain lion,"

"Bullshit!" My mom swore out which caused me to look at her in surprise, "Mom! What do you mean? how is it bull?"

"It couldn't have been an animal, I've seen the victims injuries of this so-called 'animal attack' and if it were a mountain lion, then they would have been mauled to shreds. But they aren't, they're like tiny bite marks, it makes no sense. And the police just call it an animal attack and go on with their day, but the victims' families deserve to know the truth."

"What is the truth?" I've always been curious in my moms work and job, but now I am more than ever. "I don't know yet, honey. And that's what scares me."

My mom, is the strongest person I know. And she never admits when she's scared, but when she does, I know it's serious. Seeing the terrified look on my moms face, I snuggle up next to her on the couch and bury my head into her shoulder. She starts stroking my hair, lovingly and we both reminisce on the past.

"Lia?" My mom questioned lightly as I murmured a small 'yes', "Do you remember, when you were younger, how we would always cuddle every Saturday whilst watching that one tv show. What was it called?"

My mind marvelled as I tried to remember the show, feeling the name on the tip of my tongue. "The two main characters were brothers. And one had a pointy nose and then other looked like.... frankenstein." my mom spoke softly, trying to remember the show also.

"Ooh! Phineas and Ferb!!" I declared, recalling my fond memories of my childhood. "Yeah, and we would watch it every Saturday, without fail." My mom continued sifting her hands through my brunette locks and I heard her slightly sigh. "I'm sorry I haven't been around much my jewel, work has been so stressful at the moment. But that doesn't excuse anything."

I smiled at the mention of my old childhood nickname. My jewel. It derived from when I was about 7 years old, and all I wanted to do was make bracelets and necklaces and all kinds of jewellery. And the first piece I made was for my mom. Previously that day, I had asked my mom for some jewels, and obviously at that age, I didn't think about how expensive things were, so when my mom said I couldn't I threw a massive tantrum and a huge argument spurted between me and my mom.